Sign in to follow this  
Nur

I am also a Shia too!

Nur   

Og girl

It was reported that the Prophet SAWS said "

من أبطأ به عمله لم يسرع به نسبه

our Somali roots are only for association purposes and common history, but in Islam, all of us are brothers, even Jews who accepted Islam are very much our brothers in faith, there is a site on the web for Jews who reverted back to Islam, Jews ethnically, Muslims by belief. I guess. Wajeer, is NFD of Kenya and Qabri Daharre is in the 5th Kilin of Ethiopia (SomalinRegion), a great geneaology job for someone raised outside of Somalia, because those of us born in Somalia, we memorize our ancestory at least 12 or 13 forefathers, which explains our Nomadic anarchist culture.

Amatillah

it was back in the mid 90s. But I visit Egypt for business trips, staying mainly in the heart of Cairo not far from Burj Al Qaahira district.

Nur

Unbelievable . This topic is quite interesting as it showed me more than ever that My PEOPLE (Somalis) are fairly anomalous and disunited beyond belief.

May Allah unite my people and all members of the Muslim Ummah. AMIIN

Prophet Mohammed (SCW) said; My Ummah will split into 72 groups and out of that ONLY ONE group will enter Paradise, and that group will be the group that follows the way of the Prophet and his Companions.

But I must praise those that conduct themselves with sense of order, control over their tongues and dignity in replying to the opposite.

Og wrote

"There are Sahih ahadeths , when I say Sahih I mean sahih Al-tawater. And don't forget these ahadeths we share with Sunna. We know that the hadith "The Quran and the Sunnah" is actually weak, and "The Quran and the Ahlulbayt" is not only sahih but also mutawater. So this is a mutawater sahih hadith, and is recorded in sunna as well as shia books.

Og,

The science of Hadeeth is an daedal vessel of the islamic science that enjoys an un-rivalled and unique feature; the ISNAD. The Isnad(chain of narration) was esteemed by the early Muslims (salaf) as the first and cardinal condition in certifying any aspect of Shariah even if it was merely relating one word. There has to be a system; a code to distinguish hadiths that are mutawatir and ahad. THis accomplished system allows to see if the chain is broken,Unknown reporter, connected,strange..ect. The trouble with the Shais is that the collectors of the hadith could not ever verify the narrators of any ahadith, Wheter the characters existed or was a fiction of some imagination. They could not and can not determine.

So, what does this really all mean? essentially numerous questions are raised.

1. Who defines ahlul Bayt?

2. During the life of the Nabi salahu alayhi was salam was ahlul bayt purpetually at his presences to record every single narration. what about when he was with Aisha house or with the other wives?

3. for a hadith to be considered sahih, are all the reporters from Ahlul Bayt? are they REALLY infallible?

extracted from Viking's post on Suratul Cadiyah. His shia sources asserts the following,

" On the occasion of revelation, of this Sura, some people, such as Ibn-Abbas and so on, have said that they are the horses that the Muslim fighters rode on to fight in the Battle of Badr, but Amir-al-Mo'mineen Ali is narrated to have rejected this idea

history tells us that Ibn Abbas is from the blood-line of the Messenger of Allah, i suppose Ali didnt know Ibn Abbas was infallabile.

Islam isnt a labyrinth, its a map that guides mankind from darkness to light; A light that emanates from the MOst High,the sublime to combatt ambiguity,second guessing and faleshood.

Viking,

you appearently posses the faculty to demonstrate a signifant level of understand in islam. You have engaged and tacked complex topics with your thought provocing and florid comments,You wince at BRother NUR's complex topics yet you're languid in clear cut topics that invoke horrid difference that yield to the warth of Allah. You demonstrate little effort in rebuking and standing firm against intellectual innovations that mar and conflict with the basic tenants of our Deen, however when brother NUR or myself post a subject you challenge them; unleashing hardline questions and commons. You pertetually post articles that are founded upon falshood, which u take littel pride in refuting or warning the audience.

YOu refuse to distinguish your aqeeda and manhaj, you hide under a Banner that the Munafiq,liberist,the lesbians,secularist find refuge in. at the same rate yOu swifly come to the rescue of anyone who we deem deviant, but true to yourself you neither have enough knoweldge to combat the charges nor do you claim membership. Its truly bizzare how people pursue the obscure and hunt in murky waters. why amuse yourself with polemics?

