Sign in to follow this  
Johnny B

Puntland eggs

Johnny B   

Whatever circumstances that lay behind the birth of Puntland , today Puntland´s existance is not questioned by the vast majority of Somalis,except for Somalilanders who question Puntland´s existance geographically but tend to ignore it´s significance politically.

Nonetheless,It´s future is questionable.

Is what is considered by some Col Yey´s crusade Southward decisive for punland´s existance? Shal it perish if Yey fails and prosper if Yey delivers?Is Puntland that integrated with Col Yey and puts all it´s eggs in one basket?

Does puntland have a future of it´s own?

I as Banadirland kid think , Puntland and Col Yey should not be the two sides of the same coin.

What´s your Take?

To the contrary my old boy, despite the below the belt jibes and ill-intentions towards Puntland from its opponents, the State is doing far better than perceived mostly by outsiders including yours truly along with others of similar rationale. It could be said that it is enjoying a season of inward-observation and internal development, political or otherwise deemed crucial for the reconstruction of the State. Challenges, indeed there are, but those are not that which its leadership could not tackle.

However, for one to engage and share more, one must know how much hard facts old Johnny boy has to arrive the said conclusion. Is it hot air, or is he loaded with half truths that came by way of xuuraan? Either way, let us have you bring your wares to the fore for validify of your hypothesis is abound as convinced I am it shall be disproved provided the usual tic-a-tac does not spoil the discourse.

And one more thing, be reminded and be warned it is Puntland you wish to speak of, and not Somalia’s TFG. It is Cadde who is in charge, and not Yusuf. And at that it's all yours now!

Tata,

Puntland is stable and it stand's on it's own two legs.

Ofcourse there are many challenges but I don't know what you're trying to imply with your thread.

Nonetheless,It´s future is questionable

What do you mean with that statment and what evidence have you got that its future is "questionable"?

Puntland is here to stay with or without your liking my friend. Rest assured you won't be asked to contribute to the internal affairs of Puntland nor will you receive a call to "save" Puntland so calm down my friend.

Does puntland have a future of it´s own?

First you said that Puntland's future is "questionable" and now you're asking if puntland has got a "future".

Again none of your business. Puntland dad baa dhistay and it's up to them to decide what they want in future but I can tell you that Puntland is not about a "One Man Show" nor is it about a "300+ Warlords Show" , who excerice and fight for control and domination of one city.

Waxaan leenahay "Puntland Maamul iyo Kaladabeyn bay dhisatayee, Xamareyna Xaal qaado ilaahay baa ku maqanee!

Yoonis, Although I can understand the source of your defensive style, you need not bury such topics merely because you suspect and doubt poster’s intent.

As sluggish as I think JB some time could be this one of his, I must admit, touches a row nerve. For him to put Puntland on the political scale is indicative that he means to play hardball with you on the issues you care. Why not bring some thing to show, as Samurai Warrior seemed to promise, instead of coming across as dismissive as you did? Scoff if you will, but with your manly stride!

Waa talo, saaxiib.

War Xiinfaniinow what made me dismiss his thread was the title.

"Puntland Eggs" ku laha doesn't he know that his "Eggs" are more fragile than Puntland's.

Iam not being defensive but what Iam against him trying to insult my intelligence.

If he want's a real discussion with real men I'll say to him "Go and change the title of the thread".

I knew he was into western culture but it ain't Easter yet JB! At Easter you can go and play in the garden and look for the eggs your friend Jumatutu has hidden for you in the Bushes.

On another serious issue Xiinfaniinow waxaad shuqul ku laheyn baad ka hadashaye ya kugu yiraahdo waxaad shuqul ku laheyn ha soo dhexgalin mise waxaad tahay kuwa ragga afka goosto?

Next time you can come to my classes on how to reply, respond and behave in a cyper forum. You can criticise but do so in virile manner.

Taasna waa iga nasteexo.

Taleexi   

It can be derived and perceived that elected president of the TFG Mr. Abdullahi is somewhat interfering PLs internal affairs here and there in a proxy way. With that said Puntland is in restructuring mode and am hoping that she will come up the deliverables in which her citizens deserve.

JB is entitled to his opinion so I don't see why on earth Mr. Yonis' blood is touching top of the roof if PLs position or performance is critiqued.

