Sign in to follow this  
Modesty

Masjid Al-Aqsa: will never parish

Modesty   

Last night I was watching this program about how the Yuhudis want to destroy masjid Al-aqsa, all we can do is pray, and make dua to Allah to protect Al-aqsa masjid.

By:Idris

In The Name of Allah, the Most Beneficient, the Most Merciful

Glorified be He Who took His servant (Muhammad) for a journey by night

from Al-Masjid Al Haram (at Mecca) to the Al-Aqsa Mosque (in

Jerusalem), the neighborhood whereof We have blessed, in order that We

might show him some of Our signs. Verily, He is the All-Hearer, the

All-Seer. The Qur'an 17:1.

With these eternal verses, Allah (God), stated in the heart of

the Muslim scripture, the Qur'an, the never diminishing significance

of Al-Aqsa Mosque in Jerusalem to Islam and Muslims. Al-Aqsa, right in

the heart of the Muslim world, is to where our prophet Muhammad (peace

and blessings be unto him) journeyed at night in a miraculous manner

from the city of Mecca, where his call to Islam (submission to God)

was still in its earliest stages. At Al-Aqsa Mosque, he led all of the

prophets of Allah that came before him in prayer and then ascended to

heaven to receive Allah's command to the Muslims to pray five times a

day.

Eversince, Al-Aqsa Mosque and the city of Jerusalem have been very

special to Muslims all over the world. They pray for it and long to

pray in it. And today, with Al-Aqsa being under the Israeli occupation

for thirty years, all Muslims pray for its liberation and for the

freedom of their Palestinian brothers, who have become the soldiers at

the front line of the battle to redeem Al-Aqsa.

Occupation, burning, successive agression, closure and martyr after

martyr have become Al-Aqsa'a story in the last thirty years. Al-Aqsa

is really a deep wound right in the heart of the Muslim world. In

today's unfair reality and materialistic world, Al-Aqsa has become a

symbol of the undesired existence of the trouble-making Palestinians,

Arabs and Muslims (so they say!).

No wonder then, that when the dream of a historical parasite of

opening a tunnel to undermine the foundation of Al-Aqsa Mosque finds

its way to reality, Palestinians of all ages and all beliefs spring to

the rescue. They are Muslim Palestinians defending their very basic

right of existence. Some are Christian Palestinians, also, fighting

for the Muslim shrine. Al-Aqsa is more than a building with historical

and religious significance, it is an idea, a creed even, that we all

have to stand up for what is right and true.

Muslims love Al-Aqsa, pray for it, fight for it and die for it

because, as they see it, they are fighting for the promise of a new

and higher reality. A reality of peace, justice and mutual

respect. This promised reality is not an imaginary one. It did exist

when the Muslims liberated Al-Aqsa from the European Crusaders,

allowing them to evacuate Jerusalem peacefully with their belongings

and families. This was the Muslims' response to the brutality of the

Crusaders when they massacred the Arab inhabitants of Jerusalem,

Muslims and Christians alike.

It is in this spirit of a higher reality, that we can understand why

Palestinian soldiers were carrying a wounded Israeli soldier, and were

trying to get him to the closest medical team. This was their response

to the brutality of the Israeli military machine, which did not

hesitate to deploy helicopters against unarmed civilians, trying to

kill them and to kill their dream, of freeing Al-Aqsa Mosque.

We will continue to believe in Islam's message and its symbol,

Al-Aqsa. We can see our promised reality of peace and justice to all,

in the eyes of the innocent Palestinian children, as they die for

Al-Aqsa Mosque.

Idris El Bakri

Jerusalem, Palestine

Muslim Student Association

Brigham Young University

Jazakallahu khairan Modesty,

There is indeed so much media propaganda surrounding the Haram al-Sharif---the sanctuary upon which the al-Aqsa mosque and Dome of the Rock (al-Sakhrah mosque) are found---that it is really beginning to affect Muslims themselves, subhanallah!