Viking   

Salafi-dawa,

It is impressive to see how your grammar has improved the last year or so, so has your understanding of the Deen. But unfortunately, you use these tools for three things only...

1. To praise certain Ulama and elevate their status.

2. To criticize other Ulamas that are not liked by the ones you praise.

3. To slander anyone who doesn't share your narrow views.

YOu refuse to distinguish your aqeeda and manhaj, you hide under a Banner that the Munafiq,liberist,the lesbians,secularist find refuge in.

Ina Lilahi wa ina Ileyhi Rajicun. I have said time and again on these boards, I'm not a Salafi like you, neither am I a Shi'a like OG Girl and Mutakalim. I'm simply a Muslim as Allah SWT has referred to is in Suratul Ma'idah. Do you have a problem with that? Isn't it enough to be a Muslim nowadays or must I have to have some secterian affiliations?

however when brother NUR or myself post a subject you challenge them; unleashing hardline questions and commons.

Stop hiding behind Nur because he has disagreed with you on many occasions when you have slandered other scholars and he also disagreed with you about referring yourself as a Salafi. I have much respect for bro Nur and although we disagree on certain occasions, no love is lost between us.

at the same rate yOu swifly come to the rescue of anyone who we deem deviant,

I did jump on your throat a couple of times when you were "eating the flesh" of certain Ulama. That is a very deviant act! I also confronted NGONGE when he posted an article of a homosexual who insults the Prophet SAWS and denies the Qur'ans authenticity.

"You pertetually post articles that are founded upon falshood, which u take littel pride in refuting or warning the audience."

Please go to the specific post you are referring to and tackle the issues there.

1. To praise certain Ulama and elevate their status.

I dont enjoy absurdity, perhaps I did not make myself clear before but unlike you I maintain a distinct CREED that is inline with the quran and sunnah upon understanding of the salaf us salah; who are the saved sect(alfirqa an-najiyah). Those who hold and disseminate corrupt aqeeda are susceptible to disparagement and intellectual critique in accordance with Kitab and Sunnah. In a broader level, Every muslim praises and elevates Islam, they do so with reasonable cause. Their distinct position and available evidence allows them to assert dominance over other faith. Do they Feel your sting? You know as well as anyone, Islam dismembered into numerous sects whom one is saved. They in turn profess dominates. I suspect your not one who entertains the idea of "Al Haaq"(the truth) being divisible.

Ina Lilahi wa ina Ileyhi Rajicun. I have said time and again on these boards, I'm not a Salafi like you, neither am I a Shi'a like OG Girl and Mutakalim. I'm simply a Muslim as Allah SWT has referred to is in Suratul Ma'idah. Do you have a problem with that? Isn't it enough to be a Muslim nowadays or must I have to have some secterian affiliations?

Simply NO. NO one denies the title ITSELF, even Irshad Mandji whom you’ve levelled claims the title, but for argument's sake lets say its sufficient.As a Muslim what would your position be here;

1. The Whereabouts of Allah(where is Allah)

2. Does Allah posses literal hands, Eyes..ect

3. If for example, I as a Muslim claimed to know the future, would you denounce me as a heretic?

4. What does your islam say about calling upon the dead souls for assistance

Stop hiding behind Nur because he has disagreed with you on many occasions when you have slandered other scholars and he also disagreed with you about referring yourself as a Salafi. I have much respect for bro Nur and although we disagree on certain occasions, no love is lost between us.

NUR and I share the same CREEDO. We may not see eye to eye on certain issues, atleast they are open to disagreements. On the concept of tawheed and aqeeda we differ NOT. Do u not deny the killing of an apostate? Do you not deny Allah possess physical hands? While I disgree with Nur, at times on trivial issues, you disagree with him on the mere concept of Tawheed(the essence of islam). As for the Title Salafi and his preference of Ahlul Sunnah wa jama’ca, akin to the northerners saying, “Laxoox†and the southern’s â€Canjayloâ€. We still hold the same torch.

