Sign in to follow this  
QUANTUM LEAP

Somali or Clan? Which do you chose and why?

I need some enlightment folks....I have seen far too many vulgar disagreements that have been baseless and unconvincing in nature. I’m now trying to conduct a discussion among the true Nomads here and to see where your allegiance lies and why you think its the right path for you to take as an individual and what the long-term effects would be.

I’m once more reminding you to discuss this using your brains.

Thank U feeerii armaaaajoo

Dude it depends...

(e.g) if i meet some somali bro/sis i don't really care which qabiil she/he is. smile.gif

but if im with 2 people and 1 of them belongs to me tribe, well then that person feels bit closer than the other, depending on how far up or down the tree :rolleyes:

then again it depends how much you know the other person..........

well thats what i reckon.

its kindda confusing but :confused:

Ok but u still havent answered my question...what would u choose? Somali or Clan? What are the benefits of being somali and what are the benefits of belonging to aclan? Knowing that today clans arent anything but trouble would u still want to belong?

Ibtisaam   

Originally posted by Che-Guevara:

My loyalty is to my family, my nation (Somali) and to Muslim brotherhood.

I agree with you there....well said smile.gif

NinBrown   

To start with my loyaltiy is with my family, islama, my region and then to Somalia....I cant do Somalia any good if i my self is not good, if my familty is not good, if my religion is not good and if my region is not good............if only i attend to these..then Somalia will be better off.

U know here in the UK regions are very important..i.e people from Yorkshire act as one and so on...

So theory is if u wanna do good for Somalia, do good for u r self, family and region..and the rest will just come naturally.

I hope i made some sense

I will answer shortly...but do we have a choice? Ou community is structured so that if u want to do something i find that u usually have to go the Clan where whether its actually for a good reason or vice versa.

Clearly for me i couldnt careless whether you from somalia somaliland Puntland Eat.my.shorts.land your my Brother, my sister and i have no qaural with you.

How can a sane person choose a simple clan, where he/she can get the whole somali family?!!

Seben tegay mid weli soo socdiyo saaka waxa jooga

Seddexdaa waqtaa xaal aduun lagu sifeeyaaye !

Soo-noqodna maleh wixii saadufee tagaye

Berri iyo saa-danbana waa sed kaa maqane

Waxay taladu kuu suuban tahay subaxaad joogtaaye!

Xaaji Aden (Afqalooc)

Blessed   

Allah and Islam

My Family

Somalis who are loyal to me n my family :D

I feel qabiil is such an abstract concept... 'Shiekh hebel' don't know me and I don't know him.. maxaa laisku kaayo khasbayaa?

Miriam1   

Where does my loyalty lie?

With my faith, Islam

With my family

And

My people.

I think my upbringing has helped to forget the importance of the clan (being brought up in foriegn lands),but i do understand a person's view when they put thier clan above the somali people as a whole.

Just cause they view the clan as an extended family, a group of people they have more of a connection with.

Mujahida   

I'm a Muslim. My Religion is ISLAM. I do not have a Qabiil Alhamdulilah. I know my family and my loyalty belongs to them totally thats my brother's and sisters by blood and my two precious parents and my Muslim brothers and Sisters in Islam who are closer than blood because we all share the belief OF The Oness of ALLAH.

Wa/Salam

HI

I'm a somali, and that's not a choice i have but something that's under my nose.

The fact that my folks are somali makes me one too.

And the hell with clan that's something i run from, to me it has no benefits what so ever!

Why: Cause i believe I would have seen it from my ancestors so far it hasn't done much good for them, why would any good be in it for me??

Shaqsii: you said"Knowing that today clans arent anything but trouble would u still want to belong"? Thanks to our ancestors, we all belong to clans, whether we wish to run from it or face it!

I choose to RUN!

What matter most is that i'm somali and the rest is BULL SH**!! :D

RESPECT!!

Gabbal   

Salaamz

People I owe my allegiance to Islam first and foremost, but what Shaqsii was trying to ask was would you choose Soomaalinimo over qabiilnimo? Nothing else. smile.gif

I would choose Somali over clan.

Gediid   

Cut the bull people we are all Somalis not Mareykan.You all say what you say to look good in public.Runta isku sheegaa.