Sign in to follow this  
Baashi

Another day another principle politicking of UIC

Baashi   

Almost all good-willed Somalis cheered for the UIC’s ascendancy to prominence in Benadir region and the nearby provinces of the north of Mogadishu. Having watched the carcasses of Maandeeq fought over by alternating vultures supported and defended by their clan folk for so long, the emergency of principled group of men doing the difficult work of uprooting powerful and resourceful gangs whom they shared clan affiliation seemed surreal.

Some of us dismissed them as half-religious half-clannish beast who were willing to coexist with pure evil until forced to defend themselves. They were just struggling for their survival, some said. Because of relentless onslaught of well-financed and well supported opportunistic snitches, they had to defend their turf! That is only half of the story, however.

True. Paid snitches had to perform and they were on the offensive. Two of the localized courts were the target and indeed they defended themselves alright! But they also managed to overcome the limitations imposed by the clan sensibilities that were so pervasive in this corner of the Somalia that once was.

For the anarchy-ridden, wayward, and impoverished Mogadishu, anyone that quiets the unceasing and ever present sound of blazing guns and/or removes the impassable isbaaro is a hero. Indeed they are heroes who found unity in Islam. They’ve won the battle and for the first time the capital came under a group of localized clan-based Islamic militia. That did it for most of us. We jumped on the bandwagon.

The cautious optimists among us welcomed this new development in Benadir region but warned that the Ethiopian factor will come into play and the UIC has to learn how to navigate on the shark invested waters very carefully. The young and impressionable, on the other hand, labeled all Somalis who don’t submit to the authority of UIC as traitors. To this group, simply put, there is no room for constructive criticism.

As much as some of us support UIC’s end game, we find their current tactical moves unsettling. The inclusion of Indhacade in the ranks of UIC and the refusal to negotiate with its rival is deeply troubling. We, those of us who consider the UIC as an agent for change (change for the better that is) feel betrayed by this move. I for one don’t think the idea of adopting a known looter, a warlord, who pillaged (I should know) almost every little village in the rich farmlands of Lower Shabelle a one consistent with the principles I share with UIC.

As mere mortals operating under constraints of local forces and bound by the limitations of anarchic and war-hardened polity whose loyalty is to serve their clan’s interest, they are susceptible to the prevailing practices in the area. With Ethiopians helping and rearming their enemies, any willing and capable group who lends a hand in this critical time is irresistible. That’s reasonable justification. I buy that!

I also buy the argument that to correct all wrongs to everyone’s satisfaction if possible at all will take time. True that too. To ignore the plight of folks in Qoryooleey (the Jiido and Garre’s of Somalia – along the Benadirs and Berawaanis they are the true victims of Somali civil war) however and instead undertake unwise and ill conceived military adventures in a far away lands under the pretext of “locals have invited us†is completely insane.

Because of this stup*d blunder, Ethiopia has taken advantage of nervous and docile Puntalnd leader. She gained a foothold in the region in two strategic bases and the locals didn’t lift of a finger because they are suspicious of UIC’s confusing and illogical moves. Today UIC has achieved nothing, Puntland and Western Galgaduud has fallen into a trap, and its critics have credible ammunition to discredit UIC!!!!!

Still UIC's end game is a cause worthy of our support. It's position to end the conflict in the South and its influence over the only remaining warlords in the South is too important to be overshadowed by its tactical errors.

To be continued…

Johnny B   

* Can't wait the continuation , and hopefully or rather preferably a cocnlusion that explains why a Banadir boy of my age or a Borama girl who fears nothing but sleeps on a billow of dread would rather support Col Yey ( an otherwise " Go AWAY" figure ) and the frail TFG at this juncture, granted that you having the best for Somalia at heart is unquestionable.

Go my graad Go !!

only in the crazy world of somalis, where a government is most needed, would you be questioned for supporting your government.

Weak or not (It has realy become trite to keep on repeating this slogan), only anarchist and dowladiids would suggest people not support their government. Might i ask you the same question of who you support. After more then a decade of statlessness, one thing all Somalis had in common was the need to rebuild our state and government. However, I am starting to see some Southerners and even somalilanders (last thing I thought would happen) start to cheerlead for thugs and few wadaads whose goal of spreading the instability of the south to the north just become clear, atleat to most because some f us already knew their intentions. What gives? Why do you support these UIC. Please don't say the took xamar from warlords because everyone supported them for that.

