Sign in to follow this  
guraad

SSH Is Part Of Somali.

mojam   

Baashi,

“Now! Ethiopia (our enemy), Britain (former colonial power), EU, AU, US, UN, and Muslim world are all committed to respect territorial integrity of Somalia.”

The rest I agree but Ethiopia …nah. Their troops cross into Somali territory everyday. Trust me Zenawi might pretend to be concerned for Somalia but he rather see it dismantled. If he could, he would have recognized Sland a long time ago.

-------------------

Gediid you are so right when you said,

“Every government in Somaliland so far from Tuur to Egal and now Riyaale all had one thing in common and that is their aspirations to see a united Somalia.”

Attaining recognition isn’t as hard as it seems but Somaliland can’t get it. If the leaders of sland are serious about recognition, then why aren’t they making any noise to achieve their goal. The reality of this matter is that they are waiting for the South to get its act together, then to to join as one somalia.

--------------

Bari Nomad,

“Puntland and the republic(Somalia?) are one and the same. “

not at this time!

--------------

Guraad,

I haven’t been to sool recently as I have said. However, I have family going there and coming back all the time. Trust me they do keep me posted about the situation there. Secondly, I do have a common sense that says two people don’t think alike let alone the half a million people living in north central somalia. Therefore, for you to claim that all of the population in this region has the same loyalties is absurd. Why do you need to know about my relatives in lasanod anyways? What does that have to do with this discussion?

“Do you know that somaliland mafia in hergeysa have no power what ever in my homeland … WHY THEY ARE AFRAID TO ACT”

Well some people are responsible and don’t start a war to prove that you are strong or weak.

“YOU ALL SEPARATESTS NEED TO WAKE UP BEFORE ITS TO LATE . “

I am not a seperatist. I believe in a United Somalia as well, however, I’m not overwelmed by emotions and seek to face the facts. There is no such a thing as 90% of people believing in the same and it’s is totally wrong for you to speak on their behalf if you are not a PERMANENT RESIDENT!

Having said all that:

Next time that you are there in las anod do me a favor and ask the hardliners who believe in a united somalia to tell you about their background. Did they grow up in Xamar livin’ large under the former regime? Do they have any villas in Xamar that they need to go back to?

And ask the minority that want to join sland whether they have ever left the region to live in the capital city (Xamar).

ps and pay attention to their accent, especially the younger generation, this can explain a lot, you know.

Gediid   

Thanks Smith but I also wait for the other nomads to respond.....from your post is it wrong to deduce that you are rooting for Ina Yusuf?

AYOUB   

GEDIID

'...sliced up Togdheer to create Sool, cut up Wogooyi Galbeed to make Awdal and told the poor refugees from Somali Galbeed that Hargeisa was theirs...'

They either know this or they are not as smart as we think they are. ;) . Gediid you forgot the most heinous crime which was the land stolen under the cover of 'daba dheer' droughts. :eek:

Give them an inch they take a yard

Give them a yard they take a mile

Once a man, twice a child

And everything is just for a little while

BOB MARLEY

bari_nomad

there is one little detail that dissatisfies you go off again making assumptions thatwhat wrote something had a sinister motive behind it when it never did. you said that i wrote puntland was ''merely humiliated while somalilanders were butchered, tortured and raped. let me tell you one thing bari i am not going to make a difference between the two savage attacks of siyad. in both cases innocent people were murdered, butchered and raped. i dont need to say that because everyone knows.

i have condemned siyads actions against the people of puntland but not in a post but to real people which i think is more important and if you want me to do it in a post i will.

I HEREBY CONDEMN THE ATTACKS OF SIYAD BARRE AGAINST THE INNOCENT PEOPLE OF PUNTLAND :D

that do it for you bari.

it doesnt really matter whether they were decades apart or a few minutes apart they were both horribel and i condemn them both. somalilanders were being opressed from the moment that siyad came to power. i know somalilanders who were around at the time of siyads misdoings against the puntlanders and they all told me that they felt sorry for the puntlanders more then anything and never made fun of the puntlanders like guraad claimed.

guraad   

mojam , just wanted to know your back ground , snice i know nearly all the families who live in lascano,alright what ever . i dont know where your loyalty lies but its all good .

I hope we can meet one day in lascano so i can show you how things going on there. any ways i aint hating just expressing my rightful opinion .

