Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Asmara: Xasan Dahir sacks Sharifs : wonderfull stuff

Seriously what is there to negotiate about?

The has only a few months left, having peace talks with them could allow them to re-elect themselves for another 5 years to wipe out somalia.

Its better to continue with the struggle today to ensure the death of the TFG and that Ethiopia becomes more naked and nowhere to hide, so we can all concentrate on the habesh occupation rather than wasting time talking to TFG that has no authority of its won.

Sophist, my good brother the real power lies with Sharif.

Sh Xasan have certainly his own rights to oppose any peace in Somalia as long he remains in the terror list. But listening his argument last night I was not impressed with his simplistic take on the question of Ethiopia, Jabbuuti conference…

The question has never been whether to negotiate with Sh. Xassan or whether his was part of the dirin process. Sh. Xassan was the face of Islamic movement in Xamar. But by coming out in opposition to what the very entity he helped establish is engaged in, he risks to play into the hands of those who always wanted to drive a wedge between his movement.

But one thing I have no doubt; war is not an option to resolve the Somali azmah. Peace is. Always support those who take that line of thinking yaa bro…

Ps..for those who are in MN, come and see Ina Walad Abdalla @ St. Paul this coming Saturday yaa Jamaacah!

NGONGE   

Edit: (serves me right for typing with my eyes closed).

Sophist,

I needn't defend my guru on here. He is more than capable of speaking for himself with all his usual and beautiful verbosity. My gripe was with the poster. He, on one hand criticised, and on the other seemed to agree with all that big O was saying.

As for the Sheikh's intelligence, I beg to differ. His conduct so far does not point to someone in possession of average intelligence, never mind the genius you seem to attribute to him. Was he not the man that donned the camouflage uniform as the Ethiopian hordes were bursting through the border and promised to fight them to the death? Was he not the man that subsequently legged it out of the capital and claimed he was doing it to save lives? Was he not adamant that he would not sit and talk with the TFG? Is he not now talking to the TFG and losing some of his former friends?

I am in full agreement with my guru here. The Sheikh is probably a good man but, in politics, he's nothing but a simpleton who is out of his depth.

adiga eyo Xiin wax kala idiin muuqda, methinks.

^^Rigidity, I thought, was not one of your qualities yaa NG. Sharif is playing ball adeer. and if you think his political pragmatism is a liability for him, ilaahay ka bari inaad ayyaamo noolaato…

NGONGE   

Nothing to do with rigidity, saaxib. One can only judge a man by his actions and I have not been impressed with his. It seems that every new turn the Sheikh takes is influenced by conviction. But how could one have two opposing principles all at the same time? Surely he is not being kosher in at least one.

^^It would help if you lay ‘the two opposing principles’ out in the open so we can all understand the said principles good Sheekh betrayed Xaaji!

NGONGE   

^^ You know what the positions are. I've already outlined them above, saaxib. Don't make me do an MMA and get you the opposing quotes the Sheikh has made in the past two years. That would just be vulgar and pedantic.

^^Well, that is the rigidity I was refering to. We all have made statements and taken political stances that in hindsight do not all appear appealing any more. Some of the statements the good Sheekh made were reflecting the official position of the entity whose name he was issuing those statements. Others reflected his personal convictions. Those things happen all the time and most people understand them for what they are adeer. But principles are principles. And, as far as I can tell, the good Sheekh has not betrayed his principles. In fact he advanced them, and promoted them to the extent he could under the circumstances.

Let me cut to the chase yaa NG; embracing peace is not akin to a betrayal of Sharifs principles. Talking to the other side of the Somali conflict is not a betrayal of Sharif’s principles. Realizing Ethiopia is not alone in this war is not certainly a betrayal of his principles.

So I want you to own your words and assertions saaxiib. You can certainly be cautious on this peace drive given previous failures. But when you make assertions like the one you made, you owe us explanation adeer.

What is the principle that you reckon Sh. Sharif betrayed?

NGONGE   

He vowed not to talk to the TFG when the Courts were in power unless the (unconfirmed) Ethiopian troops withdrew out of Somalia. But I guess you are going to say that this was not his idea and he was merely a spokesperson for the ICU. He dressed in full military uniform and vowed to fight then changed his mind and legged it out of Somalia. But I guess you're going to call this pragmatism. He went to Asmara (after being lost in the wilderness for a few months) and joined a plethora of Somali pariahs there. But I bet you will still find a way to explain this. He finally dropped all pretences and came to talk with the TFG in Djibouti!

Now his former comrades from the ICU disowned him, leaving him to represent no other than the pariahs I mentioned above. Where does the Sheikh stand? Who does he stand with?

If it were true that he left the capital to save lives, why was he cheering the mad efforts of Al Shabaab when the last thing these efforts did was save lives? If he was not prepared to talk to the TFG when Somalia was somewhat peaceful and under control why is he now kowtowing and ready to speak to whoever will listen? If he thought the TFG were the scum of the earth why is he frolicking with them now?