Yonis - my dear lad, do not mean to pick on you, but what if I were to say Puntland is far from being stable, perfect and could hardly stand on own legs. Would you not agree old boy, unless of course you have been drinking form the same “moqor†as our neighbours up north who are so drunk of their fictitious empire, and so ungrateful to the support availed to them by the international community that “we did alone†false syndrome has taken hold in your psyche. Resource-starved regions of Somalia with neither human nor social capital to speak of could hardly sustain much of anything, and with that coupled with sleaze, fraud and funds misappropriation awash from coast to coast, it is hardly surprising any are in an ongoing state.

Besides, if one is being genuine in one’s deduction, why would one bother indulging the chaps whose only offerings are “we have more guns than yours†– and since when did that ever get anyone anywhere!

If Puntland is heading towards the right direction, which I trust it is with the rest of Somalia, then why heed the nagging filth of the nay-sayers.

It appears many are being confused by the day-to-day political goings in the old country that reality has alluded them to the extent of believing self-invented fallacies and ill-conceived fictitious spheres of influence at par with that which is being suffered by subjects of fallen empires. Any state that could hardly feed its own people let alone provide for its basic functions, of which annual budget is smaller than that of a single poorly run NGO could hardly claim much of anything - and mind you that applies to the whole of Somalia.

The trouble with the political sphere these days is that even the least informed persons seem irked to want to speak to the subject matter for the sake of it rather than contributing to the debate. Infantile squabbling of lower sort has become the norm herein in so far as no credible person wants to set a foot lest be seen at the scene at par with bitter experiences at occasions where one happens to incidentally call upon one of those unfortunate coffee houses frequented by political bandits who, mind you know next to nothing about much, most of all the discipline of politics.

For all intents and purposes, one could make a claim provided one could support it, present an argument given one is ready to have one’s argument shredded to pieces with logic and sound rationale, raise an issue with genuine perspective whilst perhaps formulating what at the beginning appear cogent hypothesis, again provided acceptable one finds, one’s take of things might not quite meet the mustard where others are concerned. None of these, unfortunately are traits visible herein.

As if there was not enough dribble attributable to being Somali, speaking ill of others has become the norm. Goody, one might say, and waddle off to the wilderness in a bit of a limp or bruised conscious as many had done.

In a nutshell, if one has something to contribute to the debate, kindly oblige the rest. If no, spare yourselves the embarrassment and zip thy gob for all our sakes.

If Johnny boy wishes to debate the subject matter, which I doubt he does for such sweeping remarks would not have been made by one in the know, I shall honour the chap in more way than not. If however he wishes to bore us with clique chit-chat, a visit to the coffee house might be in order.

Cheers,

Samurai Warrior well said.

The road Puntland is on at the moment is not very clear? To many who knew the old Puntland which was very clear on where they stood and where they were headed.

The Point is Puntland is supporting the TFG like crazy with each thing it got first with it's young men than with it's wealth like the brother Johnny B said Puntland is putting all of it's eggs in the one basket which is not very wise.

camel_milk – to the contrary my old chap the road is very clear albeit ridden with gravel, the politics is crystal yet privy only to a few, and the leadership which mind you is of a different genre than the previous, is revving up the engine yet to shift to fifth-gear. Further, I disagree with the notion that Puntland is placing its eggs in one basket for playing that hand would only be offered by one who is out of the loop as it were, phising for crumbs, or not privy to its current politics. One must look to the State’s current leadership to grasp its current state and how it differs from its predecessors. One ought to note current leadership comprises of men of the Diaspora, more technocrats cum administrators than not. Men whose ambition goes no further than Puntland at this juncture, and in other words, the best thing that ever happened to Puntland if one was to be forthright. Befuddlement settles in thusly, particularly where the same yardstick is being applied to measure men of the book with men of the sword, as it were. A reflection of historical events elsewhere and of political markings herein offer some insight into the current goings for common sense alone does not quite do the trick as it fails its companion more so than not. I was hoping to delay sinking my teeth into the subject matter until the hasty lads of the bazookas arrived with something worthy of mincing, or disappointing as expected to spoil one’s appetite.

Catch you later,

Duufaan   

Puntland future is only matters as situation of Somalia is as it is now. If the situation remain same for the future to come. it will be a form of puntland which will be strong to challange anyone. It seems the outhor of topic do not really realize the mission of puntlanization of Somalia already started and puntland has a stake on it, although it does not have an option. In the other hand I do not think puntland has put everything it has a basket. The local government never faction more than emergency cases. it will remain that way for long time to come.

The author is asking why puntland is supporting the federal government? The future of a drug plantation of an uncle may worry him, as he put it "the crusade of the south"

Is not a puntlanization of Somalia better for everyone, at least for short term?