Sign in to follow this  
AYOUB

Bintiland: Amaan mise Yasid?

NGONGE   

Originally posted by Fiqikhayre:

^kana markii Goroyo loo heeso ayuu Geel u heesaa.

Adeer meeshan cid ku heesayso ma jirto. Binti-da aad mooday maha. :D

Originally posted by NGONGE:

quote:Originally posted by Fiqikhayre:

^kana markii Goroyo loo heeso ayuu Geel u heesaa.

Adeer meeshan cid ku heesayso ma jirto. Binti-da aad mooday maha.
:D
&

Originally posted by Fiqikhayre:

Your
attempt
on satire wasn't entirely lost on me. But the question is who used to entertain with singing?

:D:D @ the exchange.

Fiqikhayre - singing ma ahayn - ee iska jir nimanku weey gabyaane. miyaadan maqlin markay lahaayen:

"Siyaad Barre Xaquu noo mitirayaaye...."

sorry ngonge - couldn't help it - open goal an all :D

AYOUB   

Lads please! Just wanted to know your views on whether the "bintilan" comment should be taken as derogatory or a compliment. I thought it was a compliment and was somewhat surprised by the reactions I posted. I wouldn't mind if he called SL "bintiland", since we call her Mandeeq (and Shankaroon even). smile.gif Most people call their countries Motherland with the exception of handful like the Germans. Marka maxaa ka ceeb ah haddii magacan guruxda badan ee "bintiland" la ugu yeedho maamulkaa ama gobolka Imaam Faroole? Never mind "bintiland" I think they should even give her the name Diana after the CIA operative who runs things down there, or Amira after the the woman who runs the piracy ransom negotiations!

What says you?

Originally posted by AYOUB:

Lads please! Just wanted to know your views on whether the "bintilan" comment should be taken as derogatory or a compliment. I thought it was a compliment and was somewhat surprised by the reactions I posted. I wouldn't mind if he called SL "bintiland", since we call her Mandeeq (and Shankaroon even).
smile.gif
Most people call their countries Motherland with the exception of handful like the Germans. Marka maxaa ka ceeb ah haddii magacan guruxda badan ee "bintiland" la ugu yeedho maamulkaa ama gobolka Imaam Faroole? Never mind "bintiland" I think they should even give her the name Diana after the CIA operative who runs things down there, or Amira after the the woman who runs the piracy ransom negotiations!

What says you?

We say beenlow baa tahay. You are enjoying so stop I like bintiland. One advice for the secessionst boys: You need to settle only one derogatory name for Puntland otherwise none will stick.

Senility, it seems, often lends itself to puerility. It behooves Somalis to get past the cultural (and religious) backwardness that informs the view that naagnimo is a congenital defect. Bintiland is an anachronistic insult. It would have been more biting in a bygone era. Nowadays, it's just a sign of nescience - something more easily attributed to simple conservatives and bumpkins than a reasonable person.