I did jump on your throat a couple of times when you were "eating the flesh" of certain Ulama. That is a very deviant act! I also confronted NGONGE when he posted an article of a homosexual who insults the Prophet SAWS and denies the Qur'ans authenticity.

This is the point you’re consistently evading. why is it that you are still kicking the same can? Explain to me why Irshad earns your wrath and these other individuals who oppose

MY understanding of islam are sheltered from my critique? Isnt this hypocritical? Isn’t Halal to speak ill of those who propagate innovations? Have you made it Haram? Tell us what Allah and His messenger say about backbiting the innovators?

Im getting sea sick, are you?

Viking   

Originally posted by Salafi da'wa:

I maintain a distinct CREED that is inline with the quran and sunnah upon understanding of the salaf us salah; who are the saved sect(alfirqa an-najiyah).

- The saved sect that made growing a beard and congregation prayers obligatory?

- The saved sect that is the protector of a monarchy and defends despotic leaders as long as they pray?

- The sect that has undone most of the work done by the Prophet SAWS in the views of women. (saying that their voice is cawra, they should wear ninqab, the yshouldn't work etc.)

- The sect that calls anyone who disagrees with them heretics. This has led to great rifts within Islam in the guise of "following the Qur'an and the Sunnah".

I'm gald I'm not in your "saved" sect because even the Khawarij had similar views and everyone knows how wrong they were.

You know as well as anyone, Islam dismembered into numerous sects whom one is saved.

How naive are you? Did you know that EVERY sect claims to be right? Why else would they believe what they do? I will never follow a sect that protects despotic regimes - the symptom of your sect is the state of Saudi Arabia. The monarchies are in Europe binge drinking, chasing around white women while you call them "the Guardian of the two shrines". In reality, they are the lovers of the three "B's" (Blondes, Booze and Baccarat). But as it said on your creed's list, they should be left to rule as long as they pray!

As a Muslim what would your position be here;

Allah SWT is on the Carsh, but only a literalist would think that it is a physical place.

Literalists (like those belonging to your sect) claim that Allah SWT actually has physical limbs. Allah SWT attributes to Himself two types of qualities...

a) Qualities that are easy for us to understand i.e. Power, Speech, Knowledge, Justice etc.

b) The second group of qualities are the Sifaat-Mutashabihat; they are allegorical and NOT literal. Attributes like face, soul, hands, throne etc fall into this category.

3. If for example, I as a Muslim claimed to know the future, would you denounce me as a heretic?

I would help you get in touch with a psychiatry department after I have evaluated your claims.

4. What does your islam say about calling upon the dead souls for assistance

My islam says that you ask Allah SWT directly for anything, but that doesn't necessarily mean that people can not ask on your behalf. I'm of course referring to people who are alive.

NUR and I share the same CREEDO. We may not see eye to eye on certain issues, atleast they are open to disagreements. On the concept of tawheed and aqeeda we differ NOT.

I have read bro Nur's posts for almost four years and I haven't seen him cursing a group Sunni scholars or calling them heretics. As long as I can remember, I have NEVER seen him claiming to belong to a saved sect called Salafi. Ask him if you doubt my words.

Do u not deny the killing of an apostate? While I disgree with Nur, at times on trivial issues, you disagree with him on the mere concept of Tawheed(the essence of islam).

I have never denied but I have questionned it because it has NOT been done during the time of the Prophet SAWS. At that time, Jews and others were pretending to convert to Islam in order to infiltrate them and cause havoc only to return to their beliefs later on. These are the ones that were put to death because they are committing high treason. I brought up the question and still waiting for bro Nur's response which he has been preparing.

As for the Title Salafi and his preference of Ahlul Sunnah wa jama’ca, akin to the northerners saying, “Laxoox†and the southern’s â€Canjayloâ€. We still hold the same torch.

Yeah right! Why pretend and make it a tomato-tomatoe issue? The term Ahlul-Sunna wal-Jamaaca was too broad for the Salafi so they coined a term that distinguished them from the mainstream Muslims whom they thought were moslty heretical. Salafi/Wahabi are those who follow the interpretations of ibn Taymiya and later revived by AbdulWahhab al-Najdi. Maybe we should get your mate Sahal so that you can discuss this issue with him, he is the expert on the subject!

