Sign in to follow this  
B_A_L_L_E_R_Z

SOMALILAND SHOULD BAN THE SOMALI PASSAPORT

May 15, 2004 - 23:22

Somaliland Should Ban the Somalia Passport

http://www.awdalnews.com/wmview.php?ArtID=2833

As a Somaliland citizen I am very supportive of the protective measures that the Kenyan and UAE governments have taken by banning the Somalia passports. A passport is supposed to be printed by a government, as we all know Somalia has no government, Somalia is a failed state, therefore the passport of Somalia means nothing, it is simply a piece of paper that anyone can buy on the streets of Mogadishu for ten dollars, infact one could buy two hundred passports if one wished, Kenya and the United Arab Emirates have realized this fact and rightfully banned the passport of Somalia. Does this mean that they ahte people from Somalia, no it does not, it only means that there is no government in Somalia which prints passports, hence anyone claiming to have a passport from Somaliain reality has nothing but a worthless document.

The Somaliland government should follow in the footsteps of Kenya and UAE on this issue and bann the passport of Somalia. Nobody should be allowed to enter Somaliland using a passport from Somalia, instead Somaliland should open an embassy in Mogadishu where special visas could be issued for Somalia citizens wishing to travel to Somaliland. This Somaliland embassy in Mogadishu could screen the people on its premisis in Mogadishu before allowing entrance to Somaliland.

Somaliland must take strong measures to protect itself from the violence and terrorism that has taken root in the neighboring country of Somalia. Somalia is the center of terrorism in Africa. There are over 20 known terrorists operating in Somalia, these terrorists are terrorizing the innocent masses of Somalia by occupying their farms, raping the women, poisoning the coastline of Somalia, printing fake money, murder, assasinations, burning villages and many more cruel terrorist acts, one of the most well known terrorists operating on the soil of Somalia is Abdullahi Yusuf of the *********ia region. This particular terrrorist was behind the assasination attempt at Somaliland's president, he has also allowed the dumping of nuclear material off the coastline of Somalia, indeed this terrorist has sold his soul to the devil himself, all in the hope of becoming the president of Somalia. This terrorist and others like him should be dealt with by the international communtiy and the banning of Somalias passport is one way of doing just that, this is a signal to the warlord/terrorists of Somalia that their time is up

Kenya and the United Arab Emirates did the right thing by banning the Somalia passport, Somaliland's government must also do the right thing and bann the passport of Somalia. Unlike the passport of Somalia the passport of Somaliland is printed by a government elected by the people for the people, this is why one can travel anywhere with the Somaliland passport!

Xirsi Jamac

NGONGE   

Is the Somaliland passport recognised by anyone? If it is, then great! But, if it were not, wouldn’t your suggestion create problems for the Somalilanders who have and use the Somali passport? In addition, how would Somaliland be able to open up a screening office in Mogadishu when you’re saying most “terrorists” come from there? Would they be allowed to do so?

I somehow fail to see how this is going to be of any benefit to Somaliland! :confused:

Liqaye   

1. In place of the somali passport that was in use by the bussiness elite of somaliland as well as somalia what will somalilander's use?

2. You must be a recognized state to set up a screening office that "somaliland" does not have the resources or expertise to set.

3. When will the next nugget of wisdom be dropped by awdal news?

sadeboi   

The Somaliland government should follow in the footsteps of Kenya and UAE on this issue and bann the passport of Somalia. Nobody should be allowed to enter Somaliland using a passport from Somalia, instead Somaliland should open an embassy in Mogadishu where special visas could be issued for Somalia citizens wishing to travel to Somaliland.

Im not the person who is pleased to crush a little boi's dream but ina adeer Somali-land isn't a reconized government you guy's are still part of Somalia to the rest of the world.I mean i truely hope for you guys to be a state if that is what you please. I wanna ask you what your first language would be ???

Somali (waqoyi style)

Under ethnicity what would the peole of Somali-land be??

Somali/ the clans of .......

and if i was to became a citizen in "Somli-land" could i became a citizen or do i have to be in one of the clans of Somali-land???

and why are you posting one side of the news in awdel.com

The Somaliland government should follow in the footsteps of Kenya and UAE on this issue and bann the passport of Somalia. Nobody should be allowed to enter Somaliland using a passport from Somalia, instead Somaliland should open an embassy in Mogadishu where special visas could be issued for Somalia citizens wishing to travel to Somaliland. This Somaliland embassy in Mogadishu could screen the people on its premisis in Mogadishu before allowing entrance to Somaliland.

lol. With little imagination they can do it.

Crap.......Who gave this nut an access to mass media.

Not bright Fella, Just another reactionary Faarax.

He wants to open an embassy in areas where "the terrorists" rule......LoL

Whats his next bright idea....Screening centers for nomadic camel herders coming from SomaliGalbeed n Somalia.

I mean come on, we know the Somali passport is worthless....Thats not todays news. The every Somali knows this fact. I guess the recent events prompted Mr Hirsi Jaamac to write this qabiil diatribe, a lame attempt at sincere discusions.Plz save us trouble. If you want ina yusuf, You know where he is. Wishing him dead or begging the international community won't make him disappear.

Just one more thing....Sland is of no use either.

Somalis are only good at atogazoning each other.

Wixii nuulba waa iska hadlaan

so keep on ranting.

N damn it these webiste, awdelnews, allpuntland, gedonet, etc should be improve their standards when it comes to publishing "articles" or be shut down......Too many qabiil mouth sites.

Crap.......Who gave this nut an access to mass media.

Not bright Fella, Just another reactionary Faarax.

He wants to open an embassy in areas where "the terrorists" rule......LoL

Whats his next bright idea....Screening centers for nomadic camel herders coming from SomaliGalbeed n Somalia.

I mean come on, we know the Somali passport is worthless....Thats not todays news. The every Somali knows this fact. I guess the recent events prompted Mr Hirsi Jaamac to write this qabiil diatribe, a lame attempt at sincere discusions.Plz save us trouble. If you want ina yusuf, You know where he is. Wishing him dead or begging the international community won't make him disappear.

Just one more thing....Sland is of no use either.

Somalis are only good at atogazoning each other.

so keep on ranting.

N damn it these webiste, awdelnews, allpuntland, gedonet, etc should be improve their standards when it comes to publishing "articles" or be shut down......Too many qabiil mouth sites.

One should seek to unite the people and not create further obsticles, we are one nation and we are all suffering, there is a drought in the North East/ North West there are killings in Mogadishu and central regions and we are discussing passports?

Lets set our prioraties people, our people our vulnerable people, our land our neglected land and our name our dirty name should be the priority and not that inflated ego of ours.

NGONGE   

They are allowed to express their opinion no matter how wrong it is, saaxib.