Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Interview with Minister of Land and Settlement [Moulid Macane]

I mean, some of them pray at the mosque five times and have read religious books

Walal the "wadaads" are still entittled to their qabil and have a duty to their qabil and its interst. I learned this at a young age when a "shocking" inncident accured between me and a "wadaad." smile.gif

Xoogsade   

Xiinka, How nice of you to pray for the lost soul saxib :D At least you are not that bias as to keep me out of your prayer. As for me having a habit to confuse issues, may be my priorities are different from yours and that is where the conflicting views and alleged confusion comes from. You care about stolen property, rightfully so, but I also care about the safety and security people should have from potential tyranny that if left unchecked in its infancy can cause more harm than good. The means A/Y proposed to achieve the goals stated are questionable. And just because he wants to do something right doesn't mean his ways must be crooked or outright violent. He does it the right way or he doesn't. Those are the issues here.

Nomadic activist

I used to hear some saying in Somali that went "Fiqi tolkii kama janno tago". Look no farther saaxib, Xiinfaniin is the Fiqi lool.

Rahima   

Rahima, if people can prevent an impending injustice to materialize, they shouldn't give up trying sis. It is in their interest to avoid anymore damaging internal conflicts at the behest of a corrupt organization.

Ideally of course, to expect is just but realistically it won’t happen when evil people (be it CY or Caato) have more power than you. I hate being pessimistic but I’m not waiting for wonders, if they can even achieve the basics they have outlived and outperformed what I believe they are capable of.

I mean, some of them pray at the mosque five times and have read religious books, yet they are very supportive of A/Y invading if he could(which he can't) Mogadishu where it is guaranteed people will die. If they have such disregard for their faith, surely, they have no claim to deceny and lack respect in the eyes of many and should stop wasting their time justifying what can not be justified. End of story.

I have yet to come across any religious (not the pseudo type) who supported this man before his election (they were even campaigning against it be it with financial support or through ducas)-afterwards they have supported the government for it is in accordance with the Islamic teachings. Supporting such a criminal and claiming to be religious is really nothing more than an oxymoron. Good people do not support evil people; likewise evil people do not support good people, that is why a bunch of evil people elected one of their own. Often in this forum you read such and such a warlord betrayed his people and I can only but smile, for in my opinion they have stepped up to the plate and cemented their loyalties to all things corrupt and evil. Ultimately they have fallen victim to their animalistic ways, which is their doctrine, and they have remained true to it- I don’t see any betraying.

Xiin,

I’m not sure how you came to conclude what you’ve written (I assume that was rhetorical questioning), but contrary to the grandeur misguided beliefs of some people, I do believe to put it plainly that anything in the case of Somalia is better than nothing ;) . Having said that, it is only because of this principal I support the government. Even the nabi scw instructed that we work with people (even the kufaar) so long as they are doing good, therefore if in a position to do so I’d most probably do the same in this situation, however I don’t believe that justice will be achieved and I don’t expect this government to do wonders. This my brother in my opinion is not factored alone by opposition but simply because of the nature and character of the men in charge-evil people cannot deliver justice, that was my point to Xoogsade and hence waiting for our government to perform all that which we hope for is to delude ourselves.

Bottom line is I don’t feel that any attempts made by this government to retrieve stolen property is going to go smoothly or undo injustice, rather it might take one step towards justice and then some back again. I expect so much of this government (as I have a right to), but realistically speaking I don’t foresee it happening.

The issue is not people who sold their properies or some who have been spared because they happen to have "God fearing" people who look after those properties. The issue is for those who occupy land and property and who gained it through the "gun".

God I’m so tired of this BS. It’s almost like he believes he is conversing with a bunch of I-d-I-o-t-s. Duke, we know what the issues are so please for the love of the Almighty drop this tiresome spokesman role you’ve taken on like it is a government which represents you more than it does I (or do you believe that?).

This was beside the point and yes before you go on with the tirade again I have a right to my opinion. Like a broken record here i go again, I just don’t think that evil people and criminals (which in my books you still are unless you have repented and reformed your ways-which some of our government has not) can execute justice. I don’t expect a rapist to come down hard on another rapist, nor do I expect a murderer to come down hard on another murderer and in the case of Somalia I don’t expect one group of warlords (turned President and MPs) to come down hard on another lot of warlords and pretend to execute justice on my behalf. I don’t buy into this for each man is serving his own purpose and that sure as heck is not to better Somalia or serve the people they lead rather it is to further their own selfish objectives. This is what differs between the sincere ‘GOD FEARING’ people and corrupt individuals. Having said all that though I still support it because like I said something is better than nothing.

Now I’m not in the mood to argue so go ahead and twist it anyway. Have a nice day smile.gif

Originally posted by Xoogsade:

I used to hear some saying in Somali that went "Fiqi tolkii kama janno tago". Look no farther saaxib,
Xiinfaniin
is the Fiqi lool.

Loooool.Waraa waa i dhammeysay. Laakiin no to the extend that I am using the fiqh to highlight the injustices and not to obscure it.

Bakar   

Q: How do you plan to go about this?

A: We cannot absolutely force the people to give up the occupied land seized by gunmen. The solution is to use the traditional method to convince the person and to use traditional leaders to tell the occupier that he must leave the land. We cannot force them or use guns to get them to leave occupied land. We want to use our own traditional methods to vacate the land occupied by gunmen in Somalia.

What traditional method does he think be implemented? I gather we no longer honour our respective method whether it would be “Xeer†or what have you: those days are gone.

Faatixadii laqadan jirey waydhamatey. Maant ninkaad ku tiraahdid war qofyahow faatixada qaado kuna har ilaahaga, waxa lagu arka inaad qob moos u dhigeysid.

Xoogsade   
Xiinfaniin, aniga maa iigu duur xulee warkaaga intiisa dambe? lol. You are cool tribalist. I know you wouldn't hang me for belonging to the infamous :D