Sign in to follow this  
Jumatatu

Vote Of No confidence.....!

Nationalist, brother I agree with your sentiment time is valuable. As for the MP's they where treated shabily by both the President and Geedi. I think that one has to understand the limits of power. This entity that we support has three levels of power the highest is the Parliment, without the Parliment there would be no President.

I think Geedi proved to be unpopular, and unwise and it was him and the Presidnet who wasted time by not getting the aproval of the Parliment before he went about wasting a month naming a cabinet no one belived in not even his fellow MP's.

Jumatatu   

Originally posted by Nationalist:

but I assure you Abdullahi Yusuf will come to Mogadishu eventually. With or without Gedi.

... :D and I will welcome him with open hands..... :D

Juma, the 4.5 should be used temporarily to make all the major clans have a stake in government. The problem of the clan mentality is so deep that if one proposes to scrap it will be seen as a move to marganilise some poor clan or the other.

As for the PM coming from outside the Parliment it makes no real difference, for Geedi was out and he turned out to be a shadow, what is needed is the Parliment should pressure the President to chose a PM who they think is fit to run the country. He should then chose like you said 16-20 Ministers and deputies to run the important departments in government.

I think everyone who wants to be in government should first be an MP, maybe cause I live in the UK..

Smith, I'm so angry at everybody right now. My anger at the parliament has shifted to the president and the former prime minister. All these airheads need to start treating each other with repsect and also stop making a big deal out of everything.

This is not the time to act proud. I believe a lot of people would disagree that Abdullahi Yusuf disrespected the parliament. Not for his known manner anyway.

Yet the former prime minister even disrespected our journalists, let alone the MPs.

Like always Somalis are wasting valuable time. If you have a sense of dignity, don't blame the Ethiopians of masterminding anyhting. They surely don't deserve that much credit as they are not that powerful at all. It's the Somalis themselves whom are ruining it for themselves.

Prime minister my foot! Somalia needs a presidential democracy like Pland, not an exhausting parliamentarian democracy inherited from the colonials. Let the old man do his job for goodness sake. Look at Pland now. He ruled with military style discipline and therefore Pland got it's reputation as a superpower among the current Somali fiefdoms.

Nationalist, well said bro... its not the end of the world though things will have to work its in the interest of the Parliment to work . I think everythink is OK we see if the President picks Geedi gain?

Jumatatu   

Prime minister my foot! Somalia needs a presidential democracy like Pland, not an exhausting parliamentarian democracy inherited from the colonials. Let the old man do his job for goodness sake. Look at Pland now. He ruled with military style discipline and therefore Pland got it's reputation as a superpower among the current Somali fiefdoms.

^^^^eh..eh..eh... :D:D:D ^

And you accepted you live in a cuckoo's land...eh..eh..!

LANDER   

Can anybody explain the 4 and a half formula to me? I am aware it's the tribal power-sharing scheme in Somalia but that is as much as I know. (Without using outright tribal names off course, wouldn't want y'all to deal with the mods :D ) Can someone explain what constitutes the 4 and what or who is the half? How does it translate into a futur parliament?

thanks in advance

presidential democracy like Pland,

:D since when?

Jumatatu   

The 4.5 formula was first introduced un Arta and accepted as a basis of division in mbagathi, it sharing of the Parliament power in Somali tribal division. The 4 stands for the four major ones and the .5 which half of a unit represents the minorities clans who are termed as others. I would have really loved to give you their names but then I will be summoned to the office of the 'baby-face' admin so I dare not mention.

To give you a clear picture is how the clan is divided in the 'Gurtida' but only in a higher proportions.

Blessed   

I've actually given up on Somali politics, but this is an interesting development...we'll see how it goes.

Anyway, following on from your 4.5 explanation, how do they pupose putting it into practice at grassroots level, for example, if the people of 1 of the clan’s aren’t in agreement with their selected leaders – how will the government establish its rule over them?

Originally posted by Jumatatu:

Yep sxb that is a good idea, lets start by suggesting Ngonge as a prime-minister. In that way we will be sure Bari-Nomad and Bashi will be excluded from the cabinet and our dear OG-girl will be given a Minister without a protofolio. While the likes of Raula, Ameenah, Northern will be given high portoflios......
:D

Under the the rule of the Qurbaawi kids, Somalia would be in very good hands. :D Clever, choice Mr Monday icon_razz.gif

Blessed   

^^Me no sujui, I belong to the 'caseeri' sub-tribe :D But don't worry, I get the hint. ;) We have room for one more of our Qurbawi-Kenyaati cousins, sound fair to you?

*Long live the Qurbawis. :cool:

Jumatatu   

I urge you all to please listen to the BBC radio evening news there is a debate among four parliamentarians debating about the motion that voted down the government. And please tell me what is the diference between them and kinder-garden children, ofcourse after you listen to it. :D

Gabbal   

This is great news, warlords given the power to control other warlords :D What a twist of good fate, plus showing some muscle to Ethiopia....I like it :cool:

I, HornAfrique, nominate myself for the positon of Minister of Foreign Affairs in the Smith/Jumatatu government. :D

I will send my CV to Juma and Smith and apply for minister of tourism. Than I'm sure I will have the job I'm tirelessly looking for. Sit around and do nothing.

OG_Girl   

Originally posted by:Jumatatu

......and our dear OG-girl will be given a Minister without a protofolio.....

Naah my dear, I want Minister of Islam affairs and justice, like my old man ... is family business dee ;):D

Salam