Sign in to follow this  
Modesty

I'm not Somali, I'm a Somalilandeeeeer

Gabbal   

Ah such peace and tranquility I have to say! keep it up nomads icon_razz.gif

Somaliland-- is former british Somaliland-- its citizens are Somalilanders.

Technically Somaliland was the name used for ALL the Somali inhabited areas and was used both for the British proctecterate as well as the Italian colony.

British Somaliland + Italian Somaliland = Somalia (with the formal name of The Somali Republic

AYOUB   

Originally posted by HornAfrique:

The only difference I noticed was you are fighting for Somali unity, while your opponents are using the unfortunate circumstance of the occupation of Somali Galbeed to further their political cause.

Originally posted by HornAfrique:

Your intentions are good sis, but I think you need to do a tiny bit more research
smile.gif

Do you have to jump in (head first) whenever and wherever some 'patriot' gets their knickers in a twist? :D

Baashi   

Xarago,

You have a point there. Will just do that and it will be all good. Alla xisaabta iyo dooda dhex mari doonta waqooyi vs. koonfur yaa dhexdhexaadin doona :D Wey hagaagi oo si un bey noqon doontaa.

War jiraa cakaaro buu iman. True.

Xarago   

Mida kale walal Basho waxan intaas kugu darey hadi qolodinaan reer Puntland aad ka weysan C/llahi Yusuf madaxtinimada lagu so doranayo Dofarey, hadalkiina ma ki hodhe ayu ahaney oo Somaliweyn doon mise dib ayaad dabada ula so noqon doonta Puntland oo qilafki iyo is jidh-jidhki ayaad halki kasi wadi doontan?

Hadal kaan wax ka odho hada si aan meel ugu qodho oo aan beri kuso saro.

Baashi   

Xarago, Waxay u badan tahay in khilaaf iyo is-jiidku meeshiis laga miisi doona hadii Corneylku wax soo waayo.

Abaayo waxaad fahantaa in dadkeenaa halka ku doodayaa aaney waxba gacanta ugu jidhin. Kolay PL waxaa ku hor kaadsha ninkaa Inna Yusuf la leeyahay sidiisana dadka lamaba tashado hadii ra'yi lagu siyaadiin lahaana dadka ma wada dhagetso ee in yar oo sacabka u tunta yuu la kalaamaa. Marka sidii ay la noqoto yey u badan tahay in lagu dhaqaaqo.

Mida kale, annigu ra'yigeyga iyo sidey ila tahay yaan wax u cabirayaa oo cidna ma matalo. Inta badan kaftan dhable yaan fikradeyda ku dhiibtaa. Hadde waxii ka danbeeyaa abaayo Baashi ahaan ii la hadal oo ha ii addressgareen qof qareen u ha PL. Annigu waxa aan aaminsanahay waa midnimo. Waayadan danbe wax lagu qoslo yey noqotay waana fahmi karaa sababta saa ka dhigtay. Marka dooda Somaliweyn anniga yaa kaa qancineya hadii mad-madow kaaga jiro. Sideedana ma ahan in hadii aad fikir aamin san tahay in macnaheedu yahay in aad neceb tahay kuwa aan kula wadaagin ra'yigaaga.

Wabilaahi towfiiq.

NGONGE   

Now what did you call us anti-Somaliland! No. I prefer anti-secession label if you know what I mean the connotation of the anti-Somaliland infers is not something that I wanna deal with. Here in America the Republicans (Fox TV) deviced this brilliant label America haters, terrorist appeasers and so on.

They don't like to put their cards on the table and engage in meaningful discussion so they shut the critics off by sensationalizing the topic. Don't do that sxb

We’re playing with semantics here, saaxib. Fine, call it anti-secession and lets take out all the unfortunate connotations (unintended on my part by the way).

We still didn’t move on with the subject, we’re still going on about the legitimacy of Somaliland. We both know we’re not in agreement on this point. I’m asking you to woo me, sell the idea of Somalia to me. Others can join in too if they like. What I’m tired of is the same old discussion about Somaliland. You’re right and we’re wrong, you’re wrong and we’re right, etc....

Can anyone tell me what happens next? :mad:

Xarago   

Next is we wait untill the southerners solve their house as we did in the north. Then we will talk whether the unity they so make it sacred is valid. At the moment we have 8 presidents in Mogadishu, a regional dictatorial regime in northeast that is making all waves to destabalize S/land on tribal grounds (note not on nationalistic motives). And a World which wont recognise the secession of S/land untill the two parties that formed it are established and in order ( you dont have to be genius to figure out the one that is currently decadence).

In the mean time anaguna nolosheen ayan iska sidhisaneyna ayaguna tuuryada ha wadan. Illah waxan ugu baryay in uu maslaaxo ka so sadho Nairobi oo ay noqoto midi ay konfur ku degi laheyd, dacdarada kuma dawan kadhno.

Xoogsade   

My feelings about Somalilanders going their separate ways changed over the years. But before I say it, I like to suggest to some individuals including Xarago, to see the sincerity of others in hoping that when the time comes, and Order is established in the South(the main priority now), All somalis should stay together as one. I understand Somalilanders consider this talk of unity with others as a prerequisite for Domination by Southerners Again. then the Question becomes(and this is in the future), Will the The northerners/Somalilanders negotiate with a harmonious, coherent, united in its objective South to make a deal to save the historic emotional bond between people of the same ethnicity? or will they(as evident from some of the forumers here) decide to go it alone? And what happens if they stick to their Ambition of a separate state?

