Sign in to follow this  
raadamiir

Yusuf Yey: The Hero Of The Age!!!

^^^They will make up stories and correlate falsehoods to get the point across. The governemnt is based on 4.5 formula thus every clan/region is represented and not any have more say.

Who runs the PM office?

Duke

Just one correction the Ambassador to the UN is from Bulo burde district of Hiiraan. Same clan different location.

However I would like to also add that you are correct in asserting that the clan distribution is working fairly. Unlike the UIC were it's figure heads were from one clan and more so selected from one sub sub clan. The TFG is diverse.

Taliban   

Originally posted by General Duke:

The governemnt is based on 4.5 formula thus every clan/region is represented and not any have more say.

What kind of absurd formula is that? The 0.5 signifies deficiency?

Ebyan   

There's no census, so all the "major" clans were given an equal share and the "minority" clans were given half that. It's not fair, but it's better than the one-clan rule of the not-so-islamic courts. smile.gif

Taliban   

Originally posted by Violet:

There's no census, so all the "major" clans were given an equal share and the "minority" clans were given half that.

Who gave them "equal share"? On what basis?

Ebyan   

I don't get what you're asking. The "major" clans are the majority of the Somali population, thus they all get equal share in terms of seats.

Taliban   

I don't get what you're asking. The "major" clans are the majority of the Somali population, thus they all get equal share in terms of seats.

Is getting "equal share in terms of seats" something that's supposed to work? Is there's a precedent (pre-Barre era) that it worked?

Ebyan   

It's meant to satisfy all the clans. I don't see a better alternative. I'm assuming you have one, so please tell me what it is.

^^^Violet is correct, the largest 4 clans got equal number of MP's, the smaller coilition of clans got 1/2, this is not right, but in the future it will all be about districts and population and not clans.

Compare this formula to the absurd clan courts, in which everythingw as about armed clans of south Mogadishu and in particular Xasan Dahir's.. Thats why they failed they did not have the support of Somali people and those they occupied in Lower Shabbele and the Juba's.

Taliban   

It's meant to satisfy all the clans. I don't see a better alternative. I'm assuming you have one, so please tell me what it is.

Sure, the ICU's alternative is better, because it's based on Islam. For instance, the ICU encouraged Somalis to abolish the mistreatment of Somalis considered low caste or inferior; it encouraged to marry from them, among many other encouragements and solutions. The clan or secular alternative will ensure dehumanizing and mistreating those considered low caste or inferior.

Ebyan   

Originally posted by Cara:

With heroes like him, who needs villains?

Lmao. Ouch! :D

President Yusuf is the right man for the job. Inshallah, he shall prove all the nay-sayers wrong. smile.gif

Ebyan   

Originally posted by Taliban:

quote:Originally posted by Violet:

Sure, the ICU's alternative is better, because it's based on Islam. For instance, the ICU encouraged Somalis to abolish the mistreatment of Somalis considered low caste or inferior; it encouraged to marry from them, among many other encouragements and solutions. The clan or secular alternative will ensure dehumanizing and mistreating those considered low caste or inferior.
So we're meant to ignore the fact that the leaders of this movement were from one clan because they claimed to be Islamic? Like it or not, Somalia is and will always be an clan-society. You can't abolish clan, you can reduce it's influence, but you can not abolish it. How did the ICU go about doing this? By insuring that it's leaders were from the clan of Mogadishu? Are the people of Mogadishu more religious than those in Jubbaland,Puntland and Somaliland? What was the reasoning behind this? The ICUs achilles heel is the fact that it was comprised of one clan and nothing you say will change that fact. You can try to ignore it all you want, but the rest of us are not blind.