Sign in to follow this  
mojam

Stinkin' Rich

mojam   

Here's a list of the 20 richest soccer clubs. Last years ranking is in brackets. Notice how Chelsea jumped 6 spots. Chelsea will probaly jump to 1st spot next season with the Samsung Mobile shirt sponsorship deal. Barcelona has jumped a great deal as well. Imagine what spot they would be at if they had a shirt sponsor.

1. Man U $350 (1)

2. Real $320 (4)

3. Milan $290 (3)

4. Chelsea $287 (10)

5. Juve $284 (2)

6. Arsenal $230 (7)

7. Barca $220 (13)

8. Inter $210 (6)

9. Bayern $209 (5)

10. Liverpool $184 (8)

11. Newcastle $180 (10)

12. Roma $144 (11)

13. Celtic $137 (18)

14. Tottenham $134 (16)

15. Lazio $133 (15)

16. Man City $132

17. Schalke $131 (14)

18. Marseille $117

19. Rangers $114

20. Aston Villa $112

BOB   

Originally posted by mojam:

Barcelona has jumped a great deal as well. Imagine what spot they would be at if they had a shirt sponsor.

I read in one magazine that they are in negotiations with few Eastern companies mainly from China, so we will see.

in Four Four Two issue the president hinted they will unless they got 260-300,000 memberships and if you remember the game in Nou Camp against Real the fans had banners reading 160,000 which is already a club record by the way and he said the main reason was Ronaldinho and the last Four Four Two issue which Eto' featured they said according to the shirts sold Eto's number 9 jersey is the most popular among the Cules, the die hard Barca fans and the Goofy Genius is only second.

I hope they don't slip up at Valencia on Sunday.

PS.Don't forget we finally built a stadium Emirates Stadium fit for a big team like my beloved Gunners and don't be surprised if we soon became the richest club in the world because Man Utd days are numbered, trust me, they are HISTORY :D .

Peace,Love & Unity.

Emirites

mojam   

Bob,

For sure, a new bigger stadium goes a long way in cash flow for club. When will it be ready?

As for Barca, i think they should get a shirt sponsor. I am not sure why the fans would be against it. Nowadays, the jerseys of clubs are recognized by the commercial on the front of the shirt. Besides, the asian money is good.

PS Barca considers shirt sponsor