Sign in to follow this  
guraad

SSH Is Part Of Somali.

BN   

Horn,

I thought the same thing when I first saw your new avatar. Insha'Allah one day their occupation will be over :(

Originally posted by mojam:

I think in reality the region is split between punt, sland, and the republic, and ofcourse, there are some who want a seperate state.

Puntland and the republic(Somalia?) are one and the same. I don't think any of them want a seperate state, they are Somali and believe in a strong & independent Federal Somali Republic.

A.Tukachevsky,

Col. Daahir Riyaale Kaahin only represents himself. Since when did he go from oppressor to champion of the oppressed? :D

even in the local elcetions 55,000 people voted for udub (riyaale's party)

I wouldn't put too much stake in the "elections" as UDUB seems to have made up numbers at whim ;)

P.S. Anyone who thinks SS&H receive anything from the Hargeysa government is sadly mistaken :rolleyes:

India   

People

Listen up, Sanaag is Somaliland territory, Hawd is part of togdheer and Somliland territory again. Sool??? I am not sure.

Now, when I say Sanaag and Hawad are Somaliland territories, I mean majority of the [populas are Somalilanders . The people live in peace and lets leave it at that.

However, if we presist --remours will speard as we are in a global village today. If we start these claims, soon the rumour will hit home and consquences could be dire and costly.

Lets examine the worst case scenerio. If these disputed regions are fought upon....GOD FORBID. WHo can contests that both Sanaag and Hawad will easliy be under the control of Somaliland. Now, why take things to the limit. Lets leave things as they are- intact- in peace- and obviously in SOMALILAND ;)

JUXAA   

Well peopel help me here!!!!!!!!! I am confused!!!!!! Why somaliland should claim SOOL & SANAAG as their terrotories when in the first place they (Sool & Sanaag people) were not part of the reason why Somaliland should seccede from the rest of somalia: ''Somaliland people have been targeted by the former regime and the rest of somalia people hence we will not have anything to do with them''.

In other words people in Sool and Sanaag are from same clan as the former president which they claim him and his people have targeted them and masscred them. SALAADU XAGEE BAY ISKA QABSANLA'DAHAY? May be a somalilander can come out from shadow and explain these for us and also tell us in Plain English why should we accept Somaliland as a separate country with Sool and sanaag included? And PLZ reply to me in a civilized manner without a personal attacks. Thank you

Gediid   

Well Juxaa first of all you still have the Old President's mentality because before him everything was reer Waqooyi no this no that.But he came along sliced up Toghdeer to create Sool cut up Waqooyi Galbeed to make Awdal and told the poor refugees from Somali galbeed that Hargeysa was theirs after signing away their homeland to Mengistu and Ethiopia,promised people in Badhan the price for their loyality was Sanaag.Moved the nomads from Budhoodle to Ceelka Burco,quick rapid movements to annihilate the SNM threat.Unfortunately it turned out he was a bad planner,he died in Nigeria a refugee.In the mean time we got together with all,asked them to forgive and forget.The result it turns out is that we now have Riyaale who was NSS as President,Qaybe who was stripping in Las Anod in 1989 asking his people to murder every SNM supporter as Speaker of the Parliament.Every inch of land was given back to their rightful owners,no more Dulmi,no more Oppressed or the Oppressor.All are equal.Now we truly don't give a rats ass about where people pledge their allegiance to but they should remember that what Siad barre created yesterday in 1986 is dead and buried with him in Nigeria.We forgive but not forgot who owns what and where.Taas yaan la ilaawin.

India   

Well said Gediid.

We all know who owns what in Somaliland and Somalia. The "boob" that took place will not and has not lasted. Every body gets what is thier own. Full Stop.

bari_nomad

bro,there you go again making silly assumptions based on what you read in the newspapers.

first of all the numbers that i used in my former post i copied from the results that the NEC posted on a website. the NEC is an independent institution which had nothing to do with udub or riyaale. i know you are going to dispute this and claim that udub controls the nec but how do you know? have you ever been to somaliland and witnesed udub controlling national institutions?-- i think not. you base those assumptions on what the opposition (kulmiye claims). bro let me tell you something when al gore lost to bush didnt he claim that the republicans rigged the florida elections.? just because al gore claimed that it was rigged does not mean it was rigged.

i never said that riyaale represents his clan but we all know that generally somali clans back the politician who is from their clan or am i mistaken?

i dont know where you get the idea that riyaale opresses anyone but i guess from another newspaper article-- am i right?

the clan of mr riyaale see him as their leader and support him. he has their support and can count on their vote. i dont agree with this my self but they have the right to vote and have the right to vote for anyone and for any reason.

