Sign in to follow this  
guraad

SSH Is Part Of Somali.

Rokko   

Bari_Nomad, Gediid and co would never tell you how we the people of Puntland suffered under Siyaad Barre na'mean.

Gediid and co. would never tell you how people of Somaliland used to call Puntlanders names like MAHBAR, KULMIS, FALLAAGO.

Gadiid and co, would never tell you how Somalilanders used to ridicule our plight, made fun of our cause only becuase we were fighting against Siyaad Barre's brutal ways na'mean.

As my father used to say: "Waa iska Xaal adduun"

mobb_deep

i think you are misitaken. somalilanders have suffered from siyad barres regime from the minute he came to power. somalilandes were being opressed too much. why would they make fun of the puntlanders when they were going through worse atrrocities. most of siyad's supporters were from puntland and middle somalia. they were the ones commiting crimes agains the somalilanders.

what gediid wont tell you i dont know but he cant tell you that somalilanders made fun of puntlanders because it never happened. i am sorry to tell you your wrong on this bro

Gediid   

Originally posted by Mobb_Deep:

Bari_Nomad, Gediid and co would never tell you how we the people of Puntland suffered under Siyaad Barre na'mean.

Gediid and co. would never tell you how people of Somaliland used to call Puntlanders names like MAHBAR, KULMIS, FALLAAGO.

Gadiid and co, would never tell you how Somalilanders used to ridicule our plight, made fun of our cause only becuase we were fighting against Siyaad Barre's brutal ways na'mean.

As my father used to say: "Waa iska Xaal adduun"

Guys

You only talk of one part of Somalia but I condemn in words and action crimes perpetrated against innocent Somalis everywhere from Somaliland,to the central regions to Mogadisho.I believe that was the action of cowards and who so ever committed crimes against innocent Somalis should be brought to court for their cowardly acts and punished.

Somaliland’s Hypocrisy and claim of victim hood is coming full circle.

Injustice of a regime was either blamed on a region, people or symbols, like that blue flag, Mogadishu and REER XAMAR.

The fact that so called Somalilanders took part in the sacking of Galkacyu and that officers from Hargaysa and the Burco triangle wantonly killed on behalf of the Siyad regime is well known. However when the tables turn Somalilanders blame not Siyad and co, for Colonl Riyaale would be no president if they did, but that Somalilanders chose to burn the Flag and curse XAMAR is laughable.

Politics of the scessesionist is not based on building their hospitals (remember that BBC documentary for red nose day). But on propaganda aimed at blaming all problems on Mogadishu, get a grip people.

Assalym seekers turned politicians such as Faisal Warabbe and Edna have jumped on the bandwagon. “American marines where not dragged on the streets of Mogadishu” the wise owl Edna states. But dear they did not get dragged on the streets of BALCAD, AFGOYE, KISMAYU either let alone BOSSASO, LAS ANO.

Point is that the MYTH Somaliland is coming into focus, soon it will be nothing but some crazy people dragging the Somali flag in the streets of Hargaysa.

Again like Guraad stated earlier

Check out Buuhoodle website to gage the opinion, actually find us any people from those regions who support Somaliland and I will pay you. LOL

http://www.buuhoodle.net/

BN   

A.J. Tukachevsky,

Thanks for proving my point. People like you do not acknowledge what happened in NE Somalia let alone condem it :mad: Your whole thought process is based around qabilist garbage. With you it's just Me, My clan, etc. Innocent people are innocent people. Clan affiliation changes nothing. You know so little about Somali history it's disgusting. :rolleyes: Take a lesson from ppl like Lander & Gediid who are at least mature and knowledgeable.

Gediid,

First in my post I talked of more then just NE Somalia. I agree that all who commited crimes against Somalis should be punished. We all know that Allah will also judge us all by our words and actions.

P.S. Do you not agree that if we had stood up to Siyaad Barre in 1997-78 in NE Somalia we might have stopped it from being repeated in NW Somalia and Mogadishu?

Gediid   

Bari Nomad I do agree with you haddi MAYA La odhan lahaa Somali meeshey ku dambeysey mey mari laheyn.

Smith

Saaxiib seems like you just about missed the bus.We have literally exhausted arguing about Somaliland.Seems like everything that needed to be said has been said so I reckon there will be no need for repeating what people have stated over and over again but who about starting other avenues of disagreeing politely. smile.gifsmile.gif

Gediid,

My apologies brother I am new to the topic, I just couldn't help it. So sorry, but lets open new topics on exposing the Myth of Somaliland, any suggestions?

Gediid   

Smith

Well that sounds tempting but how about we start something that portrays the realities on the ground regarding Somaliweyn and whether its feasible at this moment vis a vis the ongoing peace process in Kenya,the number of warlords in Mogadisho, the intransigeance of the political leadership in the South.That I think is an area that no one in here has yet examined and in all honesty I am dying to know the aspirations of my fellow nomads regarding the issues I mentioned above.

Another possible area of discussion could be how you Somali Weyn fans expect to see a United Somalia in light of the fact that somaliland does not wish to rejoin that union.Will they be forced,coerced or a possible invasion to restore that union.No one once again has ever raised that issue.