Explain to me why Irshad earns your wrath and these other individuals who oppose

MY understanding of islam are sheltered from my critique? Isnt this hypocritical? Isn’t Halal to speak ill of those who propagate innovations? Have you made it Haram? Tell us what Allah and His messenger say about backbiting the innovators?

Irshad Manji is a self-professed homosexual who questions the morality of the Prophet SAWS and denies the authenticity of the Qur'an. Which Islamic sect does this?? I have not made anything haraam or halaal, your ilk are known (just like the Khawariij) to call everyone who doesn't agree with them heretics. And that is what I dislike.

If you want to know what Allah SWT says about those who 'backbite' then you should refer to Surah Al-Humazah.

From my understanding,Alhamdulillah not biased as such, I have some information from the thread:

1.Some fellows have no understanding of basic ISLAMIC teachings like Shahaadada/prayers/zakat/Hajj/Saum.

2.Some don't even know what shirk is.

3.Some fellas will assume that all they know is what people are supposed to know.If you know about Madhabs..as they are 4 in ISLAM...some will continue adding some foreign teachings and things which are termed 'Bidcah in ISLAM'...addition and subtractions in islam.

4.That some issues the Prophet s.a.w used to teach against like finding yourself believing your Father's religion irrespective of the correct religion is widely practised.

5.Some don't even know what they are talking about in accordance to some ISLAMIC issues related to jurisprudence(Strict teachings).

6.Some don't have enough parental ethics to talk freely or discuss with others maturely.

7.Others pretend to know some discussions on very serious or bigger topics that are supposed to be discussed by ulamaa ul ISLAM..and hence go ahead and reply them assuming they are correct.

8.Many people have never known there was no Sunni/Shia during prophet mohamed's time.all muslims were same..The prophet even said used to say..'the best among you is the one who fears HIM'.

9.Some teachings wanted to introduce dynasties in ISLAM..yacni immediately the prophet died..they wanted his son or great grandson..or someone related to him to continue with the islam kingdom..following examples like other non-islamic kingdoms(the Romans/Persian empires).

10.Some even started assuming God can make mistakes and he needs to be corrected "sometimes".Acudhu billah

11.many have decided it is a fight to the end of the world between The different political parties..Sunni/Shia..and there is no room for political settlement and hence no room for understanding to the CORE ISLAMIC teachings.

12.Some fellas know they are doing all this to the detriment of ISLAM and just go ahead coz they assume 'even our fathers used to do same'.

13.Some have no relation to ISLAM and interchange all islamic theories/stories and histories to match other people's history..like Jesus recited to his people as a young kid..and dissappeared not to be seen until the day of judgement to relate to some other fellows.

14.Some are mistranslating The HOLY QURAAN ayahs without due consideration to Blasphemy.

15.I know there are some pure muslims who have their religion in their hearts, some munafiqs who are making some conflicting issues, some Good people who were confused in between.

16.Pure muslims will agree a lot.Non muslims will always disagree with muslims.

am sorry wallahu aclam. smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

Viking   

bint,

Their beliefs generally do vary from the Sunni traditions that most of us were brought up with but I don't think I'm knowledgable enough to have a clear opinion on it or say they are deviants etc. One has to understand something properly before passing judgement.

Theologian Viking writes;

The second group of qualities are the Sifaat-Mutashabihat; they are allegorical and NOT literal. Attributes like face, soul, hands, throne etc fall into this category.

So these are mere metaphors and NOT real attributes, Syed Viking? If yes, how did you arrive that conclusion?

- The saved sect that made growing a beard and congregation prayers obligatory?

- The saved sect that is the protector of a monarchy and defends despotic leaders as long as they pray?

- The sect that has undone most of the work done by the Prophet SAWS in the views of women. (saying that their voice is cawra, they should wear ninqab, the yshouldn't work etc.)

- The sect that calls anyone who disagrees with them heretics. This has led to great rifts within Islam in the guise of "following the Qur'an and the Sunnah". I'm gald I'm not in your "saved" sect because even the Khawarij had similar views and everyone knows how wrong they were.

