Sign in to follow this  
Modesty

I'm not Somali, I'm a Somalilandeeeeer

nuune   

Lets start again, eh?

Imagine that you’re talking to a fifteen-year-old boy from Somaliland! All he knows is Somaliland. Somalia to him is a foreign country. Now, try to sell your ideas to him.

anigu gabi ahaanba maba ka hadlo siyaasad iyo jinka la xiriira oo dhanba, jinka la xiirira oo dhanba, laakin NGONGE sxboow i have seen a 12 year old boy who was born in hargeisa, not just one little boy but many of them i have seen them in hargeysa, and to me the term SOMALIA seems to them as their country when asked, i never heard them saying iam somalilander or waxaa jira dad ajnabi oo soomaali ah, in fact, it is the big men who don't even like to hear the term SOMALIA in hargeysa and other parts of this Land, so my friend, put little boys aside, it is the old men who droped their nationality as somalis and became the EAST-TIMORE. macsalaamo

Curly   

This discussion as Ngonge clearly said, is pointless and ridiculous!

The starter of the topic is far from clued up on the whole issue to begin with, and that’s probably to do with (Dare I say) tribalist propaganda she’s been exposed to.

And sorry OG girl but I have to disagree with you this time dear, because I don’t see what the UN has to do with any of this! I’m not a believer in this sham they call democracy, so why should we wait around for them to acknowledge us like their opinion matters to us!

I don’t see the big deal in Somaliland separating themselves from the rest of Somalia, obviously if they can’t co-exist peacefully you have to opted to do (what I believe is right) and separate. But obviously we all live in hope that one-day that we’ll be able to settle our differences and unify.

But while the wounds are still sore, due to the hundreds of victims of war lost from both sides, I don’t think that anyone can question why Somaliland has chosen to declare themselves a country in their own right.

However, our opinions and what we see fit is not likely to have much effect on Somalia and Somaliland politics, so this whole discussion a frustratingly senseless and seems to be a never ending cycle, that I’m quiet frankly bored of!

With any luck this discussion will become uncultivable and then forgotten about as quickly as it was brought up.

:D

NGONGE   

^^^ ciisanta wale way dhuulaysa meya? ;)

The fifteen-year-old child was an example, sxb. The idea being, you’ll talk nicely to an innocent fifteen-year-old. Ala dadkeenan moran jicla. :mad:

This was directed at boolbaro not Sue. :D

Qudhac   

sullen

i pretty much agree with you on most things you have said, but you have to understand that these useless and futile argument are always started by the same people and their argument is always the same, they pretend they are talking about politics when in reality they are masking their tribilistic hatred that broods in them. these frustrated anti-somaliland cohorts have only one leisure activities and that is SOMALILAND they hardly ever talk about somalia (dont blame them really).

Their whole argument is always based on groundless mud slinging and cheap shots and when they told the harsh truth they pull their eyes out and run to SOMALINIMO and some phantom somali UNITY that has frankly never even existed.

OG_Girl   

NGONGE, thanks for the attention my old man smile.gif

All I was trying to refresh your mind and calm you down my dear. I haven't seen you so serious like this time.

Still you did not get my point from the cake my dear.

All I meant is (please note I am not against your people), World NOT rest of Somalia not ready other begger ...IS all about ecenomical issues nothing to do any thing else or hate for your noble people.

Every one knows Somalia is poorest country in Africa if not in the whole world!...so do you thing International Bank and these countries who gives help would be happy to have other begger to their doors?

PS: Good to know you were out from the shell long time ago...my bad I just noticed that :D

Salam

Curly   

Qudhac you’re right I’ve seen this one too many times on SOL…all those innocently stated board-line tribalist remarks masked with this pretence that what they really want is unity.

Well if its unity the want then wouldn’t it be more wise to stop attacking what we stand for and believe so strongly in?!

With remarks like, “Somaliland is not a country, its a phantom state†and

“I don’t think there is an adjective as such 'Somalilander'â€.

All I have to say to that is well if it isn’t in the “western†dictionary boo hoo, because if it exists in the minds of say even a few hundreds (forget thousands!) who are they to say otherwise?

Tomorrow they’ll question your religion, and then would you be so eager to believe them and forget what you believe in?

Qudhac   

OG

your argument always revolves around these nonesence organization such as Un world bank etc etc, do you really have hight regard to these innept organization who are only there to serve the intrest of the United States and few others. You seem hold their racist view of the of africa in very high regars.

for your Information somaliland is not begger and borrows no money from no world bank or so called UN, we are more than capable of of sustaining our country withought the so called world bank and others we have existed before these US spy organizations and we will after they long disapear.

so maybe instead its about time you stop holding these innept organization with such hight regard, as these same international company that you hold dear are the just a different face of the same coin who gave somali galbeed to the xabashi.

OG_Girl   

Sue, sorry I haven't seen your post dear.

I know my dear, we agreed to disagree, if you remember I told you whole this wont add any thing to my life, If Somaliland became country or not.

For democracy part, there is NO such, the world today is just intrest NO place for emotionals my friends in Somaliland having.

