Sign in to follow this  
NASSIR

Elders of Puntland Condemn Somaliland for pecipitating war.

Xoogsade   

^ The answer is pointless. I would only make one exception, it is not everyone in Puntland who feels uninvaded, unhurt, and indifferent to what is going on in Muqdisho. There are muslims in every clan whose beliefs in God transcend clan connection to a warlord they are related to.

Castro   

Careful there, SB. You're beginning to sound like a secessionist.

It's not inaccurate or unfair to say most Somalis feel much sympathy and share, if only in their hearts, the obscenity descended upon their fellow Somalis in Xamar. Having said that, it takes courage to speak up against evil and even more to fight it. Let's just say most people (universally) choose the share-the-pain-in-silence route. Which, incidentally, should make you wonder if that silence is what aids, even causes, the evil in the first place.

Ebyan   

Originally posted by Socod_badne:

quote:Originally posted by Nabadshe:

If this Elders have in their conscience an Iota of Gobanimo and somali elderly Ethics they would have at least released some statements over the massacres taking place in Xamar.

Xamar is not settled by
their
people, they are "others" and it's not
their
city. It's a view shared by most Somalis outside of Xamar. Which raises an interesting question: if the invasion of the capital doesn't compell Somalis to feel invaded and if the mass destruction and human loss visited on the city's residents doesn't compell Somalis to feel
they
have been attacked, what on earth is the point of building a Somali "government"? Who is it being built for?
First off, these elders have other things to worry about..The world doesn't revolve around Xamar you know? They have a war in their own backyard.

If Somalinimo ever existed we wouldn't be in the position we are in today. There wouldn't be refugees displaced around the world. Have you been sleeping under a rock for the past 2 decades?

Originally posted by Xoogsade:

^ The answer is pointless. I would only make one exception, it is
not everyone in Puntland who feels uninvaded, unhurt, and indifferent to what is going on in Muqdisho. There are muslims in every clan
whose beliefs in God transcend clan connection to a warlord they are related to.

Wow so now anyone against the clan-insurgency is not Muslim?! You're getting more creative by the minute. :rolleyes:

Xoogsade   

^ I thought you were sympathetic to the plight of reer muqdisho few days ago. I see it didn't take long for you to get into reverse gear and be your little self again.

Oh, btw, about the elders, while they are busy with the war on their own backyard, they could spare a minute or two about Muqdisho as well, after all, an elder for one clan, is an elder to the other according to somali tradition.

Anyway, you should be on bed. too late for a young girl to be staying up and chatting politics.

Ebyan   

Originally posted by Xoogsade:

^ I thought you were sympathetic to the plight of reer muqdisho few days ago. I see it didn't take long for you to get into reverse gear and be your little self again.

Who said I wasn't sympathetic to their plight? Because I don't see things like you do? If anyone's sympathetic to their plight it's I, seeing though I've gone through a very similar experience, but I'm a Puntlander so I must be grinning at the death and displacement of innocent people, right?

Oh, btw, about the elders, while they are busy with the war on their own backyard, they could spare a minute or two about Muqdisho as well, after all, an elder for one clan, is an elder to the other according to somali tradition.

Have the clan elders from Xamar commented on the situations in Dhahar? If so, I'd agree, otherwise...

Anyway, you should be on bed. too late for a young girl to be staying up and chatting politics.

I'm old enough for you to label me a brain-washed clannish-bigot, but I'm not old enough to discuss politics? Sure. :rolleyes:

Castro   

Originally posted by Violet:

Have the clan elders from Xamar commented on the situations in Dhahar? If so, I'd agree, otherwise...

I'm not sure they had a chance to catch the news. You see, they had this little problem with Ethiopian tanks....

Ebyan   

Originally posted by Castro:

quote:Originally posted by Violet:

I'm not sure they had a chance to catch the news. You see, they had this little problem with Ethiopian tanks....
Everyone has their own priorities. These clan elders represent the people of Puntland, so you could see why they'd comment on one war and not the other.

Xoogsade   

^ Violet, I don't recall myself calling you a bigot, I don't insult women absolutely, and if I did, I take it back. Brain-washed, may be, of course, that comes through with brilliance enough to blind me.

If you had the same experience with the plighted of Muqdisho, how come you put a condition on a word or two puntland elders can make on their behalf? Remember, clan elders are clan elders for all and not for a particular clan.

In reality, the elders are hostage to the political prostitution rife in Puntland. I actually sympathise with them rather than blame them for anything and I am not. I am having this conversation to expose the weakness of your argument.

There is Allah Almighty, the victims of Muqdisho have him on their side and they are never forgotten by him. That is what matters at the end of the day.

Castro   

These clan elders represent the people of Puntland, so you could see why they'd comment on one war and not the other.

No I can't. The Dhahar incident does not compare in any way, shape or form to the catastrophic destruction that occurred in Xamar recently. Still, it hurts not to hear all Somalis condemn the indiscriminate bombing, publicly. No one asked anyone to come and fight alongside the resistance. The show of support is what lacked from the "elders". That's what Xoogsade is trying to tell you. He's got this funny way of saying it though.

I personally don't give a shit about any elders. Their medieval mentalities is what's keeping all of us in this shit.

I was quite content to read about Puntlanders in the diaspora come out and condemn this obscenity. One of those men and women is worth a tonne of rubbish elders, of any clan.

Xoogsade   

Originally posted by Castro:

That's what Xoogsade is trying to tell you. He's got this funny way of saying it though.

She has a habit of appealing to my softer side, I have to be careful to not lose my edge ya know, can't lose my focus and cry along with the young lady :D:D

Castro   

^^^ Xoogsade, atheer, you need to learn, as I did, to get past the accusations of clannism. First, you could never prove them. Second, they dull the discussion and distract from the real issues at hand.

Ebyan   

Xoogsade;

The people of Puntland are sympathetic to the current plight of people of Xamar, afterall, many of them came back to their traditional regions after the war in 91. Some of the refugees from the current conflict in Xamar are in IDP camps in Puntland and Puntland has donated aid to the innocent victims in Xamar. This shows that they aren't indifferent to the plight of these innocent people, they are on their side.

Castro;

There is/was nothing indiscriminate about the bombings. They purposely targeted certain areas of Xamar.

Now that that is out of the way, I don't think they'll be condemning the bombings anytime soon.

Castro   

^^^^ Every aid organization and news outlet worldwide, not to mention eyewitness reports said it was indiscriminate so pardon me if I don't take your word for it.

Now that that is out of the way, I don't think they'll be condemning the bombings anytime soon.

Well, guess then who shamelessly parades the label of an elder but is in fact a coward? And please, don't think this is limited to the "wise men" of any clan. This is across the board atheer.

N.O.R.F   

There is/was nothing indiscriminate about the bombings. They purposely targeted certain areas of Xamar.

Indiscriminate towards the people not xaafadaha :rolleyes:

Were people (civilians) in those areas at time of bombing?