Please don't fob me off with the pragmatism nonsense. A pragmatist gains ground by changing his stances and positions whilst the Sheikh has not gained one inch in his flip-flopping madness of the past couple of years.

Please note that I have always believed that talking is the only way forward. So it will save us time if you don't bother preaching to the converted here. Just defend the Sheikh's positions and explain his reasoning if you can.

^^Why, why, and whys? All about his past positions, which, notwithstanding with your rhetorical questions, are all clear for anyone who has been following the Somali conflict and the sharp turn it took last year! It’s telling that you have no whys of what he’s doing today.

One could say the same about almost every leader who achieved and advanced his cause. But I think it’s pointless to argue about how the man positioned himself if you agree with his bigger goal of achieving peace through talks and dialogue with the other side.

What did he so far gain in this approach? More than anything else he gained the trust of Somalis. Even his staunchest opponents admit that the man articulates a vision that’s realistic and fair for Somalis. As for some of his former colleagues disowning him, it is just part of the nature of the stuff the man is engaged in adeer. Some are consumed by anger and are unable to see any alternative to war. Some are resistant to change. And some just like you are natural born cynics and think the man is selfish and his moves are manifestation of his ulterior desires of power and position. So opposition to his bold moves is expected adeer. The fact remain though that the majority of the original Asmara team are with him. He has substantial fighting force on the ground that remain loyal to him. And he secured the capacity to engage with the world to advance his cause of reviving Somalia…

NGONGE   

No. No. No. I don't think the man is selfish, that is undeserved praise. I said it before and I say it again; I think the man is clueless.

To earn the respect of the Somali people is nothing much. Indha-bloody-cade is earning the respect of Somali people when yesterday he was a full-blown warlord. Somalis in general are fickle and emotional. It does not take much to earn their respect or turn their heads.

You are praising the man as a leader and putting your eggs in his basket. I, whilst admitting that there is no other way to solve this conflict than negotiation, do not think he is the best man for the job. You try to shrug and turn a blind eye to his previous positions but I repeat; this is the only way to judge the man.

When you talk about OTHER leaders you conveniently forget the difference between them and the subject of our discussion. The biggest reason for people to support him is that he's a pious and virtuous man. Other leaders change positions, convictions and principles out of necessity and circumstances. Their supporters understand the need to bend one's principles to fit in with changing events. It is a bit difficult to take a pious and virtuous man seriously when he acquires this vice.

Most of the Asmara group is with him but his fellow Mullahs (including the biggest fish of all) are not. What do the flip-floppers matter?

As for the substantial fighting force he has, who the hell are they? His clan or is it the People's Front of Mogadishu? Naah, those are with Awayes. It must be the Popular Front of Mogadishu! :D

Dee naga daa adeer...

^^Tell us your perception of those fighting on the ground and who you think thier leaders are? I mean you are coming across utterly ilinformed on the realities on the ground saaxiib!

I think we have two different frame of reference here saaxiib. I dont know if you know who many are in Asmara, and apart from good Aweys where most of the religous oriented stand on this!

And you think Indhaccade is gaining respect!

edit; you think he is clueless, yet we are depating the consequence of his policies...cajaaib!

NGONGE   

Come on, Xiin. Let us not play this game. You are the one who asserted the man has a substantial fighting force in Somalia. I asked you who they are only to be hit with a question on my knowledge of those fighting in Somalia?

As for the Asmara issue were Sh. Aweys and Sh. Ahmed not the faces (and leaders) of the religious wing of that group? When Aweys distances himself from this whole furore, who are we left with? No, it's not a rhetorical question. TELL ME.

Major-General-Xabashi-Conquering-Sheikh Indha Cade is fighting the Ethiopians. Most Somali people respect those fighting the Ethiopians. Therefore, Somalis respect Major-General-Xabashi-Conquering-Lion-Of-Somalia-Sheikh Indha Cade.

ps

My frame of reference is the same as the one I started with when talking to Sophist. It's you that sent yourself in all sorts of knots, saaxib. I say the man is clueless and give you, as evidence, his various conflicting positions in the past. You say he is not and give me NOTHING.

pps

Guru, the verbosity comment was supposed to be our 'in joke', you paranoid so and so. :D

me   

Oodweyne,

I take great pride in the fact that your kind never bested me in anything, least of all an argument.

This is an entertainment forum. I don't see any real argument here, just comments made by political nitwits feeling their way around blindly in a dark room.

For illustrations sake Somalia and for its part SOL is a rudderless boat lost in an ocean with no map, no compass and no captain. Its passengers, folks like you stampede between stern and prow every time the boat changes direction. Sadly enough it is not you that decide where this boat goes, for you are at the mercy of nature.

In the words of lil’ wayne It's my ocean baby you all nigas is tuna

STOIC   

^^^I doubt if the type of Odweyne,Ngonge, and Xiin listens to that kind of music....though I took a propriety delight at that Lil Wayne line.... :D