Sign in to follow this  
Modesty

I'm not Somali, I'm a Somalilandeeeeer

Modesty   

Hello,

You know one thing I learned recently is that there live amongst us a group of radical ethinically Somali group that claim to not be from Somalia, they say they are from a one city(now supposedly a country)that has its own flag.Hello! what happened to the blue flag with the white star? Further more they want the United Nations to acknowlegde that they are an independent country. What the heck?What normal person is going to recognize one city located in Somalia to become its own COUNTRY! Come on Somalis, let's all say that our country is SOmalia and that we are Somalis period. Peace, Peace and mo' Peace!

Modesty,

Waxba ha u qaadanin dhab ahaan, dadkaan qurbaha ku haray oo aanan warba u haynin dalkii iyo halkeey xaalada marayso ayaa u af badtay in ay somalida kale iska midab takooraan"Afkooda wuxuu lee leeyahay waanu go'aynaa, wadna hooduna wuxuu leeyahay Soomaliweyn baan rabaa" marka waxba haka caroon arinkan ina hooyo , haduu eebe idmo walaalaheen waanu u caqliyeen doonaa..

inan aanu saaxiibo nahay ayaa shalayto ka yimi Hargeysa, burco, berbera, ceerigaabo. walaahi siduu iiga sheegay dalkii iyo dadkii walee jiririco baa igu fakatay. war wuxuu yiri dadku waa dad wadaado u badan oo iska shaqeeysta gidigoodna waxay sugi la'yihiin dhismaha guud ee somaliweyn.

asxantu

Qudhac   

SHOOBARO

"Afkooda wuxuu lee leeyahay waanu go'aynaa, wadna hooduna wuxuu leeyahay Soomaliweyn baan rabaa"

wow you have extraordinary power, not only can you abstract what all somalilanders are saying everywhere but you can also hear their internal though, indeed supernatural powers.

inan aanu saaxiibo nahay ayaa shalayto ka yimi Hargeysa, burco, berbera, ceerigaabo.

your friend is very fast, he manages to go to hargeysa, burco, berbera, borame ceerigabo etc came back to you all in yesterday.

walaahi siduu iiga sheegay dalkii iyo dadkii walee jiririco baa igu fakatay. war wuxuu yiri dadku waa dad wadaado u badan oo iska shaqeeysta gidigoodna waxay sugi la'yihiin dhismaha guud ee somaliweyn.

indeed not only did your friend go to all these places yesterday but he did a opinion poll which revealed everyone is wadaadiin, which obviously translates into everyone being staunch supporters of somaliweyn, afcourse what the heck where we thinking.

:eek: :D

[ August 31, 2004, 08:19 PM: Message edited by: Admin ]

^^LoooooooooooL why didn't you quote the part i said "kuwa qurbaha ku raagay oo aan warba ka warqabin" :D:D

wow you have extrodanary power, not only can you abstract what the somalilanders are saying but you can also hear their internal though,
indeed supernatural powers

we prefer to call it XRAY VISION :D:D

All jokes aside thou, Qudhac have you ever heard of the expression "examine what has been said, not who said it"..waa in uu hadalka nuxurkiisa ku galaa marka hore walaal, seef labood waligaa ha noqon.

asxantu

Gabbal   

there live amongst us a group of radical ethinically Somali group that claim to not be from Somalia, they say they are from a one city(now supposedly a country)that has its own flag.Hello! what happened to the blue flag with the white star?

:D:D:D

Your intentions are good sis, but I think you need to do a tiny bit more research smile.gif

Salma   

Qudhac,

I wish if i had read your reply before the editing.

Bs yallah inshalla next time smile.gif

Voltaire : "I may not agree with what you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it"

Singing :

Lemme dream...

Lemme dream ..

2 have a freedom in my dream...

Gabbal   

now which part of being a Somalilander you failed to understand, I shall help you overcome it?

