Sign in to follow this  
Grad Student

Last Straw!!!!

Why Do I keep hearing comments like "ninkaas waa dhintay" "Ilaahay iyo wuxuu sameeyay"..

I am Sick And Tired of people shading atrocities of Siad Barre. My mother often used vulgar names before he died, but is now offended when someone talks about his actions because he is "Marxuum". He knew what he did and Allah knows too.

You probably might not condone some of his actions, namely the genocide in the North. Why is it wrong for Somalis(Southerns-whatever qabiil) to collectively admit his mistakes? I personally think this is the remedy, perhaps over-optimistic, to curing our Northern brothers.

His Actions, deliberate in nature, resulted expulsion and anniliation of an entire group of Somali society in the North. Somali Army, under his direct command, bombed civilians in urban cities.

Insurgency or "illegal elements", I personally would have preferred non-violent alternatives. But counter-offense did not mandate genocide of civilians simply because they have sympahisized with Insurgency group-SNM.

I am also well acquainted with the Ideas of Sovereignty and territorial integrity.

To go re-state my point, silencing people about what the old Mzee did is to condone his actions. And only if Somalis come togetherin that proposition, no reconcialation is possible between different tribes in the South, let alone win the hearts of the people of the North.

Why is it wrong for Somalis(Southerns-whatever qabiil) to collectively admit his mistakes

Brother if I am not wrong most of the people admit the mistakes of the old man, simply this wouldn't mean to insult the dead.

Nevertheless to exploit his actions to gain common and ill-fated political strategies is wrong.... Simple as that

^^ I second that. Time to move on.

The guy committed crimes which were wrong on earth and in the hereafter. But what will disrespecting him achieve? By insulting the dead, you're just disrespecting yourself in the eyes of the living and gaining plenty of dambi in the process. And I think people openly talk about his actions, whether they took place in the North or in the south. Insulting the dead just isn't an Islamic custom, regardless of what the person did here on earth. Wixii dhimashada ka danbeeya is in the hands of Allah SWT. Let him RIP.