Let me know what you think maybe the questions asked above will re-ignite the flames of debate. ;););)

BN   

Gediid,

I think the number one goal of Somalis for Somalia is peace and stability. I myself have no doubt that politicians/elders/people in 'Somaliland' are waiting for the right time for reconciliation with their Eastern/Southern bro/sisters. I myself would like to see strong regional states and a weaker central government. This way local leaders are more accountable and regions are free of interference in their internal matters. This is how it should have been in 1960. This is obviously not possible at present for the reasons you pointed out. I also don't think a military solution will solve anything. Forming a united Federal Government btw all regions of Somalia should be done peacefully. Somalis have been through enough wars.

P.S. Nice avatar. I think he is a very good statesman ;)

bari_nomad

i see you are going back to your old slef again. there was one minute when i though you were being logical for once in your life but you proved me wrong.

you seem to be in a rush as you did not read my post at all but drew your conclusion about what i am like from one sentence. i condemned siyads actions against the people of puntland. guraad claimed that somalilanders made fun of puntlanders being humiliated by siyad to which i anwered that he was wrong and that the somalilanders themselves were being tortures,raped and killed by siyad so therefore could not have been doing that right.

what your point of vieuw is on my grasp of somali history is excatly that and that only---your point of vieuw .that has not matter to me whatsover.

next time read before you reply or you will humiliate yourself again but i guess your getting used to that now so it wouldnt stop you would it??? :confused: :confused:

Gediid   

Bari

See my friend if I was a Somali weyn supporter I would not hesitate to define my hopes and aspirations for a united Somalia.I would go a bit further to define how I would bring about a United Somalia,who I would pick as the leader most likely to unify the nation and discuss all possible outcomes of the current peace process.

Would you be kind enough in initiating such a discussion and telling us how you see the above questions?

Then nomads like the ever eloquent Samurai warrior,HornAfrique,Baashi,Smith and all the rest who believe in Somali weyn will follow suit.I'm sure it will also be an eye opener for people like me who are pro seccession.

Much appreciated

Gediid,

First I think your new face is much better than the last ,

With regards to our aspirations, we aspire to peace liberty and the pursuit of happiness. We want to create a new nation a second republic the federal republic. Learning from the mistakes of the past, rewriting our destiny and forging a collective path in order to safe the Somali species.

The warlord’s time is up, no one in Mogadishu or the south can flex anything remotely comparable to Aydeed senior and Ali Mahdi, in the era of Clan politic. Now the picture is of alliances and most warlords have chosen to put on the civilian hat on, for example Hussein Aydeed feels that peace is important and that anyone can aspire to become president that this is not his God given right.

Most faction leaders (Warlords) are in Nairobi, Puntland is in Nairobi, and the various civilian parties are in Nairobi. So this meeting is the most important since the outbreak of hostilities. With different factions all present of course there would be a bit of chaos, political manoeuvring and the famous Somali tactic of reneging today what you agreed on yesterday. However the meeting has lasted more than 9 months, there has been development on many issues, such as Federalism, the capital, duration of the government and mandate for the new government. Everybody has agreed on principle for the creation of a new Somali state. As in everything this meeting is far from being perfect after all it’s an IGAD not an institute renowned for diplomacy.

So we have a federal charter and 40 candidates, but this for us is progress, everybody is in the same room at the same time. The outcome will be a government of national unity (Somali style) where the major factions will have to share power. So it doesn’t matter who wins at the end they have to work with “them” and this is why I hope Somalia will win.

BN   

Originally posted by A.J. Tukachevsky:

i condemned siyads actions against the people of puntland.

No. You didn't...

guraad claimed that somalilanders made fun of puntlanders being humiliated by siyad to which i anwered that he was wrong and that the somalilanders themselves were being tortures,raped and killed by siyad so therefore could not have been doing that right.

You have your history mixed up. What happened in the two regions were seperated by almost a decade. So all other Somalis at that time were complacent/condoned the actions of the dictator.

BTW, I noticed you reduced what happened in NE Somalia to mere "humiliated" while listed "Somalilanders were tortures,raped and killed" :rolleyes:

Gediid   

Smith

I have come to recognise that a lot of Somalis Puntlanders in particular agree that Mogadisho today will not be a viable capitol,they also are of the opinion that peace should wait for no one.Do you personally think that this is a solution and lets say if the Mogadisho warlords do not mend their ways then they should be brushed aside for the time being and declare a Somali government somewhere else possibly in Puntland.

Do you also favor anyone candidate over the other.

Gediid,

We “Puntlanders” are quietly confident about the process because by bringing everybody together we believe the gap that existed will be narrowed and that we Somali’s once together will be able to rise above their differences for the common good.

While Puntland will be a backbone support for the enw administration I doubt if we want to take on the responsibility of housing the nation’s capital even if temporarily. Also if say Bossaso became capital it would play into the hands of the few “haters of peace” who want to destroy the new government.

I believe that BADOA will be the temporary capital until Mogadishu is brought under control.

Who do I want to win, I am a Puntlander, I want a Puntlander to win the contest for the Presidency. But good luck to him if he does win.