I think it's the "Somalilander" part :D:D

I'm sure the last time Modesty checked, she was only familiar with Somali :D;)icon_razz.gif

NGONGE   

Hello,

You know one thing I learned recently is that there live amongst us a group of radical ethinically Somali group that claim to not be from Somalia, they say they are from a one city(now supposedly a country)that has its own flag.Hello! what happened to the blue flag with the white star? Further more they want the United Nations to acknowlegde that they are an independent country. What the heck?What normal person is going to recognize one city located in Somalia to become its own COUNTRY! Come on Somalis, let's all say that our country is SOmalia and that we are Somalis period. Peace, Peace and mo' Peace!

Sister, do you disagree with the existence of the “country†called Somaliland? Do you not think they have a RIGHT to decide their own destiny? Do you have any moral, political or even humanitarian objections to their cause? Do you really think it’s ONE city?

You want them back in the fold yet you use phrases such as “ there live amongst us a group of radical ethnically Somali group†as if they’re some sort of mafia that needs exposing!

Come on, you can do better than this! Give us more and expand on the topic so that others can reply with something worth reading. What you wrote above is nothing but a cheap dig at Somalilanders that will only receive similar replies. The tedious vicious circle will start again and we’ll get nowhere with these discussions. :(

Lets assume the people of Somaliland changed their minds and decided to become citizens of greater Somalia again, would you trust them? Would you welcome them with open arms? Would you share the “loot†fairly with them? Is it politically beneficial in the short term? How about the long term? They might have some demands; will these demands be met?

You see, there are hundreds of questions and a dozen paths you can walk in when discussing the case of Somaliland, they’re all open to you and would make for a very interesting discussion (even if it’s hypothetical). Even for those wanting to have subtle digs at the gullibility of the “separatistsâ€, it would really be done better and in a more civilised way if you try to wrap it with a bit of false compassion and understanding. We are talking politics after all! Duck, dive, twist and wriggle but just don’t spit out the sour truth (your sour truth) in your first post. It’s a discussion killer, you see. :mad:

Somaliland is not a country, its a phantom state.

It issues no real passports.

It has no real army. they are still marching to LAS ANO all 30,000 of them.

It has no ambasadors or embasies.

Its is not recognised by any one not even Djabouti.

It does not even control the regions it claims, SOOL, HAYLAN, CAYN.

It has loud mouth ministers and deluded clanistic supporters.

for 14 years they have been saying "Look how bad the south is",

"We are better than them" and now that Somalia is getting a government they cry "we wont let it happen" " we will fight them" blah, blah, blah.

WAKE UP SMELL THE COFFEE PEOPLE.

Another thing if Somalia is divisable, then SOOL, HAYLAN, CAYN will never be part of the so called Somaliland.

peace

NGONGE   

^^^^^ Did you hear the story about the two nomads walking in the desert, saaxib?

As they were walking in the heat and sun they saw a tree in the distance. Under the tree there was some sort of animal. One of them said to the other “ woxo ma shinber baa?†The second man said “ arr maya, waa ciisaan†They carried on walking and got closer to the tree. The first man said “ waar waxay ila egtahay enay bahasha geedka hoos fadhida shinber tahay†The second one said “ arr waxan ku nedhi waa ciisanâ€. They continued walking and just as they reached the tree, the bird flew away. The first man said “ so kuman odhan shinber bay aheed?†The second man replied “ waar haday dhuusho na, wali waa ciisanâ€

Adeer ciisaanta mad naga daysaan dee

PS

Apology for the bad Somali :D

PPS

This was an adaptation of an Arabic folk tale( wouldn’t want to claim it).

Cawralo   

Being a somali is an ethnicity, and not a nationality. There are millions of ethnic somalis. You are confusing Somaliya and soomali. Somalikenyans, somaliethiopians, somalijabuutians, somalisomalilanders..and so on. Nothing wrong with that. I consider myself to be a swede without it contradicting my ethnic identity.

*Loong Liff Somaliland* *One Loof*

Qudhac   

SMith

go on boy let all the spleen of hate out, as that venom of tribal hatret will probaly kill you if your keep it bottled up.