Sign in to follow this  
LANDER

May 18th

Originally posted by HornAfrique:

Yaabku yaabkiis, War Brown adna maxaad Somaliland ka doontay, sow taan Xamar kugu ogaa?
:D

Lol@Horn,actually the gobol is gedo,Balad Xawo to be precice smile.gif

But dude,seriously,this is a somaliland issue and most importantly its a day they decided is what they wanna celebrate. I dont see why the rest of somalis need to question it when indeed THEY have been without a functioning govt for 16 yrs.

I think thats xaasidnimo,the somaliland govt and its people should be commended i tthink for maintaining peace and prosperity & i was hoping that the rest of somalis copy and imittate them.

Its a success story by somalis for somalis,i think its unfair of ppl to criticize and condemn a people for wanting[& maintaining ] peace,justice,development & investiments, progress & democracy and general self governance.

Kudos to the Landers. Keep up the good job. Just keep in mind that while the rest of the county is in war[both phisical & ideological/qabil],Somaliland is rebuilding.....

Tuujiye   

Northner first and most sxb..I SPEAK AS A SOMALI. I didn't talk as if I was defending Siyad Bare and I didn't even mention the man's name.. So lets talk about his late regime then.. Siyaad bare Killed more of his own people than any other tribes you should know that. the man was a dictator and only at the end of his time, he started to have his own tripe dominate the government. Siyad Bare and his rulling effected everyone in Somalia not only the waqooyiga..

Lets talk about May 18 sxb... is date based on Qabiil.. thats it.... I could ask all these kids who talk about somaliland who are the SYL and June 26, walaahi 90% of them wouln't know..so why you think is that?...because SYL and June 26 is not based on qabiil ma i fahantay.

Waraa castaro waa runtaa 1991 is when I have lost my home and my country but sxb Somaliland also lost its home and land because home is were you could injoy it with people who are your own sxb. SomaliLand is also our country because Sxb i'm sure if I go there today I would be wlc with open hands because Somali waa somali no matter what they believe. Ha iga dhigin in ee cuqdad igu jirto about Somaliland and point fingers at me..I'm happy that Somaliland is more peacefull than the south and same with Puntland but I'm just against the fact that Some people are little too extreme and have hateful heart. As somalis of any qabiil, we should be sadden today that some people is the south are suffering and have to live under puncha warlords. Why can't they be happy and have a live like ours? If Somaliland is well and puntland is well then they should give the rest of somalia a hand and help them....remember Allah won ask you why you didn't help Somaliland or Puntland, but allha will ask you why didn't you help your people and in this case Somalida waa Muslim and they are your people. So sxb thats what I believe.

May 18 is just a date that was created by a group of leaders that are nothing better than what Siyad barre was....

Wareer Badanaa!!!

RedSea   

Originally posted by Tuujiyee:

HORTA ha dhaaran walaal, dhaartu wax fudud maaha and don't make false assumptions such as the one above. I do know SYL(Somali Youth league) and what it did for the Somali people particularly those those under Italian authority; June 26 is when the former British Somaliland gained independence from guumaystihii Ingriiska ahaa. I think these historical facts are known to most except may be 10% of us.

SomaliLand is also our country because Sxb i'm sure if I go there today I would be wlc with open hands because Somali waa somali no matter what they believe. Ha iga dhigin in ee cuqdad igu jirto about Somaliland and point fingers at me..I'm happy that Somaliland is more peacefull than the south and same with Puntland but I'm just against the fact that Some people are little too extreme and have hateful heart.

Qofkii cudur hayo Allah og, so let us leave that to Allah to clean our hearts as well as the rest of Muslims.

secondly, I would be the first to welcome you to Hargeysa with open hands and heart. Somaliland is also your land, my land, and our land. It belongs to any Somali speaking individual who seeks to do whatever as long as they respect the rules and regualations of the region.

As somalis of any qabiil, we should be sadden today that some people is the south are suffering and have to live under puncha warlords. Why can't they be happy and have a live like ours?

Every Muslim should be concern of the situation in Southern Somalia let alone Somalis who came from the same womb. If anybody rejoices the destruction that cometh upon the citizens living in Moqdisho everyday, they would be insane. walibana waxaan odhan lahaa dadka masaakiinta ah, ha loo tukado oo Ilaahay ha loo baryo in uu dhibta ka kor qaado. Wax aduun ah cidii haysaana ha udirto.