Viking,

another organized evasion uh, you chose to ignore the point of an argument by raising irrelevant distinctions and objections; Saxib Your approval was not sough, NOR was this the topic. Like you my dear fellow, everyone legitimazes or seeks to justify their criticism. The question still remains, what makes your criticism legitimate and others deviant?

NUr and i share the same creed, albeit he has not posted anything on the innovators/innovation save the SHias and sufies, he however holds that warning against the people of innovation is a noble branch of the islamic creed. The principal of warning and backbiting the people of innovation is something we both hold in high-estem. Our differences lies betwen who is and whose not...

Allah SWT is on the Carsh, but only a literalist would think that it is a physical place.

Literalists (like those belonging to your sect) claim that Allah SWT actually has physical limbs. Allah SWT attributes to Himself two types of qualities...

a) Qualities that are easy for us to understand i.e. Power, Speech, Knowledge, Justice etc.

b) The second group of qualities are the Sifaat-Mutashabihat; they are allegorical and NOT literal. Attributes like face, soul, hands, throne etc fall into this category.

Obviously your comprehesion conflicts with Nur and myself in terms of tawheed(the essence of islam) the most powerful element that every single prophet came with. No need to justify your stands,(merely stating the obvious)

Peace be upon us all,

It's funny to see that the "salafi" issue has been brought back to life here again when the title of the thread clearly pertains to Shiites. My fellow bretheren, when I read your posts, it seems as though you're biting each other's heads off! Subhaanallaah, where is the hikmah? Do we not know that in Islaam, we deal with the sincere seeker of knowledge in the best of manners, and we should avoid the ignorant ones (those who are extremely stubborn and unwilling to listen, even if the sweetest of words are uttered to them). Why have we become those who were referred to by Allaah SWT so often, those who "argue and quarrel about Allaah SWT without knowledge?"

I will urge you my dear bretheren (particularly Salafi da'wah and Viking) to take a step back and re-read your posts. Even if you ARE right (although most of you have almost no sense of impartiality whatsoever), do you really think that was the correct way to speak to a fellow brother or sister? Change your tone, and you will see a difference in the reaction of your brother. Don't you know that Allaah SWT has said:"And not alike are the good and the evil. Repel (evil) with what is best, when lo! he between whom and you was enmity would be as if he were a warm friend!" (41:34).

I hope that we will fear Allaah SWT and propagate his deen in the best of manners.

I will also advise our bretheren to follow the example of bint abee saeed, who--despite the fact the she openly has her opinions--doesn't forcefully impose them on others and refrains from commenting on matters which aren't known to her. Unfortunately, this board is full of brothers and sisters from different sects that so ardently believe they are upon the right path, and propagate their message in a very forceful and literarily violent fashion. Let's take a step back, and exchange our knowledge in the most objective and civilized of ways.

One last thing: brother Viking, you have a very twisted view of salafiyyah. Although almost every Islamic sect/movement (or whatever you wish to call it) has their fair share of shortcomings, the salafiyah were not the first ones to declare the following:

1) Obligation of the beard for Muslim men (and the shaving of their mustaches).

2) Obbligation for Muslim men to attend congregational prayers (if and only if they are at a distance such that they can hear the aadhaan. Scholars are divided as to how that should be applied here in the West, but in countries where the aadhaan is called in the open, there is no difference of opinion).

Brother, these things are so obvious that I won't bother giving you ahaadeeth (because I fear that you may ask me for the general picture of the issue instead of picking and choosing ahaadeeth. And I would respect you if you asked me for the clearer picture and the complete pool of evidence pertaining to these issues. But since we're both not scholars, I will advise you to see what the overwhelming majority of the classical scholars have said regarding these two issues). It's common knowledge brother (but liberal/progressive Muslims have taught us otherwise). These are also a matters agreed upon by the 4 schools of jurisprudence (and not specific to the salafiyah).

As for the salafiyah being a movement that supports despots such as the Saudi kings, I don't know the stance of the salafiyah and thus wish to not comment. In fact, since you're more familiar with this issue than I, will you be so kind to enlighten me in this matter (for the sake of not going off topic and having slander matches with each other, I'd rather discuss this in privately brother, for I do not want to cause fitnah. Our aim is to make piece between our bretheren and bridge the gaps rather than constantly denounce one another). I also hope that you will elucidate the differences between the present-day Saudi hereditary dynasty, and all of the other Islamic dynasties (such as the Ottomans, Abbasids, Ummayads [with the notable exception of Uman bin Abdul Aziz] and Safavids)that "hid" behind Islam just like the Saudis.