For some somalis, this will be a blow, a betrayal visited upon them, an emotional event that will leave them embittered for ages to come. For others like me, though I will not be joyous about it, I will understand that someone who doesn't want to stay with you for better or for worse, Should be let go. To each his Own destiny. I wish I could add with no "Contact" to express my disappointment with a brother who called it quits when he shouldn't. But I Know that won't work and is against my islamic Beliefs. I would argue this is against islam, to devide families and Muslims, to devide an islamic country based on names given by christian men who invaded the country in the first place. But islam has no hand in this. And people actually use islam itslef to justify devision and hate. So what we are left with is the Ultimate choice of Separation instead bloodletting and creating more animosity again.

And my conclusion is, SO BE IT(Secession).

Qudhac   

xoogsade

what you sxb said was commendable as it takes guts to see the reality on the ground compared to some others who confused whats reality today and what we somalilanders poineered and planted in their hearts and since to this day they have done nothing but stamp on that dream. I dont know why you guys are getting the Pan Somali Nationalism that was needed over 40 years ago now, because i asked my self have people from south somalia learned patriosm after civil war, or have you guys just looked around and realised that all other somalis have packed their bags and left you alone to your distructive politics that destroyed every thing that was dear to somalis and you still using it on yourselfes to this day.

i cant help but feel that you guys were never really patriotic about somalia and to this day i dont believe you are because each persons patriosim seems to be a way to enlarge your lot on the expences of others.

so when you guys talk about patriosm and nationalism we see that as an irony in itself.

Gabbal   

Ayoub

Do you have to jump in (head first) whenever and wherever some 'patriot' gets their knickers in a twist?

I'm inclined to give moral support when I see fit :D

Ayoub if you ever need it, shout my name out icon_razz.gif

Baashi   

I have always advised others to be wary of giving uncritical support to the secession drive. Do I understand why some might feel passionate about this secession talk? Yes I do. I understand that it has something to do with the way past leadership managed the country. It also has to do with grievances and the sense of betrayal felt by most Somalis. It also has to do with negative tribalism and its ripple effect in the nomadic politik. Nevertheless I am dead against the secession for a reason.

Xoogsade I agree in part as to how the unity talk translates, for some, to domination and how it brings back bitter history. But brother if I understand you correctly you seem to be saying that you would like to see the country not dismembered and the only reason you reluctantly support the secession and separation is to save us from “bloodletting and creating more animosity again†since there are diehards (majority) who intend to keep the new Somaliland.

My question to you is how are you going to avoid the “bloodletting†if parts of what separatist call Somaliland call themselves Puntland and vow to keep their regions as part of Somalia. Wouldn’t it be better if we try to see both sides of the coin to understand the reality on the ground? If we do that we would realize that no matter where you stand on this divide (pro-unity vs. pro-secession), bloodletting is inevitable unless a deal is made. What kind of deal that suits to both sides' interest is negotiable and that’s what exactly is going to happen.

Now Ngonge, You asked what happens next? I assume you mean when this show in Nairobi ends and gets some sort of legitimacy from the powers that matter (US and EU). If that is what you meant, then I don’t know, as I don’t have a crystal ball. I think there will be a compromise between the leadership of the both sides and the new TNG will have the legitimacy leverage as stick and regional autonomy under the federal arrangement as a carrot on the table. You and all those who embraced this new identity will be disappointed by non other than your cureent leadership.

As to the sell it to me challenge, I’m afraid I won’t be successful in doing that as I know you have already dug a hole for yourself to wave the flag instead of staying away this "pointless" argument icon_razz.gif . And look at u now...you are in a defensive posture ready to strike each and every logical and rational salvo I send to your way :D . So why bother :D when repeating and hammering will do wonders and keep the SOL admin happy as it increases the traffic of their site. I feel sorry those who take this too seriously as if we have any power to influence the outcome of this delicate nomadic politics that give credence to the lineal segmentation and its relative political importance.

NGONGE   

Baashi,

I'm afraid you have not been reading my words, saaxib. Go back and read all my replies to this thread. This time though, leave your assumptions out and take the words as you read them. For if you read them with your opinions formed in advance you're bound to take them out of context.

You assume that I've dig my heels in and closed my mind! Far from it, saaxib. I have not lived in Somalia/Somaliland. I really learned the language in only the past few years so I don't have the emotional attachment that you and many others on here seem to have (Somalis or otherwise). However, I can still spot a futile discussion when I see one. Usually, you seem to be one with the tamest and more civilised responses on such topics. Others are not so clever. The discussions always turn into mud slinging and pointless arguments ( as they seem to have done on some parts of this thread). I've demonstrated that I can mud sling with the best of them. But I've also ended my post pleading with these guys to stop the rubbish and get serious. Didn't work, did it? Oh, never mind lets just move on again.

Crystal balls or not, you still can speculate as to what you think will happen in the future, saaxib. It is a political discussion after all. Some analysis and predictions need to be made. Otherwise, what makes us different to the illiterate old men sitting in Somali coffee shops all over the world and passing on their mostly rubbish views to all and sundry?

The recent events in Kenya didn't take place as a result of these sides insulting each other or repeating the same old tired arguments, they occurred because negotiations took place before hand, right? Now, you think you've come against a brick wall when it comes to those in favor of Somaliland being an independent country, don't you? Well, negotiate your way round it, saaxib. Woo them and me as I already said! After all, most of these threads are started by people who are pro unity. But all most of these people do is attack and criticise (this is not likely to yield the desired results, don't you agree?). I'm saying why not try a different tack, you never know, you might convert a few! icon_razz.gif

Like you said too, all this is hypothetical, our opinions and discussions will not have any influence on the events on the ground. So, let your hair down and speculate, saaxib. What do you have to lose? ;)