If one of world power have any intrest in Somalia in general things wouldn't go like this 14 years now and I don't even see would change soon.

Is just pointless discussion and we ALL know that... BUT still we chose to divide our Cake and NOT even want to share our brother cause I am the "Majority" in my region attitude.

Qurac: came down adero... I am just trying to open your eyes NO more no less.

just think bigger picture is that a crime??

Salam

Baashi   

Aduunyo! War maxaa kuu baxay :D

Ngone what a disappointment :D At least Sue sees a light at the end of the tunnel. Look guys what you don't take into account is there is PL (a new reality on the ground as well), there will be Somalia (Wish us luck :D ) that sees Hargeisa as part of its domain (whether that is right or wrong, it is something we have to reckon). There are also something called International order and so far it agrees with choatic and anarchic Somalia (imagine Somalia that has a stable government).

On the other hand, you have a part of Somaliland the region (not a country yet mind you), the absolutists who are willing to die for the secession. You also have another part of Somaliland who don't want to secede...! Now you see the picture. Can you see another civil war where each side would seek help to win the war just like Congo? Is this a worthwhile war?

I find it very funny that you now have engaged in this "futile" and "pointless" argument to wave that flag :D Redundancy is the name of this game icon_razz.gif Get ready for it :D

NGONGE   

lol@Baashi..couldn't help it. Got sucked in, saaxib icon_razz.gif

Still, can’t help seeing that you’re saying exactly the same thing I was saying earlier (albeit coming from the wrong angle of course).

The futility of the discussion is in the argument over the legitimacy of Somaliland. Even if you don’t agree with it or recognise it, you can’t deny that the people of that part of the world staunchly believe in it, can you?

The real discussion will begin when the anti Somaliland brigade give us their views on what they think will happen next. Come on, saaxib. Go for it, go where no man has been before. How do you see things unfolding? What are your hopes and aspirations in this regard?

Curly   

To be honest it’s taken 14 or so years to establish our selves, imagine how long it will take to reunite and become on country. Frankly I doubt I’ll see it happen in my lifetime, and if it does then it’ll probably be a long and bumpy road. And hopefully without any bloodshed!

But seriously lets be realistic…I can’t see one government peacefully running the whole country and so easily forgetting all the conflicts we’ve had with tribes. In fact it’s like hoping that one-day Somalis will stop using tribes to identify themselves.

Is that wishful thinking?

Changed   

see all is confusing to me

why do SOMALILANDER HAVE SOMALI with the land why cant be somethingelses and land :confused:

modesty u remind me of me ;especially when i was new to the somaliland phenomenon

They have peace in their land and they want to be a different country talk about the 2 left regions of somalia being divided apart. :rolleyes:

wa wareeeer :confused:

OG:xiin fanin means crazy horse by da way ;)

Baashi   

Nonge, I can see there are many people who believe in its legitimacy. Likewise, there are many other folks in the same historical Somaliland that don't give any credence to that claim. You gotta be able to see the both sides of the argument sxb.

Now what did you call us :D anti-Somaliland! No. I prefer anti-secession label if you know what I mean icon_razz.gif the connotation of the anti-Somaliland infers is not something that I wanna deal with. Here in America the Republicans (Fox TV) deviced this brilliant label America haters, terrorist appeasers and so on.

They don't like to put their cards on the table and engage in meaningful discussion so they shut the critics off by sensationalizing the topic. Don't do that sxb :D

Sue, yeah you can say that again: wishful thinking. It applies both sides.

Xarago   

Originally posted by Baashi:

there will be Somalia (Wish us luck
:D
) that sees Hargeisa as part of its domain (whether that is right or wrong, it is something we have to reckon). There are also something called International order and so far it agrees with choatic and anarchic Somalia (imagine Somalia that has a stable government).

Good point Bashi we also wish in ay Soomaalida dowlad heshe. Lakiin waxaad manka ku heysa dowlada hada kaso socoto Dofarey in ay tahey mid ay ku midobayaan konfurta. Markaas kadiib ayey uu taala sidi ay ula xajoon laheyn waqoyiga. I hope that you dont assume the representatives from the north in Nairobi are genuine and that the out come of it will be a central effective government.

Waxaad ogaata 14 sano ayan sugeyney dad kaso jeeda Konfur Soomaliaya oo dowlada matala oo aan uu sheegno in aan midnimadi aan aniga curiney 44 sano ka hodh in aan ka baxayno kadiib marki aan kala kulaney dhac, boob, kufsi iyo dadniimo xumo.

Mida kale dadka ku hadaqaya midnimada Soomaaliland loma dhama waxaad ogataan dadku wey ka badna yihiin inta uu c/llahi yusuf qabiil ku dufsadey. Waxaan mantey amaan iyo sharaf Soomaaliland ku mudan tahey in aysan dagal ka dhalin S/land kudaheda oo aheyd sidi c/llahi yusuf uu qorsheysneyd .

Soomalida waxay ku mahmahda "war jiira ba cakaru iman",

Hada Soomaaliyey bal horta dowlaad so dhista kadiib ayan xisabtami.

Waxaad ogaatan oo kale midnamadu san kalis mahii waa in ay ku timada raalinimo