I hope that you will all take my advice seriously: deal with your brethen with kindness, and avoid the ignorant ones inshaAllah. Allaah SWT said:

"And hold fast, all together, by the rope which Allah (stretches out for you), and be not divided among yourselves; and remember with gratitude Allah's favour on you; for ye were enemies and He joined your hearts in love, so that by His Grace, ye became brethren; and ye were on the brink of the pit of Fire, and He saved you from it."

Wassalaamu calaa manittabacal hudaa

Originally posted by Aristote:

Peace be upon us all,

"And hold fast, all together, by the rope which Allah (stretches out for you), and be not divided among yourselves; and remember with gratitude Allah's favour on you; for ye were enemies and He joined your hearts in love, so that by His Grace, ye became brethren; and ye were on the brink of the pit of Fire, and He saved you from it."

^^^was simply trying to say..there is nothing called ..Shiism/Sunnism/Wala Sufism and Salafism..All of us are muslims and 'us'LEARNED'muslims must seek some education and do research to limit our gaps and differences..ur prophet was Mohamed(saw),Our Holy Quraan was one..our Sahabas were all accepted during prophet's Time(Infact all of them..I don't know what happened after the prophet) and lastly our Tawheed(which is paramount)was one.

Now let me ask one question...

Was the Prophet(saw)talking to Ali only or was this Hadeeth General to all muslims(as Sayidna Ali was an amiirul muuminiin after the other calipha).

"Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)&HP said to Imam Ali (as) "None loves you except a believer, and none hates you except a hypocrite." Narrated by Muslim, al-Nasa'i, and Ahmad" smile.gifsmile.gif

Assalaamu Calaykum:

Dear Rendez-vous, let's not be romantic or idealistic. There ARE such things as shiism and sunnism, if you want to call it that. There is sectarianism in Islaam, and that is quite unfortunate. The harsh reality of things is that we (sunnis and shiites) are different, but we think that our sect or group is the saved sect. That is the mentality of a blind follower (salafis included, there are many of them who are blind, whether they like it or not).

I will give all of you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you're all critical thinkers. In that case, you mustn't impose your opinions on others. We are not learned, and what little knowledge we may have is used to formulate OUR opinion on various matters; thus, as objective people, we must always recognize that there is another side (or view) to most issues. Unless we're discussing specific Islamic principles such as the compulsory nature of Salaah, or the oneness of Allaah SWT, you MUST ALL realize that there is usually a split between the scholars on an enormous range of issues. Moreover, these issues may be minor (such as differences between schools of Islamic jurisprudence: ex. Shafi vs. hanafi differences) where both sides recognizes their differences, and they still see themselves as being inside the fold of ahlus-sunnah. Other issues are major, such as the question of Allaah's SWT nature (and His whereabouts). These differences are very real, and we must discuss them with great delicacy whilst keeping in mind the severe limitations of our knowledge. And when we discuss these issues, we shouldn't be one sided, and most importantly, we must always go back to our scholars (I'm not talking about Albani and co., but I'm talking about great scholars of repute such as Imaam Zuhri, Ibn Hajar al Asqalani, Imaam Nawawi, etc... and the list goes on and on). Of course, I don' mean to take anything away from Shaykh Albani, but he's a contemporary scholar, and when discussing issues as important as Tawheed and other Islamic PRINCIPLES (not petty issues), we must refer back to the Sahabah and the CLASSICAL (not contemporary) scholars.

Therefore, let's not be romantic inshaa Allaah, there are brothers and sisters from different groups, each carrying their opinion. What is important is avoiding the road of ignorance by presenting opinion as fact, or being opinionated rather than seeking the concensus or the CLASSICAL scholars (not just one or two of them, but MANY of them). I hope I was a bit clearer.

Remember to respect one another inshaa Allaah, because slander matches only show how disgustingly biased one may be.

Wassalaamu calaa manit-tabacal hudaa!