JUXAA   

So, Gediid the reason to breakaway from the rest of Somalia has nothing to do with the massacre and killings commited by Mohamed Siad and his people as has been advertised by your leaders and the most Somalilanders i met with? Alas tell me why do you want to have own country?

And if the reason was as advertised and you can now forgive people from Sool and Sanaag why not forgive and forget about the rest?

And please note that I am not any way condoning what Dictator Siad did, but far from it i shun and shame his regime for the crimes commited against humanity.

Gediid   

Juxaa

My post did not mention reasons about why we decided to secede,it just pointed out a few historical reminders about the issue at hand, Sool and Sanaag.

Baashi   

^^Well! Let's see why Chauvinistic elements in Hargeisa kept claiming Sool, Buuhoodle district, Hawd, and East/South Sanaag is cuz these territories are within the former colonial border. As things stand now, every clan has his own territory except few houses and farms in Sanaag...and insha'allah it will be resolved peacefully. Secessionist camp are in a box...on the one hand they shy away to declare a Tribal Bantustan state - that would be the former british colony without Puntland clans' territories. On the other hand, they hastily declared the whole former colony and now they can't substantiate their claim nor do they have the muscle and the will to fight Puntlanders with land that is not theirs. The statement: 'if Somalia is divisible so is Somaliland' is so true...and there is no way around that. The real battle is fought in the former colony...every letter in search of recognition there is a letter against it...all addressed to the same office.

Residence in these areas are relatives in every sense of the word. It is very disappointing to see nomads dis, belittle, and wish harm their own mothers, uncles, and cousins. Negative tribalism is so intoxicating that folks are reduced to hate their blood relatives just to see their clan emerge glorious. Akhyaareey ha laga waantoobo waxaase waa ayaan darre e.

As to why they want to secede. One reason is the power sharing scheme in any Somalia government based on clan qouta does not favor Hargeisa. The current scheme will give them 22.2% of the parlaimentery seats. Even though their population is 19% ('92 political map of Somalia by US State department), they are very educated, ambitious, have history of their own parallel with that of Puntlanders and they felt dominated by Southerners and puntlanders in particular in all former governments - that is a very legitimate concern but what u do secede?!!

Now! Ethiopia (our enemy), Britain (former colonial power), EU, AU, US, UN, and Muslim world are all committed to respect territorial integrity of Somalia. Somaliland futile quest of secession is even now understood by the elites in the region. The trip of Riyale to Senegal is presented to the public as step closer to recognition. What's not presented to the public is the trip itself had been arranged by Djibout's Guled whose opposition of secession is well known. Guled is the very guy who secured the France's support of Somalia at the UN...in the wake of Arta conference. Egal's cozzy relationship with South Africa has been presented as step toward recognition but the fact is that Mpeki has promised to help Egal in rebuilding effort but he invited personally Qasim (with 2 bloc at his disposal) to the AU conference and recognised as the president of Somalia including Somaliland. Marxuum Egal has unsuccefully lobbied to get 50% of the parliamentary seats (30% for his clan and 20% for Awdal and Puntlanders in SL) before Arta and when he couldn't get his way he boycotted.

The sad thing is folks back home are being lied to, indoctrinated, and instilled a sense of patriotism (SL patriotism that is). If you tell a lie long enough and loud enough people will believe it and that's exactly what had happen.