If Somaliland is well and puntland is well then they should give the rest of somalia a hand and help them....remember Allah won ask you why you didn't help Somaliland or Puntland, but allha will ask you why didn't you help your people and in this case Somalida waa Muslim and they are your people. So sxb thats what I believe.

Every Muslim and Somali for that matter has a right upon the other, especially in time of hardship. But always remember that it's the politicians who are causing the death and destruction in Moqdisho and the ones in Somaliland and Puntland are doing things for the sake of power and maintaining that power, so they no different. Don't be surprise if Southern Somalia drifted away today into the Indian ocean and no body does anything about it in helping them. We all wish this could be changed, but Somalis are controlled by cold blooded criminals, warlords, tribilist all around, and we seek Allah protection from their evil doings, Allah knoweth our final destination.

Lastly, remember, this same topic that we are discusing was brought up so many times previously as you might well be aware, therefore it's really not necessary for us to bring it up again. Let us come to some sort of agreement or let us agree to disagree and leave the rest to Allah, indeed he is the best of judges.

Assalamu Calaykum and May Allah bring the tragedy in Muqdisho to an end ( amin)

N.O.R.F   

Tuujiye

Yes Barre also oppressed others and nobody is disputing that fact. However, the people of the north decided to cut off ties with Somalia all together (ie be independent from the oppressor). A right she was and still is entitled to in my humble opinion, while others didnt think it was the wy to go (for their own reasons).

The mere fact that a region of Somalia broke away and celebrates its independence day however much delayed, as our good cuban pointed out, is enough to suggest there was something wrong. I dont know maybe rear woqooyi should have kept quiet while their educated and wealthy men where being arrested and those who could moved to the middle east.

So you see saxib, you can call it a qabilist celebration all you want, maybe it makes more sense for your to call it this, it may also ease the guilt of others. But you (and others) can not dispute the fact that the people of the north (a majority certain tribe) where oppressed and they decided it would better for them to do something it about it- ie its better for us to seperate.

May 18th is the day this seperation period - downfall of Barre & independence, is celebrated and we will always remember. :cool:

ps why do the Americans Celebrate 4th July?

Tuujiye   

Red sea Quote:

But always remember that it's the politicians who are causing the death and destruction in Moqdisho and the ones in Somaliland and Puntland are doing things for the sake of power and maintaining that power, so they no different.

.......... I agree sxb..Thats my point. So tell me if the leaders of Somaliland are same as the one's in Puntland and Mogadisho, wouldn't you agree that May 18 is false and is based on an Ideolegy that they brought to the people so that they could have their attention?....... May 18 is date that these politians never talk about internationly.. Shicibka Somaliland bee ugu sheekeyaan in ee xoriyad kusiiyeen maalintaas from the rest of somalia laakiin when they are with UN or lets say the British, all they were talking about was June 26!! because thats the only time they could say that they were an state of their own before July 1st. May 18 was found by the SNM which a group of qabiil that was fighting against The Bare government and they celebrated that date after their plan worked. Is simple as that.

Northner quote:

So you see saxib, you can call it a qabilist celebration all you want, maybe it makes more sense for your to call it this, it may also ease the guilt of others. But you (and others) can not dispute the fact that the people of the north (
a majority certain tribe
) where oppressed and they decided it would better for them to do something it about it- ie its better for us to seperate.

So now is Majority of certain tripe???lol.. sxb I don't think I need to say much about how May 18 is only abaout qabiil pride..

May 18th is the day this seperation period - downfall of Barre & independence, is celebrated and we will always remember

You are right except May18 is not a date that you celebrated :confused: ..you see, you might took power from Siyad but ya'll put the power in the hands of its students and only does of you who are not balinded by the qabiil shit will know that.. Somaliland is still controll just like how Siyad was controlling it before so if you don't know what I'm talking about, go and study about your so called leaders today specially your So called president because he is nothing different from the rest of warlords.

Red Sea tnx for the dacwo sxb..dhaarta sida sahliga ah ma fiicna..tnx sxb...

