Sign in to follow this  
xiinfaniin

Peace Caravan v1.1: The coming of the Somali Republic!

nuune   
Le Boombalo, sxb there is always hope, laa taqnadhuu min raxmatillaahi, mar unbey naxariista Eebe iyo nabad galyo nagu soo dagi doontaa ee rajada ha oowdin adigu!

AYOUB   

Still having willing partners at the command posts helps reduce the violence to tolerable levels.

All signs indicate that we got two major players who are willing to strike a deal. Inna Yussuf is in a pressure cooker. Shariif has a point to prove. They both have a political price to gain if they prove that peace is possible. The model Shariif and Inna Yussuf adopted as the main framework for lasting peace and political reconciliation is not the perfect model.

Baashi I hope the Nobel Peace Prize panel read that. smile.gif If likes of General Rabin could win it for their endeavours in the Middle East, why not Colonel Yusuf for his similarly remarkable push for peace in the Horn of Africa?

#When will there be a harvest for the warlord?#

Originally posted by La Bombonera:

You and Xinn, are both the immemorial owners of half-truths and rank hypocrisy.

Those ^^are words of an angry and broken man! It’s sad the brother felt the need to conclude his argument with a load of insults!

You can be livid with Ina Yusuf and remain grieve-stricken as long as you want adeer. But there is a growing need for Somalia to move on. And move on she must!

N.O.R.F   

Xiin,

Whats the score with regard to the agreement signed back in June? The one that clearly stated a timetable for withdrawal with UN troops replacing the Ethios. Is it null and void?

N.O.R.F   

^Excuse my ignorance saxib. I thought the agreement was signed back then and the wheels were set in motion mise I got caught up in the optimism? I will have to revisit the wording.

lool@ caught up in the optimism.

The final agreement was not signed. There has been lower level meetings since then to flesh out the security and political detialis. There will be a meeting in Jabbuuti this month i heard.

Marka kacbada lagu duceysto baa heshiisku dhaqangelayyaa adeer...

che, there is imtixaan here adeer. These are prety obvious stuff!

Paragon   

Originally posted by ilax:

Xiin your peace caravan is neither moving nor have any strength at all. So far less effect on the ground, only on a political grapevine. However, Sheik Sharif has long way to go to get the lost peace back on the track. War nin yahaw rajada badan waa lagu lumaaye inoo yaree.

Maskin, Welcome saaxiib, here you go, get on board and gear up a posative shift on the debate.

Thanks, Miskin. Good point sxb.

N.O.R.F   

Che,

Xiin's intentions I have no problem with. It was his optimism.

Xiin,

Why so long to sign the agreement? Excuse my ignorance. Politics waan ka nastay baryahan.

^I like how you say 'excuse my ignorance'..LooooL...Xiin rabtaa inaad ka hadal siisid. On different note, NGONGE says you become Kulmiye's chair in Dubia. Xaa ka jira?

North, if you are having problem with optimism, you really do have a problem !

Look bro, lets not get lost in the fringe discussions of getting to a peace agreement. If you agree with the drive for peace between major Somali factions then how long it takes is just one minor factor in that big equation adeer.

What I was trying to shoot down is the notion of counting down one particular clause in the Jabbuuti agreement, and declaring the whole thing dead. That’s just not so saaxiib! The reason it takes so long is precisely because the nature of the Somali conflict: mistrust and deep divisions plus external meddling and interference. And we will overcome insha Allah!

Baashi   

Xiinoow folks can not stomach the call for peaceful resolution to this bloody conflict. That's it. How else could you explain the constant chaps uttered by the cyber warraiors. Defeat them in the battle ground or engage them weeye hadalku. Halla dirriro dagaal waxaan ahayn daawo lagu waa is nomadic philosophy whose time has come to an end. Let's be lil civilized and do biz with our enemies and give our next gen a fighting chance to live in stable and peaceful Somalia.

LB,

Yours is pure nonsense and you know it! You are all over the screen buddy. Focus on the ball, will ya. Looks like all your critiques have been addressed and frankly even preempted. On Inna Yussuf and the TFG he leads, awoowe I share your disdain. On TFG’s and its weaknesses, Ethiopian leverage over its policy and militia, that too has been acknowledged. What are you on?

On the reconciliation push, I said that the chances of success in this effort are slim. I even touched upon the fact that accord reached by the two leading figures alone won’t cut it so long they are short on the delivery track.

What are you against mister? That folks are exploring ways and means to bring closure to this prolonged and costly conflict!! Or are you fond of the mayhem and carnage -- an orgy of violence as William James would have put it? Awoowe I don’t share your jingoism and your call for misguided holy war!

If it is the end of “occupation” that you want, awoowe deliver it for me and you will find me cheering for the glorious boys who kicked butt. Just make sure it is quick and the cost is as low as reasonably possible. Can’t do it! Is the bar too high? Well, let’s explore other more reasonable venue. We may fail. That is possible. But try we must.

The somali republic has died a slow excruciating death a long time ago.

There is a real apathy, and lack of unity from the young to the old about somalia and it's future, and no hippie LSD driven peace caravan is gonna change that. The sooner you understand that reality the better.

The way forward is separate regions with autonomy and perhaps somewhere down the line out of economic necessity more than anything else there will be a somali republic.