Sign in to follow this  
Thankful

A remarkable leader has left; Mohamud Muse Hersi (Cade) leaves with head held high!!

Thankful   

Things are peaceful alhamdulilah and you will feel more danger walking in many cities abroad then you do anywhere else in Puntland. Everyone gets along very well with each other and are aware of the cost of war. We will now support our new president in any way that we can. The past is the past and we will look towards the future.

It's gives me great pride to think that we can hand over power so peacefully masha'Allah.

(those who claim our new president is corrupt, also have negative stuff to say about the old one and Abdullahi Yusuf, there's a pattern here. The root of it is their wish to see the state crumble and fail.)

Ms DD   

Visionary leader? He had amazing opportunity to make the region great. He didnt take it. I am sorry but i didnt see a visionary leader. He just made others hate 'us'.

Originally posted by Ms DD:

Visionary leader? He had amazing opportunity to make the region great. He didnt take it. I am sorry but i didnt see a visionary leader. He just made others hate 'us'.

L0L,Well,everyone has an opinion. I just think the man was great smile.gif

Thankful   

When you control a state where your borders are surrounded by those that don't even admit you exist and continuously threaten your existence. You will definitely have people that hate you, the more you are successful they more they will hate you. Those that hate us, will never ever compliment us in anyway, shape or form.

He kept the peace even when so much of the security apparatus was taken to the South.

I hope one day you make a trip to Puntland and see how beautiful it is developing. Without security this would be impossible, simple look at Mogadishu as an example!

If you want to read the achievements feel free.

Puntland Development

Ms DD   

Hate is strong word Malika but it is more of a dislike. This i cant deny. But this is not to feel sorry for the subclan of Cadde Musse. Tuhun iyo balaayo ayaa lagu eedeynaayey. This wouldnt have been so bad if Cade Muuse treated his subclan equally to other clans. But wuu u darnaa si aad u daran. Good riddance I say. Cant say much about the new leader. Time will tell.

Edit

Somalipride

I went there 2 years ago. Apparently security/standard of life was much better when A/Yusuf was in charge. Can you deny this?

For once in our life, can we call spade a spade? I wish Somalis would just side with the truth rather than with their clan right or wrong.

Thankful   

Apparently security/standard of life was much better when A/Yusuf was in charge.

I guess it depends who you ask Ms. DD. In 2001 Jama Ali Jama was ousted which triggered a war and violence in the streets. I'm sure it must have been good for your sub-clan though.

Paragon   

Indeed. He did the right thing. Shall I call him a great president though? I dunno.

After all resigning and stepping aside is the in-thing for Puntlanders to do these days. A sign of political maturity or just plain pressure?

Juje   

Originally posted by somalipride:

When you control a state where your borders are surrounded by those that don't even admit you exist and continuously threaten your existence. You will definitely have people that hate you, the more you are successful they more they will hate you. Those that hate us, will never ever compliment us in anyway, shape or form.

For once you sounded like the Israeli PM Tzipi Livni . Sxb take a deep breath and rest assured no one is denying your or that of Puntlans existance.

Puntland is part of Somalia and yes has had its part in the civil-war but it was never peculiar in any form.

Kudos to it for its self-governing and elections of its leaders. However please dont blame its short comings on anyone else. I would have rather hoped if you could have set it as a beacon for the other regions and challenged them to achieve such feat - rather than picturing it as a form hatred, animosity and vicious jealousy.

People give it up,Hon Cade Muse is a hero in Puntland. He ended what could have been a brutal inter-sub clan war in Puntland and united the rebels and government forces with his land mark agreement with A/Yusuf. Thus bringing the peace that brother Somalipride speaks about.

Cade was elected President and left in dignity with his head held high, he could have made noise and started trouble, but chose peace and the interest of his people.

We have had a smooth transfer of power to his rival, unprecedented in other parts of Somalia. Like Mohamed Abdi Hashi he will be fondly remembered as a founding father and a man who loved Puntland and its people.

Originally posted by Ms DD:

And why do you care if 'others' hate 'you'? Seriously? This is quite possible the most asinine statement I have ever read here.

Somalipride

You're right cadde muse is a remarkable leader, how many african leaders peacefully bow out when they loose in a democratic and fair elections? not many.

Ibtisam   

Heheh @ the lies and sound bites, "he was a visionary leader and fair and democratic elections". You'll must be robots to keep repeating this without blinking. Just say we'll get better and do better next time. Stop shooting yourself in the foot by continuing to defend losers like Cadde and Yey. Or is it a case of “Qabili kina kaa weye” and therefore you cannot say anything negative or even balanced regardless of how bad they are.