Wareer Badanaa!!!

N.O.R.F   

^^You see, you are not concentrating facts but rather 'opinion'.

FACT: SL became independent and celebrates on May 18th. Now if you have anything in the way of an argument to suggest why it should not be celebrated please bring it to the fore, otherwise its getting boring.

You call it a qabilist celebration because there is a majority tribe in that region? Is that all you can muster up? An easy excuse to make without much consideration towards the reasons why they left the Union. Can desregarding the 'right' of a people to seperate be considered as being qabilist? If the answer is no, then you must have a problem with why they seperated - ie you do not feel their oppression justified their actions.

ps isnt Somalia a 'qabil' state?

Anohther important date to add the Somali celebetory calender : January 1st the birth of 85% of Somalis in the west. the other 15% have dates like July 1st, 02/02, 03/03, and so on.

Tuujiye   

So you see saxib, you can call it a qabilist celebration all you want, maybe it makes more sense for your to call it this, it may also ease the guilt of others. But you (and others) can not dispute the fact that the people of the north ( a majority certain tribe ) where oppressed and they decided it would better for them to do something it about it- ie its better for us to seperate.

..remember you said that sxb and that makes it clear for me..the only reason you clebrate this is because of as you said "a certain majority tripe"......and is clear to me that you celebrate may 18 because of qabiil..I have given you some clear facts sxb..you just don't have the knowledge to understand my facts which is a clear point... So please I'm sorry and injoy your celebration..

Ps. Somalia is not qabiil state and the only people that want it like that and think of it like that are does who are like you and want Somalia not to be United.

Wareer Badanaa!!!

ElPunto   

Originally posted by Hizb_UK:

Anohther important date to add the Somali celebetory calender :
January 1st
the birth of 85% of Somalis in the west. the other 15% have dates like July 1st, 02/02, 03/03, and so on.

LOL - so true!

SOO MAAL   

Originally posted by Pretty Tone:

I'll be there with my moms this summer too^^^^

Its going dowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwn lol. I can't wait

party.gif

142068814.img.jpg

Unfortunately, many people have tribal minded that’s why they advocate for clan-feithdoms like Somaliland, and Puntland

the people of the north (a majority certain tribe)

There was no census, so how you arrived this conclusion?

or is it Animal farm setting, all animals are equal but some are more equal than others

N.O.R.F   

Tuujiye

..remember you said that sxb and that makes it clear for me..the only reason you clebrate this is because of as you said "a certain majority tripe"......and is clear to me that you celebrate may 18 because of qabiil..I have given you some clear facts sxb..you just don't have the knowledge to understand my facts which is a clear point... So please I'm sorry and injoy your celebration..

I celebrate becuase of the downfall of an oppresive dictator and the starting of a new era. One with peace and stability in-lieu of anarchy and distruction. If my co celebrators happen to be of the same tribe as me then thats fine by me. But if those against it are using this to reinforce their 'united' stand rather than look at the 'real' reasons why may 18th is celebrated then i also have a right to presume that person is a qabilist towards Somalilanders. Understand?

ps whats facts did you present? and what knowledge i'm i lacking?

Ps. Somalia is not qabiil state and the only people that want it like that and think of it like that are does who are like you and want Somalia not to be United.

Please define unity is the Somali context. Maybe SL should give control to a bunch of warlords, maybe there should not be an accountable govnt who we can question, maybe we should all become armed with a klashi for protection, let certain sub tribes control the ports and another to control the airports, set up road blocks within our cities etc etc. Then i'm sure we will be part of a 'united' Somalia :rolleyes:

SOO MAAL   

Please define unity is the Somali context. Maybe SL should give control to a bunch of warlords, maybe there should not be an accountable govnt who we can question, maybe we should all become armed with a klashi for protection, let certain sub tribes control the ports and another to control the airports, set up road blocks within our cities etc etc. Then i'm sure we will be part of a 'united' Somalia

Avoid discrediting Somalia

Somalia is not only Mogadisho , keep in mind that Baydhabo jowhar Baladweyne Laascaanood Buuhoodle Lasqorey Boosaaso Garowe are also Somalia and they enjoy relative peace, development and good governance

May Allah help our beloved national capital Mogadisho