India   

Mojam,

Walahi brother I appluad you. You told it like it is. I too have family from Las Anod and they are more fanatical about Somaliland than myself. I think the THRUTH about whether regions like Las Anod want to be part of SOmaliland is an open debate. At best it is 50/50. Look at the voting that took place in Las Anod. They overwhelming voted for Kulmiye. The party that they voted for is not in question but the number of people that voted in a so called "disputed" region.

The truth, we can all come here and put opinions forward which are undertoned by our wishes. But the reality is on can say for sure. Only time will tell where this people give allegience to.

I think a important FACTOR that hardly gets discussed is that people in Las Anod and other regions are worried about tribal implications. In order words they don not wish to be the minorities in Somaliland and have lesser of a say or rights. I think it is upto the Somaliland government to put effort into eliminating these worries. In the issue of tribal differences and consequences I think time has proved that people in Somaliland have moved on and indeed tribal differences are a thing of the past. Prove of this is simply the government of Somaliland which has a diveristy of Qabil's in very important positions--look at the president he is as minority as it gets in the country today. Again I think time is going to play a crucial factor to ease these poeple's worries, as time goes by you will notice a drastic shift towards Somaliland by all these "disputed" regions.

Dusty.

Dusty.

Sophist   

Years have elapsed since I have first become member of this highly esteemed forum. Never have I engaged political discussions, this of course stems from my intense aversion to the subject; but now that my corridor has been evaded I feel compelled to clear certain things out.

On the Subject of former British Somaliland

The territory which has been known as British Somaliland has never legally existed. The British enacted certain town place and after the much resistance from the gruelingly brave Mujahid he dared not to venture completely to hinterlands of these regions (Sanaag, Sool and Hawd); these regions have one thing in common- populated by one tribe.

When Mujahod was Defeated, the full control of these areas has never come into the hands of the Smelly Brits but indeed it remained to uncontrolled by them.

Then the honour of happiness which the Daraawiish fought came ; 26 JUNE 1960 the independence was granted and we all have been jubilant—the realization that the people of SSH will once more join their brethren (yes and I am talking about blood here, no sentimentally bullshite) that unification has become sacred from that day on.

ON SSH PEOPLE AND LAND

It is laughable to read these misinformed writings which carry half-truths and inane pseudo-political arguments. It am really aghasted that the authors of these habitual diatribe which we often read from SOMALILANDNET.com will have us believe their hazy dream. It like a dreamer waking up in the middle of his dream knowing that the pleasure which he was indulging was too delicious to leave as such and consciously decided that it real; the hediously ghastly man was engaging rituals with a respected princess and why would he want to believe it that it was a dream. That is exactly what these people are doing.

I am from Ceergaabo, Sanaag; my brethren reside there to read that these people have the audacity to say that Sanaag (for the record 92 percent of it populated by SSH people) is intricate part of former British Somaliland; this is ludicrous to say the least.

I have no problem if the people of Waqooyi Galbeed and Togdheer want to break away from Somali on whatever grounds. That is entirely up to them—though sometimes I am inclined to believe that marriage that take place between parties should be transparent if one decided that they no longer in love with the other part then mutual agreement should be reached without the disconcerted part committing themselves to others.

I think this is very complex issue; and the whole thing comes down to tribal problems. The Isssaq want to break away from Somalia because they know they will be small fish in a big wide sea; If that is their desire let them be.

Hey, sorry my Boss just came in! I shall go back to work.

I shall leave you with this final Note

SELF-DETERMINATION IS THE CORNER STONE FOR SURVICAL OF FEEBLE POLITICAL ENTETITIES;; CONSEQUENTLY, SSH DO NOT NEED THAT OPTION; THEY ARE PART OF PUNTLAND BY CHOICE AND THE CLAIM OF THE DOCILE POLITICAL FIGURES IN HARGIESA CAN NOT LITLLE TO CHANGE; JUST LIKE WE PEOPLE OF SSH CAN NOT MAKE TOGDHEER PART OF PUNTLAND---- ACTUALLY THE LATTER CHOICE IS QUITE ATTRACTIVE FOR THESE PEOPLE!.

SOPHIST

[ July 04, 2003, 12:59 AM: Message edited by: Admin ]

Sophist   

AND ONE MORE THING! HOW CAN YOU BE A MINORITY IN A PLACE YOU ARE NOT PART OF IT; BESIDES PEOPLE OF TOGDHEER AND WAQOOYI GALBEED ARE NOT LARGER IN NUMBER TO THOSE OF SOOL SANAAG AND HAWD

Hey people we still day dreaming about Las Ano and Buhudle.