Baashi,

and ill conceived military adventures in a far away lands under the pretext of “locals have invited us†is completely insane.

Gaalkacyo Waxaan u maleyn jiray in C.M. ay la leeyihiin dad kale (Dacas). War baashiyow sidee wax u wadaa ninyahow. :D

Ma waxaa wali noqotay in Reer S ay u yeeran karaan walaalahood oo diinta ku xukumi doona?

Duufaan   

"Gaalkacyo Waxaan u maleyn jiray in C.M. ay la leeyihiin dad kale (Dacas). War baashiyow sidee wax u wadaa ninyahow.

Ma waxaa wali noqotay in Reer S ay u yeeran karaan walaalahood oo diinta ku xukumi doona? "

Wadaad baan kuu malaynayey! Qaranimo iyo dowlad baa laga hadlayey iyo maxaa wadanka ufiican. isbarbardhiga ICU IYO TNG. hadii afgooye iyo marka aad ogoshahay in xoog lagu haysto, maxaad kudiidey inay qolokale Gaalkacayo xoog kujoogto. ama xoog xoog ama cadaalad, maxaa kadhexeeya.

^^Saaxiib kuma fahmin. Haddaad ka wado arinta Gaalkacyo Xoog ayaan ku qabsaneynaa koonfurteeda, bal hala arko meesheey idinla gaarto. Maxaakimta cid ay xoog ku heystaan ma jirto, waana wadi doonaan howshooda inta soomaaliya ka jirto cadaalad la'aan.

Shabeelada Hoose dadka joogo wax dhib ah ma sheegan, kaliyah waxaa arintaas buunbuuniya dadka ay xaasidnimada hoos u dhigtay. Ilaahey wuxuu la jiraa xaqa, xaqana cid is hortaagi karto ma jirto, macaa itoobiya macaa ameeriko hadeey isku tagaan waxay ka qaadi karaan ma jirto.

Ilaahey yaboohiisa waa yimid, ku farax ama ka nax!

Baashi   

Ayoubi,

UIC have taken some corrective actions on the Lower Shabelle. Still there is room for improvement!

On Lower Juba, Barre has left voluntarily, his senior colleagues have passed the control of the port city to Turki, a true son of the city and true practicing Muslim as well. Down under, it is all good buddy.

The era of "Rob Peter to pay Paul" is over. Courts' fight to uproot the blood suckers of JVA alliances is a move that I and others, who hail from that city, welcomed.

Kismayo is a blessed city. Its true residents are civilized merchants. They would welcome justice even if the courts forces are frrom H clans. Business at the end of day needs stability and order regardless who brings. Justice that came in the form of H dominated Islamists from Mogadishu was long overdue.

Granted that courts are a mile away from perfection. Their mistakes and their tactical moves are many and if I were to list them, items in the list will fill a page or two. Yet the good they brought to residents of Mogadishu and Kismayo outweight their pitfalls. Hopefully Barawe, Qoryoleey, Marka, and Afgooye will benefit from their rule once they put to bed their internal deamons Insha'Allah.

Awoowe Barre's calculated and wise exit from that city is something aan annigu kolay ku diirsaday. My tribe in general and my clan in particular and its elders seem to be losing their sanity. Very sad to report but the intrigue and poltical calculation of Cadde and Inna Yussuf is no more. Greed and obssessive and irrational fixation of winning the power through proxy nations is all that left in their game.

Originally posted by Baashi:

My tribe in general and my clan in particular and its elders seem to be losing their sanity. Very sad to report but the intrigue and poltical calculation of Cadde and Inna Yussuf is no more. Greed and obssessive and irrational fixation of winning the power through proxy nations is all that left in their game. [/QB]

Tanug You Baashi.Finally a sane Plander that realises the course the leadership has taken is one that leads to certain oblivion. We have been outsmarted, outgunned, and almost reduced to the status of bystander. We need to get rid of ourselves the corrupt warmongers. This is price one pays for choosing career killers over educated men.