Sign in to follow this  
Alisomali

Israeli Air Force bombing Somalia???

Israel plans cross-border strikes

By Nazir Majally, Arab News Staff

OCCUPIED JERUSALEM, 30 November 2002 — Israel is planning cross-border military strikes as well as a long hunt by stealth once its Mossad intelligence agency delivers its verdict on who was responsible for Thursday’s attacks.

Intelligence sources say the most likely targets in retaliation for the attacks, which cost 16 lives but came close to killing hundreds, are in Lebanon and possibly Somalia and Yemen.

Bah!!!

Its very unlikely that they'll do that. For one thing, they'll need air bases in the region for dealing air strikes which would almost certainly be denied to them.

They'll prolly resort to their usual tactics in sabotaging things, and creatin' mayhem.

its very possible. the Israeli air force is equipped to hit any country in the Arab leaque. and Israels southern air forces bases are only 4 hours away from Somali by commercial air, so if you think about an Israeli fighter jet going 800 miles an hour damn they be there with the quickness.

nuune   

YES they r going to come to somalia and we will be watching them while some warlords will support the israelis to wipe out somalia

Israelis are here there everywhere even in Somalia, though you might not notice. Stealth is the word son! We're their legitemate enemy being member of arab league or have you forgotten...probably yes.

Israelis have been spoiling things for us way back, thats why we ended up overseas.I'm sure of that.

They wont bomb somalia, they destroyed it already. get it!

Dalni   

day: December 05, 2002 at 5:25:16 PST

Bush Meets Kenya, Ethiopia Leaders

By HARRY DUNPHY

ASSOCIATED PRESS

WASHINGTON- President Bush was greeting the leaders of Kenya and Ethiopia on Thursday amid fresh concerns about security in the Horn of Africa, an area U.S. officials have described as a possible haven for terrorists.

The session with President Daniel arap Moi of Kenya and Prime Minister Meles Zenawi of Ethiopia - two of Africa's most prominent leaders - was planned before last week's twin attacks on Kenya's Indian Ocean coast that killed 10 Kenyans, three Israelis and three bombers. The attacks were certain to be addressed by the three leaders.

Bush said Wednesday he believed Osama bin Laden's al-Qaida network was involved in the attacks.

"I am concerned about al-Qaida anywhere," the president said. "I believe that al-Qaida was involved in the African bombings in Kenya. I believe al-Qaida hates freedom."

Evidence continues to mount that al-Qaida was behind the Kenya attacks - a bombing at a hotel frequented by Israelis and the firing of missiles at an Israeli charter flight.

Experts said the missiles - which missed the airplane - had serial numbers similar to those on one involved in an attempted hit on a U.S. military plane in May, and al-Qaida has claimed responsibility for the Kenya attack.

White House spokesman Ari Fleischer said later than Bush was not making a definitive statement about al-Qaida's link to the Kenya attacks. "He's sharing with you suspicions you've heard from previous quarters," Fleischer said.

Kenya police say they have few leads and have not ruled out involvement by al-Qaida and Itihaad al-Islamiya, an Islamic fundamentalist group from neighboring Somalia. Kenyan officials said their country has been targeted by al-Qaida before, recalling the deadly attack on the U.S. embassy in Nairobi on Aug. 7, 1998. That blast killed 219 people - including 12 Americans - and wounded 5,000. A nearly simultaneous attack on the U.S. Embassy in neighboring Tanzania killed 12 people and injured more than 80.

A senior Bush administration official said Kenya has helped fight terrorism to the best of its ability, but noted the country does not have the resources for a more aggressive effort.

As Bush met the two African leaders, U.S. Marines and Kenyan troops were carrying out joint exercises off Kenya's coast. "Operation Edged Mallet" was planned long before last week's attacks just north of Mombasa, the largest port on the east coast of Africa, and was not changed because of them, U.S. officials said...

Kenya is regarded as a key U.S. ally in an unstable region. It shares a long, porous border with Somalia, which has not had an effective government in more than a decade. It also abuts Sudan, which is in the midst of a 19-year civil war.

Besides Somalia, the Horn of Africa includes Eritrea, Djibouti and Ethiopia. Last August, 800 U.S. Special Forces and commandos set up shop in Djibouti, a former French colony, as part of the U.S. led war on terrorism.

For the Kenyan president, the trip to Washington will be his last in office. Presidential elections are set for Dec. 27. Moi has ruled Kenya since 1978 but is barred by the constitution from running again.

Meles, who is trying to lead his impoverished country to economic and political liberalization, is serving a second five-year term in office.

--

Changed   

LooooooooooL

ORIGINALLY POSTED BY WADAAD

OF COURSE THIS MEANS WAR MY FELLOW NOMADS PREPARE FOR JIHAAAAD FIISABIILILAAAH...

Looooooooool JIHAAD LOL

This is my say in this topic: if they come to somalia they are going to treated worst than the way the americans were treated :mad: ......i bet they still remember black howk ;) they will not mess with us.......us somali's are brave and couragious. :D

-KIWI   

Nacallah abuuk yaashe coming to somali,

ummmm biggest joke they love life too much to stop a foot on somali.Iam truely sure they arent that pathetic as histroy shall repeat itself once again...... :D

its very possible. the Israeli air force is equipped to hit any country in the Arab leaque. and Israels southern air forces bases are only 4 hours away from Somali by commercial air, so if you think about an Israeli fighter jet going 800 miles an hour damn they be there with the quickness.

Nah! Thats too far of a distance for fighter jets to travel without needing to refuel. And the Isrealis dont have any known aerial refueling capability.

Looooooooool JIHAAD LOL

This is my say in this topic: if they come to somalia they are going to treated worst than the way the americans were treated ......i bet they still remember black howk they will not mess with us.......us somali's are brave and couragious.

I think the Isrealis know better than to send their boys to that place if the need comes to invade somalia. Why, either one of our cash-strapped neighbours will gladly commit the troops, and everything needed. since thats all u need to invade a country anyways.

Leebaxx   

We must protect our countries somalia and somaliland from the yahoodiies . We must unite and educate our young about the filthy dogs that wana sneak through the back door and we must keep our guards up.