How many more facts do you want ?

latest from an SSH based website www.somalicity.com

Munaasabada 1da July oo Xuskeedii ka dhacday Dhamaan gobolada Puntland Talaada July 1,

2003Laascaanood (Somalicity) Dabaal deg iyo damaashaad aad u heer sareeya ayaa lagu qabtay habeenimadii xalay fagaaraha golkhaatumo ee magaalada Laascaanodd, kaasoo lagu xusayay maalintii qaranimada soomaaliyeed cagahaeeda isku taagtay ee 1da July, munaasabadan oo ay dad aad u tiro badani ka soo qayb galeen baa waxaa lagu soo bandhigay, gabayo, heeso, warbixino taariikheed, iyo wac gelin intaba. waxa halkaa hadalo qiiro leh ka jeediyay mas`uuliyiin ka tirsan maamulka gobolka, aqoonyahano, culamaa`ydiin, iyo waxgarad intaba.

Jawigu wuxuu ahaa mid aad u degan dadka idilkiina waxaa ka muuqatay farxad iyo raynrayn aan la qiyaasi karayn, marar badana waxaa dhegayahayga ku soo dhacayay heesihii wadaniga ahaa oo ay ku cel celinayeen ardayda dugsiyada qaar ka mid ahi "goormaan lulanayeey 26kii juuneey 1da luulyaan libaanayeey" waxay ahayd mid ka mida hal ku dhegyadii ardayda.

Saacado ka hor xuskan wayn intaanan ka soo qayb gelin waxaan safar gaaban ku tegay magaaloyinka Guumays, Yagoori iyo Adhicadeeye kuwaas oo dhamaantood wadaagsaday soo dhawaynta maalintan wayn, sidoo kale waxaan radiyaha fooniyaha loo yaqaan kula hadlay meelo badan oo ay ka mid yihiin caasimada gobolka hawd ee Buuhoodle oo iyana la ii sheegay in aad loogu dabaaldegay xuska munaasabada 1daJuly.

Dhanka kale waxaa laga xusay munaasabada 1da July dhamaanba lixda gobol ee uu ka koobanyahay Dowlad Goboleedka Puntland , Waxaana 12.01 daqiiqo lasaaray calankii dhamaan lixda gobol ee hoos yimaada maamulka Dowlad Goboleedka Puntland. Arintan oo ah mid ka turjumaysa inay weli umadii soomaaliyeed qiimo wayn la leedahay qaranimadii ayna dadka soomaaliyeed xasuusan yihiin dhibaatooyinkii gumaytaha iyo intii taageeri jirtay u gaysteen dadka iyo dalkaba.

Maxamed Cali (Somalicity) Lascanod

Gediid,

Ina Yusuf is the President of Puntland and its main candidate, I am rooting for him but if he dosent win and a Somali candidate emerges who can unite the country and respect the state of Puntland then I and others even Ina Yusuf will support.

Its high time we unite and change our destiny

India   

Sophist,

Brother your article is not even worthy of a reponse. Just read it over again and make the correction necessary ( perhaps TRY all over again) or did as you did before and refrain from taking part becuase to take part you should atleast be willing to tell "half thruths" not utter nonsesnse. No offence and No more comment.

Dusty.

Gediid   

Originally posted by Angel-Dust:

Sophist,

Brother your article is not even worthy of a reponse. Just read it over again and make the correction necessary ( perhaps TRY all over again) or did as you did before and refrain from taking part becuase to take part you should atleast be willing to tell "half thruths" not utter nonsesnse. No offence and No more comment.

Dusty.

Angel dee ka Daa.Dadka waa loo seeta dheereyaa.

Baashi....Atleast you are honest about the intentions of Puntland aka Majeertania...lol

Sophist.....You hit on the head, SSH issue is simply about qabiil...ok...another honest person.....lol.

Geedid....You are right bro...every somaliland leader was pro-unity including the late Egal.

People.....Someone from Hargeyse and Garowe shouldn't be talking on behalf of ppl from SSH.

che-q

i agree with you. evryone in this forum seems to think they have the right to represent the peopl of sool sanaag and hawd. i personally KNOW that these areas belong to somaliland but i cant represent those people becuase i am not from the area. a lot of people here claim they are but we know they just make that up to validate their side of the arguiment