The real problem is not the SL seceding, the problem is the warlords failure to reconcile and the implicit understanding that their criminal conduct is rewarded with legitimate power in the future government of Somalia. Secessionist are not going anywhere but I guess they have a point if they keep pointing out the warlords who are poised to become the next leaders of Somalia.

baashi,

how do you come to the claim

nor do they have the muscle and the will to fight Puntlanders with land that is not theirs.

you have to be kidding me. somalilanders definetily have a 100% will to fight the puntlanders and have got a 50,000 strong army that could finish the puntland milita (2,000 tops) in a few days. the snm could have raided the whole of puntland in their hayday. may i add that the somaliland army includes a large number of puntland oroginated soldiers (as i am not allowed to use gabiil names i described the way you guys describe them.)

the somaliland army is more powerful then any other somali militia or military for that matter and the whole of somalia would not stand a chance against them. so baashi dont make claims that have no base or reason.

Baashi   

A. T.,

Bro U misunderstood me. I'm sure Somaliland has a militia of their own...well-equiped, well-paid militia. I'm not that arrogant, however, to say this tribe can finish up that tribe. My point is clans that reside Toghdheer and western Sanaag are not in mood to pick a fight with their neighbors as that will translate a civil war in the region. The same is true the other side of the fence. And civil war is not their interest despite what political interest in Garowe/Hargeisa may be.

baashi

i am sure no one wants to start a civil war. however the fact that you are still TRYING to be sarcastic when describing the somaliland ARMY as a militia is sometimes proves that you try to underestimate the might of the somaliland army and they might need to prove otherwise if you continue doing otherwise. they are not a milita but an army that is more powerfull then any militia in the whole of the somali inhabited areas.

one more thing, why do you say one tribe against another?

if you are referring to the somaliland army as a one-tribe army you couldnt be more wrong. the somaliland army consists of alll the tribes that inhabit somaliland teritory. these includes citizens frowm awdal, toghdheer, saaxil, sool, sanaag, hawd. so it includes soldiers that originate from puntland tribes. i think you TRYING to be sarcastic and hiding your real purpose for posting some of your postings is not helping you to get your message across. next time try to be more clear when posting something ;)

Baashi   

A.T,

i think you TRYING to be sarcastic and hiding your real purpose for posting some of your postings is not helping you to get your message across. next time try to be more clear when posting something

Sarcastic...not at all! I'm not so sure if u understood the gist of that post. Why don' u read it again without having the misconception that I'm hiding something or I'm having sinister purpose in posting my pieces.

One more thing! don't u have high expectation of getting others validate ur own delusional, for lack of better word, claims. For instance, Hargeisa can march, with 50k militia, through Puntland territories like a thunder...with the puntlanders as part of Northwest crusaders :D .

Anaa kaa xoog badan iyo anaa kaa xoog badan...lol

I guess something never change....Anyone who thinks the issue of SSH can be settled through the barrel of a gun is sadly misguided. Akhyaarta Nin aysan Xabad karan malaha.....!!!

Baashi......Lets me see this....You call Sland a tribal state and yu want a Puntland State from Buhoodle & east sanaag to Galkayo.....I wonder wat you call such state?....lol....You are honest and right about one thing , who gets SSH is gonna be very influential in any future united somali adminstration.

A.J Tuch....I can't help laugh at irony of the statement you wrote above...You actually believe the somaliland army can go through puntland.....lool...Siyyad Barre must have been thinking the same thing in 88!!!!.....Don't be dellusional bro.

Baashi   

Originally posted by Che-Guevara:

Anaa kaa xoog badan iyo anaa kaa xoog badan...lol

I guess something never change....Anyone who thinks the issue of SSH can be settled through the barrel of a gun is sadly misguided. Akhyaarta Nin aysan Xabad karan malaha.....!!!

Baashi......Lets me see this....You call Sland a tribal state and yu want a Puntland State from Buhoodle & east sanaag to Galkayo.....I wonder wat you call such state?....lol....You are honest and right about one thing , who gets SSH is gonna be very influential in any future united somali adminstration.

A.J Tuch....I can't help laugh at irony of the statement you wrote above...You actually believe the somaliland army can go through puntland.....lool...Siyyad Barre must have been thinking the same thing in 88!!!!.....Don't be dellusional bro.

Che sxb I've never claimed strength in that post...I wonder how u arrived the comparison of 'anaa...iyo anaa' There is only one-sided arrogance in that exchange...read it again plz.

Puntland is another tribal state! No one claimed otherwise...and nothing to laugh about there. It is based on clan kinship whose interest lay in forming state of their own until inclusive government emerges.

mafhuum! smile.gif