Sign in to follow this  
Modesty

I'm not Somali, I'm a Somalilandeeeeer

OG_Girl   

OK time out for both of you.

NGONGE,I will listen to you My dear ;) .

Let us back to the topic " اللهم صلي على سيدنا محمد ". You guys made me forgot what I wanted to say about the topic.

First let me say, I always try to avoid to use Islam as a tool to win my point of view. This is because most of our people use and abuse Islam, in order to change the whole discussion so that they can win it.

For us Muslims, Islam is a way of life and thus we cant differentiate it from our everyday life. Having said that, the reality of our everyday life is, we don’t apply Islam to our lives and seem to use it when it suits us only—hence we use and abuse it according to our interest. The use and abuse of Islam is not a new phenomenon, since it started with some of the early Sahabah and who turned the Khalifah after few years into kingdoms and in Islam there is no such thing as Kingdoms.

Seriously, do we really expect the warlords in Nairobi, to unite us and rule us in the name of Islam? I don’t think so and anyone in their right mind wont expect that to happen either. The reality of the ground in Somalia is a Muslim is killing a fellow Muslim and until we correct this, any discussion of Islam is pointless. The lack of application of Islam to our live is not unique to us Somalis as this is across the Islamic world. No single Islamic country today we could say uses Islam in its entirety.

Therefore, the discussion at hand here has nothing to do with Islam since both parties don’t practise Islam and so no justification could made to use Islam here to get a point across. Thus, we should stop involving Islam to this discussion and get on with it. The discussion here is one of nationalism/tribalism in nature and as such let us debate in that context. Even though people here might argue (until the cows come home or to their hearts desire), that both sides are Muslims and thus Islam ought to be part and parcel of our lives but unfortunately Islam is not part and parcel of our everyday lives; hence this discussion is beside the point in this framework.

In essence what I am trying to say is let stop using Islam for political gains and try and impress each other with it. I think when NGONGE said the following he is 100% right and hit the point home. “As is usual with SOL regulars, we’re all educated scholars and we dispense fatwa’s at will. All we need is to take a line from the holy book or the hadeeth and viola; we’ve got a fit for all fatwa.â€

PS. Salafi stop justifying the Saudi Kingdom to us in the name of Islam cause that no one would buy that from you (and wont sell), as Islam and Kingdoms are not compatibles. Thus all the Sheikhs you quoted to say the least their motivation is questionable!

Salam

^---- lol, kowayne....hmmm.....nice call,,,

i never denied being human and getting emotional....and i was first to say, i would get corrupted in this topic, my anger got the better of me!...

i aint gone shift all blame...i got my faults....

but im a stuburn somalian, and when provoked....God-help those who awoke the sleeping snake!

^^^^

but im a stuburn somalian, and when provoked....God-help those who awoke the sleeping snake!

Sleeping Snake loooooooooooool more like Sleeping KING KONG.... :D:D

Here is your mato from now on " she is nice, but you don't wanna see her mad" the incredibale HUNK's mato GREEEEEEEEEn GREEEEEEEEEEEEEn :D:D:D:D

asxantu

posted by OG_Girl

The use and abuse of Islam is not a new phenomenon, since it started with some of the early Sahabah and who turned the Khalifah after few years into kingdoms and in Islam there is no such thing as Kingdoms.

:mad: :mad: :

you have the nerve to speak about the Sahaba in a negative light and then seek unity upon islam! :mad: :mad: :mad:

:mad: i will let this one go for the sake of Allah cause maybe you just woke up! :mad:

Salafi stop justifying the Saudi Kingdom to us in the name of Islam cause that no one would buy that from you (and wont sell), as Islam and Kingdoms are not compatibles. Thus all the Sheikhs you quoted to say the least their motivation is questionable!

Og_girl justify the saudi kingdom to you? (lol) i couldnt give a rat's butt about a shia! or what they think, if it was up to me i would exile all shias fromm madinah and mecca! they dont belong there! ship them all to Karabala!

LANDER   

Originally posted by Baashi:

[QB]
Rahima

You’ve made an excellent point abaayo. Even though “they†the pro-secessionists want to apply selective reasoning and revisionist history to the subject at hand, you have managed to step back and see the big picture. Nevertheless, you seem to be giving contradicting signals. On the one hand, you seem to be at ease with the dismemberment of this poor, war-ravaged, backward, and semi-desert country. On the other hand, you have dismissed the secession as un-Islamic. It doesn’t add up! I see you have taken a refuge under the shades of the branches of weakness in that big tree of desperation. Be bold and make a firm and unshakable stand in this cyber room. Yes you have no power to make a difference, but you do have voice to opine what you know is right. You are knowingly and willingly lending your voice with what you said is un-Islamic. Stand by pro-union/Islamist qallanjo!

baashi,

saxiib I don't know if you realize at times the irony of some your views, Here you are speaking of neo-cons and extreme right wing in the united states and therefore I take it your on the left of the political spectrum over there, am I right? :D Keeping your political stance in US politics in mind, try and relate that to your somali political views for a second. Just think about it. If there had to be a right wing conservative view in somali politics it would be yours wouldn't it? after all you are trying to conserve the vestige of a long defunct state unwilling to embrace change in the political landscape you’ve grown accustomed to; often using words such as “THEY†those “pro-secessionist†in order to undermine the validity and the objectives of Somaliland. I here even Guelleh came up with a new name for us “Northern *** Clan†but that is beyond the point, and I wish I had time to further elaborate this hypocritical view many of us take and yet fail to notice including some friends of mine, but let me say this baashi: You are trying to preserve Somalia (or what once was Somalia) very much as George W.Bush is trying to preserve America and its current state of affairs. Ok perhaps I'm being a little harsh :D in that comparison due to the obvious contextual difference in your cases, but would you not agree that you both subscribe to conservative view points?

Sleeping Snake loooooooooooool more like Sleeping KING KONG....

Here is your mato from now on " she is nice, but you don't wanna see her mad" the incredibale HUNK's mato GREEEEEEEEEn GREEEEEEEEEEEEEn

shoobaro, loooooool, naah......i was angry, not mad.. God 4bid i get mad! (even im scared to see me mad! ;)

see what u get when u read too fast,,,,i understand your point now,,and sure ,,,if it comes back anytime soon, i'll join u on the revolution against injustice ;)

(hmm i was actually bussy staring @ tupac and wishing he werent dead and a somali--in fact he looks like a somali guy i know --in that close-up shot were he bites his lips..(u've just given me a bright idea :D:D:D ))