I recently saw a photo of a Palestinian boy at a protest in the Occupied Territories, wrapped in a keffiyeh and holding a picture of the Dome of the Rock---and I had to pause. The Dome of the Rock is often mistaken as the al-Aqsa mosque, indeed the 3rd holiest site in Islam.

I know it has confused me in the past as well, but inshallah this picture will clear the misunderstanding to others on this forum smile.gif

alaqsa_dome_diff.gif

Modesty   

Wow..La fidele thanks alot for clearing that up! I swear I always thought that masjid al-aqsa was the one with the gold dome. I remember briefly skimming an article called "will the real masjid al-aqsa please stand up". It's just that in the news whenever they talk about masjid Al-Aqsa they only show the gold domed masjid.

It was my pleasure, Modesty. But on a more serious note, perhaps you posted this topic on a quite inopportune time. Please read below, and I urge all other readers to seriously consider what is happening with the Haram al-Sharif. How many more warning calls do we Muslims need before we finally snap out of our pacifism? Allahu allum.

-------------------------------------------------

Jerusalem's Haram Al Sharif Wall Collapses

Last Saturday night, the collapse of an 800-year-old wall in Jerusalem's Haram al Sharif sent people running from tumbling rocks. Less than a year ago, the wall of the Museum of Islam also collapsed. The head of the Islamic Endowment (Waqf), Adnan al-Husseini, said the collapse was the result of "Israeli intervention in our work and preventing us from maintaining it." The Wall of the Islamic museum fell after the Waqf repeatedly warned Israel that the wall urgently needed maintenance to prevent its deterioration. Israel prohibited the Waqf from repairing the wall – and it crumbled.

Weakening the Foundations of Haram Al Sharif

For years, Jerusalem experts have warned that Israel's excavations under and around the magnificent structure of the 1300 year-old Al Aqsa Mosque are seriously weakening its foundations. Israel then prevents the Waqf from maintaining and repairing the structures. Archaeologists and Jerusalem experts have warned that any natural disaster, such as a mild earthquake, could cause Al Aqsa to crumble. Within the last week, Jerusalem has seen both an earthquake and heavy snowfall. And part of a Wall did come tumbling down. Al Aqsa Mosque survived, but one wonders for how long?

Israel's far-reaching excavations in the Haram al Sharif began in 1967, immediately after it occupied East Jerusalem. For decades, Israelis have been digging in the four corners of, and directly underneath, Al Aqsa Mosque. Some of the digging was so deep that the south wall of al Aqsa began to crack and its foundations have been significantly compromised.

Rather than using a bulldozer to demolish Al Aqsa and incurring the wrath of the Muslim world and the international community, Israel is trying to destroy Al Aqsa indirectly. It has deliberately undermined the very foundations of Al Aqsa mosque, and continues to allow dozens of fundamentalist groups who call explicitly for the destruction of Al Aqsa Mosque to flourish.

In Israel, Working for Destruction of Al Aqsa is Legal

Israeli organizations dedicated to the destruction of Al Aqsa Mosque, with multi-million dollar budgets as a result of fundraising in the U.S. and around the world, are legal in Israel. Their extremist agenda is deadly.

There have been hundreds of attempts to destroy the holy site by Zionist fundamentalists. Israel's treatment of the fanatics speaks volumes about its intentions. Israel repeatedly releases those found guilty of attempts to destroy the holy site. In 1969, an Australian Zionist set fire to Al Aqsa Mosque. He received psychological counseling and was set free. It took over two decades to repair the damage and restore the mosque. Other Israeli extremists dedicated to the destruction of Al Aqsa, even when caught with arms and explosives on the site, have been routinely released by Israel. They are still trying to destroy Al Aqsa, openly mobilizing fanatics on their websites and in demonstrations in Jerusalem.

Israel Snubs UN Calls for Respect of Muslim Holy Sites

UNESCO, the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization, was so concerned about Israel's illegal excavations of Muslim holy sites in Jerusalem that it passed a resolution "considering the Old City of Jerusalem a part of the Endangered International Heritage."

