Sign in to follow this  
Viking

RECORD HOLDERS TO MEET IN ISTANBUL

Viking   

Something to make Liverpool and Milan fans happy...NEVER have two sides with so much success in the Champions League met in a final before. This should make the Gunners, the Man U fans and the Chelsea fans a bit envious, lol...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Champions League final on May 25 in Istanbul will enter the history books as it brings together two sides that have won a record combined ten trophies in Europe’s premier competition, the Champions Cup and Champions League as it is known now. Milan have won six cups: at Wembley in 1963 against Benfica, in 1969 in Madrid against Ajax, in 1989 in Barcelona against Steaua, in 1990 in Vienna against Benfica, in 1994 in Athens against Barcelona and in 2003 in Manchester against Juventus. Liverpool, for their part, have won the trophy on four occasions: in 1997 in Rome against Borussia Monchengladbach, in 1978 at Wembley against Brugge, in Paris in 1981 against Real Madrid, in 1984 in Rome against the home-town side. Overall, the Rossoneri have played in nine finals since 1958 and as two years ago, will play in all white while the English side will be in all red for what promises to be a wonderful evening in the Ataturk Olympic Stadium.

RECORD HOLDERS TO MEET IN ISTANBUL

10/5/2005 11:40:00 AM

THE FINALS BETWEEN SIDES WITH THE MOST CHAMPIONS CUP AND CHAMPIONS LEAGUE VICTORIES

1) Final Milan-Liverpool ten cups (6 Milan + 4 Liverpool)

2) Final Liverpool-Real Madrid eight cups (2 Liverpool + 6 Real Madrid, May 27, 1981 Paris, final-score: 1-0 to Liverpool)

3) Final Real Madrid-Juventus eight cups (6 Real Madrid + 2 Juventus, May 20, 1998 Amsterdam: 1-0 to Real)

4) Final Ajax-Milan seven cups (3 Ajax + 4 Milan, May 24, 1995 Vienna: 1-0 to Ajax)

5) Final Real Madrid-Valencia seven cups (7 Real + 0 Valencia, May 24, 2000 Paris, 3-0 to Real)

6) Final Real Madrid-B.Leverkusen seven cups (7 Real + 0 Lev, May 15, 2002 Glasgow, 2-1 to Real)

7) Final Milan-Juventus seven cups (5 Milan + 2 Juventus, May 18, 2003 Manchester: Milan on penalties)

8) Final Benfica-Real Madrid six cups (5 Real + 1 Benfica, May 2, 1962 Amsterdam, 5-3 to Benfica)

source: www.acmilan.com

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

mojam   

Wow, ten cups between them. I am getting the feeling this is going to be the best CL final ever. Will it Milan for their 3rd CL title within ten years or will it be Liverpool after 24 years since they last lifted this cup.

Here's the winners list:

Real Madrid (9 titles)

Milan (6 titles)

Liverpool, Bayern Munchen, Ajax (4 titles)

Juventus, Inter, Nottingham Forest, Man U, Benfica, Porto (2 titles)

Barcelona, Aston Villa, Borussia Dortmund, Hamburg, Feyenoord, PSV Eindhoven, Celtic, Olympique Marseille, Steaua Bucarest, Crvena Zvezda (1 title)

SoMa_InC   

^^^^^^^^^

lol...joker...So you think you lot will win the Champions League? Start thinking about how to win it rather than talking about defending it.

Damn I wonder why I hate Liverpool this days..They are really overrated and are very lucky to be in the finals.

N.O.R.F   

:D:D @NG, warya that aint funny ^^Soma, the whole country was behind Liverpool mate, an Italian style education in football was dished out to Mourinho and his blues.

It will be a great match and i'm looking forward to it very much (as you would expect). In 2 weeks time i will either be sobbing my eyes out or jumping with joy. i hope its the latter

N.O.R.F   

Liverpool to wear red in Istanbul

Liverpool will wear their traditional red home kit for the Champions League final against AC Milan on 25 May.

Milan were due to wear their usual red and black stripes after being drawn as the 'home' team.

But the two clubs have agreed that the Italians will play in white - which they wore while beating Juventus to claim the Champions League in 2003.

Liverpool's four previous European Cup victories have come while wearing red against teams playing in white.

nuune   

Soma, sxb just say Liverpool got the best players instead of luck!

u know luck didn't work for u in that Liv vs chel smile.gif

Now every team in the premiership backs Liverpool to win the trophy,

they have no CHOICE :eek:

Viking   

LOOL NGONGE! You got some people's hopes up.

Originally posted by Northerner:

But the two clubs have agreed that the Italians will play in white - which they wore while beating Juventus to claim the Champions League in 2003.

Liverpool's four previous European Cup victories have come while wearing red against teams playing in white.

Northerner,

Milan played FIVE finals in the all-white and won FOUR of them, the last one was the game against Juve at Old Trafford (the most boring final EVER).

Milan have won FOUR cups in all-white.

Liverpool have won FOUR cups in all-red.

BOB   

Viking,

Uefa said Milan would play in their away kit which is white while Liverpool will wear the red.

Italians are usually superstitious people and I am sure when they hear Liverpool never lost to an opposition playing in white while they wore their traditional red they will go "Oh Mama Mia" what's going on :D ?

personally speaking I believe Liverpool will win it, now don't ask me how and why it is just my gut feeling so let's wait and see on 26th Insha Allah but good luck to you nevertheless.

Peace,Love & Unity.

mojam   

Bob,

i'm a believer as well. I think Liverpool will beat Milan. The secret is out now. PSV has shown how it is done. Just a simple fast-paced English game will do. Just be care-full on the counter.