Sign in to follow this  
LANDER

May 18th

Originally posted by Brown:

"Somalia" wadan meesha kuma hayso.

Really? I was of the view, with valid reasons, that PEOPLE make WADANS and not the other way around. Unless of course you're saying Somalis aren't people.

Originally posted by Socod_badne:

quote:Originally posted by Brown:

"Somalia" wadan meesha kuma hayso.

Really? I was of the view, with valid reasons, that
PEOPLE
make WADANS and not the other way around.
And since when do i give a rat's azz about "Your View". Dude,we,rather I have been a witness to your so called "views". They have been barren,pointless and frankly speaking worthless.

Marka ina abti,even if you had valid points,messenger kale usoo dhiib,ileen aduu weligaa somali wax fiican ka sheegayo kuma arag ee[someone pliz gimme links].

Sxbkiis,you are obviously tryna score elementary points. A wadan is a Wadan.A Bare,Barren land with no inhabitants is a wadan. Period. A Real Wadan is also a country that has a functioning govt,that guarentees the safety of its citizens etc etc...

Even if wadanka has 100million ppl but no functioning govt,it has no business being called wadan. I really hope somalia would change someday,and i know it will....sadly tho,i dont see you ever changing from this artificial and bluffer face that you always present.

Tuujiye   

Northner Sxb waxaad ogaataa in aadan la hadleyn qof yar oo aan wax garad aheen. Aniga sxb wax naceeb ah iguma jirto because I love Somali and the people of Somaliland are somalis which mean they are my people no matter what.......

May18 is a date based on qabiil. June 26 is the date Somaliland says thats the date they got their own country oo ee meelkaste la taagan yihiin si lagu siiyo freedom from somalia iyo Aqoonsi.maalinta xafladooda in ee ahaato bee aheed june 26 hadii ee daacad wax ka tahay.

Sxb so many students in Somaliland are in prison because they didn't want a change only for them selfs but also for the rest of somalia.. many people in Somaliland don't like this Somaliland as a country and I know that and the government of somaliland is crupted so much that is nothing different from the rest of somalia....... Just because businesses are good and people are smilling don't mean the country is healthy. We all know (anyone who is not brain washed) that xafladaan dadka sameesta oona calanka qaad qaadta waa dad wada brain washed ah.

Farah, sxb i couldn't agree with you more and BROWN well said sxb respect...

No one is hatting on Somaliland but you should study what you believe with out being told from only one window.

Wareer Badanaa!!!

Jamilah   

Originally posted by Brown:

i dont see you ever changing from this artificial and bluffer face that you always present.

Since when does your perception of our country’s future mean anything to the rest of us? Answer: never. You guys can parade and celebrate your may 18th until you turn the unattractive colors of orange and green, but don’t belittle the rest of Somalia and make judgments. One would think that if your so satisfied with the achievements of your (I am not sure what to call it) state/country that you wouldn’t have this need to disparage Somalia.

Farah Blue and SB, I whole heartedly agree :D

^^ Jamilaay, these are testing times indeed. Honestly I don’t know what May 18th represents, the date of which SNM struggle commenced or when the secessionist movement attempted to make Somaliland what it could not be--a country. But I am confident that Somalis will pass these testing times and come out of it as the one people they really are. Till then let’s give this grieve-stricken lot all the breathing room they need. It could be a healthy dose.

nemo   

Originally posted by Rayaana:

and i mean my sole brothers by blood who diet at ages 18 and 21 just to free hargiesa from the
BLOODY Siade Barre
regime.

SIYAD BARRE WAS A CRIMINAL! [/QB]

What Siade Barre only was targeting SL? Is that why everyone was so emotional on the post about “Somalia a nation without heroâ€. Because most people here are SL from what I gathered. ;) Why did he target SL or is that SL was more touched about it? People a bit of education won’t hurt so tell without getting too emotional and I might even say HAPPY 18th. Even though I disagree the dividing of the country. Also what happened on June 21st or was it July the 21st? As you see am not that great on the Somali history didn't care much but now everyone goes on about. Wonder why?

Maantaynu Calankii; Ciidiisi Keeno

Cidhifyadda u taagno; Ciidamadu salaameen

New SL Flag song

Till then let’s give this grieve-stricken lot all the breathing room they need. It could be a healthy dose.

ooh... talking tough are we, Xiinow? We never learn from the past Xiinow!!! redface.gif

LOOOOL ^^ i can't beleive such persons do actually exist amongst us Somalis or even Somalilanders for that matter. Do such actually know how ****** u sound when u write the above such comments.

N.O.R.F   

Tuujiye, lets work with facts here rather than opinion. On May 18th 1991 Somaliland declared its independence from Somalia after the downfall of the Siad Barre ragime. Thus making this date a time for Somlis (note - all Somalis) to remember/celebrate. Yes, you should also remember and be happy the regime ended.

Like it or not Siad Barre fell, like it or not the people of SL will celebrate the day. Its as simple as that saxib. The one window thing is irrelevant unless you are contesting that Barre was innocent.

Whether SL should be seperate from Somalia is also irrelevent as that is not whats being discussed.

Castro   

Originally posted by Northerner:

Tuujiye, lets work with facts here rather than opinion. On May 18th 1991 Somaliland declared its independence from Somalia after the downfall of the Siad Barre ragime. Thus making this date a time for Somlis (note - all Somalis) to remember/celebrate. Yes, you should also remember and be happy the regime ended.

Good Northerner, the regime officially collapsed on 1/27/1991. A little under 4 months later, Somaliland was born. With its birth came the (unjustified, in my view) branding of Tuujiye and his ilk as collaborators (i.e. the "defeated Lot") of the former regime or some such nonsense. That many of those who defeated Afweyne and forced him to flee in a tank would later be labelled the "defeated lot" is sad. To ask Tuujiye to celebrate that same date is a cruel joke, don't you think? Ma calayna.

I personally have no idea what other significance (besides the decleration of independence) 5/18/1991 has. It is a shortcoming of mine that I don't. But whatever the significance of the date, I can appreciate the confusion and sadness that comes with trying to celebrate your birthday only to have some of those you invited to your party question your existence or your right to celebrate.

Tuujiye and Xiin should be more concerned with getting their house in order before wondering what color paint their neighbor decided to use on his. And the neighbor should well know that the he's neither evolved past nor is he immune to the disasters occuring right next door. And to put all this salt in each other's wounds is behavior unbecoming of either side.

Happy May 18th, June 26th, and July 1st.

Originally posted by Castro:

[QB]I personally have no idea what other significance (besides the decleration of independence) 5/18/1991 has.

18/5 ayaa la isku haysta and u drag 5/18 into it too. Wareer badana as T would say. ;)

I can't help but think if Somaliland its declared independent on 18 May 1991. Well does not mean it owes a great gratitude to the Somalis who actually kicked Siyad Barre out ( i.e Aided and co. ) instead of the SNM, ...

Somalis struggled against the Dictatotor as a unit .. and that Unity died away sometime in 1991, maybe around 18 May .... now just look how many different functions u hear of and Somaliland is only such a Function ,....