After years of calling on Israel to stop excavating in East Jerusalem and repeatedly being snubbed, UNESCO then called on member states to cooperate closely to safeguard the Muslim and Christian monuments in Jerusalem. (Nov. 13, 1993, Res. 27C/3.8)

URGENT ACTIONS REQUESTED:

We need to act now to make sure that Al Aqsa Mosque, the oldest surviving Islamic structure in the world today, does not come tumbling down. So far Al Aqsa Mosque has survived, but Israel's deliberate undermining of this religious structure may doom it to destruction! If Israel continues to undermine the 1300 year-old mosque's foundations, it could be too late to act! Action alert start date was February 19, 2004. End date is February 25, 2004.

1) Contact UNESCO and the State Department immediately and demand that Israel immediately stop digging under and around the foundations of Islam's holy sites in Jerusalem, provide unfettered access by international experts to assess the extent of damages to Al Aqsa, and ensure the protection of all holy sites in occupied Jerusalem.

Contact information:

UNESCO:

New York office at:

Tel: (212) 963-5995

Fax: (212) 963-8014

or write to UNESCO's Paris headquarters at:

7, place de Fontenoy

75352 Paris 07 SP

France

Secretary of State Powell

Department of State

2201 C Street NW

Washington, DC 20520

Phone: (202) 647-6575

Fax: (202) 647-6040

TALKING POINTS:

1) Israeli excavations in the Haram al Sharif are seriously undermining the foundations of religious and historical Islamic structures in the Old City of Jerusalem

2) International organizations, particularly UNESCO, must immediately demand that Israel stop digging under and around the foundations of Al Aqsa

3) There must be unfettered access by international experts to immediately assess the extent of damages to the Haram al Sharif and the holy sites in Jerusalem

4) Israel's continuous digging underneath and around Al Aqsa Mosque proves that Israel cannot be trusted to guard Islamic holy sites because it is unconcerned about the preservation of some of the most significant religious and historical structures in the world

5) Al Aqsa Mosque is not only an Islamic holy site, but a historical part of the human heritage, making it a concern for mankind.

I am really confused not actaully that confused but the arrows seem to me are directed at the empty ground or is it above the big building. i think i have to visit an Optician. walaahi I myself too used to the think the masjid alqsa was the gold dome but i second to modesty thanks for the clarification man.

Khayr   

This is a violation

and an endorsed violation.

والله this is a

shame on all of us.

اللهم اعزانا و انصرنا

Haatu   

Allah will protect his mosque. They can't do anything to it. Just be patient.

"Xaqun calaynaa nasrul mu'miniin" Ruum.

Guje   

" Islamic tradition tells us that al-Aqsa mosque is near Mecca on the Arabian Peninsula. This was unequivocally stated in "Kitab al-Maghazi," a book by the Muslim historian and geographer al-Waqidi. According to al-Waqidi, there were two "masjeds" (places of prayer) in al-Gi'irranah, a village between Mecca and Ta'if - one was "the closer mosque" (al-masjid al-adna) and the other was "the further mosque" (al-masjid al-aqsa,) and Muhammad would pray there when he went out of town."

oops! some folks have been fighting over the wrong mosque all these years.

Guje;988127 wrote:
" Islamic tradition tells us that al-Aqsa mosque is near Mecca on the Arabian Peninsula. This was unequivocally stated in "Kitab al-Maghazi," a book by the Muslim historian and geographer al-Waqidi. According to al-Waqidi, there were two "masjeds" (places of prayer) in al-Gi'irranah, a village between Mecca and Ta'if - one was "the closer mosque" (al-masjid al-adna) and the other was "the further mosque" (al-masjid al-aqsa,) and Muhammad would pray there when he went out of town."

oops! some folks have been fighting over the wrong mosque all these years.

Oops-Did-I.jpg