Sign in to follow this  
Jumatatu

Vote Of No confidence.....!

BN   

Originally posted by AYOUB_SHEIKH:

quote:Originally posted by Bari_Nomad:

[qb] ^^
Enjoy it while it lasts, mate. We'll be on our feet in no time yet.
:D

I know you believe in the healing qualities of oily fish but laughter is the best medicine.
:DI'll let that slide... :D

If Lassie has already said he doesn't think the USC members were suitable for the post of PM and his choice came from outside the 275 MP's, what make them suitable for the other cabinet posts?

In my view, the goal is not to form a perfect and highly efficient executive but rather to have it be inclusive of those that would otherwise be a hindrance. The most important aspect is that it be effect inside Somalia, and in the capital in particular.

Originally posted by Sophist:

Ali Jangali hails from the famously well illuminated House of Jangali, Buhotle. The man you speak of is his father, the career Diplomat and the former Foreign Secretary in the Somali Republic.

Didn't this gentleman build Xadhadhan school in 1964?

OG_Girl   

Horn, I did not like the name of our part. We need fancy International name :D

I will let you choose another name BUT , I nominate my self for position "leader of the opposition part" :D

Salam

Gabbal   

See here Og, the only head of this opposition group is going to be I, HornAfrique, and no one else :cool: ;) If you insist on claiming the the head position of Rebel-in-command, then you are calling for the breakup of our group. Be ware, I have warned you :D

Why don't you come up with our name since BQS wasn't an instant hit.

Sirrus   

Wow, I disappeared for a while, and what we have here a formation of a cabinet. HornAfricque don’t forget me, I wish to drop my name for post of minister of the Somali Federal Bureau of Investigation. No previous experience in police enforcement, but I am sure we can find the old “Somali patriotic Act†manual somewhere.

Joking aside, is it just me or do you think Abdullahi did not even read the constitution that he so decided to run for, as president. If he did he would notice that it assigns the position as “ceremonial†now we all know this man is far from ceremonial.

I agree with Zailici it’s a matter of time before he dispenses with the formality aka assembly aka parliament. As for Ethiopia, I am sure they are upset, but then again what do you expect from a hastily formed assembly, it took what one month to form. Not enough time for Adis Ababa to interview and screen.

Sophist is good to see ya ol boy, know you still lurking in them’necka th’ wood, I reckend a young blue-blood mermaid shore your vision and folded yo’r flame. But by golly you still yapping lika irish chap staggering home after a long night.

Sophist   

Sirrus, good to see you back old chap, you were in London and haven’t gave me a ding! What a indictable offence that is and about the Irish thing, aren't we once called the Irish of Africa—because of our tenacity and love for freedom; or was it that we were difficult to be ruled by a foreigner?

On the serious note, the constitution states that the president isn’t ceremonial. His powers are far greater than that of President of Iraq. What we have opted for is the French model it seems.

Check this website for the Federal Charter:

http://www.somali-civilsociety.org/downloads/Charter%20-%20draft%205.pdf

Look at Article 45, the functions of the president.

Originally posted by Sophist:

On the serious note, the constitution states that the president isn’t ceremonial. His powers are far greater than that of President of Iraq. What we have opted for is the French model it seems.

Check this website for the Federal Charter:

205.pdf

Look at Article 45, the functions of the president. [/QB]

This govt is too busy doing the paperwork for the future payments to worry about governing systems. Trust me.....all this politicians want to do is live large french style or something of that extravagant nature. It is possible to call the shots in xchange for the green stuff.

SOO MAAL   

It is impossible to all 275 members of parliament ministers!

I would advise Somali members of parliament to put national interests before their personal interests.