Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Villa Somalia: President Yusuf holds court clarifies issues

PS:without taking anything from adeero's accomplishments in p-land, p-land is not south somalia, and p-land was not crushed the way south somalia has for a good 15 yrs +, and p-land didn't lose as much as south somalia has lost for over a decadate, close to two decates.
Yes he did establish p-land state, but so what?
It isn't not as thought p-land was affected by the civil war era in the 1990's. Anyone could have went in there and did what he did without being adeero.

lool. Read what you wrotte. :D

Lol. Lazy G: So what you say, my dear Puntland development economically and politically is in large part due to the great leadership of President Yusuf.

He secured the state, created the regional administration stopped Aydeed in his tracks and won an lection for Somali presidency when many in the south convinced themselves that only they could captured the top post. His achievements are monumental and may they continue.

PS: Puntland is 40% of Somalia :D

The only reason you attack the President of Somalia and defend Nur cade is because of clan thus why not bring the truth out in the open and the two former PM were from the same clan and achieved nothing

Subxaan Allah, could you for once address an issue without resorting to cheap qabiil accusations. It's simple question. What has Yeey as the head of the TFG achieved so far. ?

Every TFG official has culpability in its failure-to absolve him of all charges is just to put midly dishonest. Now simple answer to the above question will be helpful without going off tangent.

Please put past accomplishments aside-focus on present role only!!!!

Dukey, you and I don't have any issues about who is somali and who isn't. You are a wadani and I respect that. YOu love your country and so do I, but please lets concentrate on adeero and answer the man's question.(che)

PS: My problem lies with those that want to meddle in our affairs but at the sametime support separist state and not with you, a patriot at heart.

Che adeer, why the anger in your words, whats wrong with the above quoted statement?

Your antics are laughable. As for what TFG achieved either you are blind or are so full of hate that you do not want to see the truth.

TFG has developed the national institutions of Somalia from scratch, central bank, national armed forces, the reopening of more than 17 embassies, all this documented in SOL.

The TFG is the only Somali government for 17 years that has taken military control of the capital of Somalia and 80% of the south. It has nationalized the airports and ports of the nation including the capitals.

This was achieved in a backdrop of violence, hysteria and incompetence and again the central player to the success is Yusuf yey.

LayzyG: Now how do I react to your kind words?

Attack you more for being Nur Cade clan supporter?

:D:D

I am joking anyhow forget Che, me and him know each other.

Lets continue our exchange its been the best one I have had for a while.

TFG has developed the national institutions

Why aren't they are servicing the public then?

And could you please list of these institutions other than the army, parliament or executive branch.

has taken military control of the capital of Somalia

The insurgency and the Ethios battle in the street of Xamer almost everyday. Military means one party winning and end to hostilities.

80% of the south

TFG doesn't control much of Hiiraan, Shabelle, Jubba and central Somalia. Outside Baydhabo, TFG doesn't enjoy any stable permanent presence.

incompetence

The buck stops at the top. Nur Cadde works to barrow phrase from the Bush admin at the pleasure of the president.

Che :

Adeer control is a relative word, since Mr Nur Cade’s term we have taken a few steps backwards with regards to security however this is not a great deal since the national government controls the capital and is entrenching itself in the south.

Hiiraan, Lower Shabbele need an effective admin and that is the fault of the PM and his interior minister.

Now the few bandits roaming from village to village present little clear danger and hold no grounds. Mogadishu is where the game is being played and all the police stations of the capital are open and functioning.

The armed forces let me mention again are now over 10,000 strong and growing more than 6000 new recruits are on route to the country and more to come.

The TFG has opened the offices of the mayor of Mogadishu, nationalized the port airport and have taken over all the ministries which before 2006 were occupied by clan militias. This has taken place in Mogadishu & Baidoa the two key cities and as we get more troops every village and town will have the same treatment.

The TFG has created a new passport and a new currency is on its way.

The TFG has recruited hundreds of individuals into the new armed forces irrespective of clan.

The TFG convened the most successful national reconciliation conference attended by all the clan elders in which Somalis’ forgave each other.

The national reconciliation conference presented the government with many proposals including the dismantling of the 4.5 formula and the creation of national election based on districts, a new federal constitution and laws based on the Sharia.

Thus much has been achieved and more needs to be done, Nur cade has crippled the national government but his damage will be overcome.

With the changing political,military, and economic tides in the larger world, the financial&military spigots that followed 'The War on Terror' are quickly drying up. Given that the TFG stands on 2 legs (Ethiopian military support and Western financial support for administrative salaries), there's a general frustration with the TFG leadership from its outside backers. Those who're insiders know that financial assistance has been dwindling as of late compared to 2006/2007 (excluding humanitarian assistance). Meanwhile the internal business community has not been as cooperative with the TFG as they were with the 'Courts', limiting the tax base needed for internal self-sufficiency. A.Yusuf's rearbase of Puntland has imploded administratively and financially (i.e. civil servants and security personel without wages, gov't militia raiding local banks to loot supply of shillings, etc.,) - even though that was limited to begin with, given the Herculean task of putting together a whole nation's administrative base. Lastly, A.Yusuf's faction within the TFG lacks the administrative and logistical skills and experience needed to move from warlordbush-fighteropposition to head administrator of a state. This is the reason Nur Adde was pushed on the Ethiopians and A.Yusuf, given Nur Adde's background in administrative issues. A case can be made that Nur Adde hasn't done much so far in capacity-building while Nur Adde's supporters believe peace-building comes before any capacity building projects.

Meanwhile, central and southern Somalia continue in a cycle of conflict and famine.

May Allah have mercy on his people and bring them to their senses!

Puntland has been the back bone of this government and will continue to. It has become stronger with time and hence the many talented fellows who want to lead it, no one wants to ride let alone lead a dead horse.

The Clan Courts never collected any taxes and their support was mainly from rich Gulf groups and individuals who had a vested interest in keeping Mogadishu without governance. The business interests one talks about were the powerful warlords who became part of the Clan courts, and who have since lost their airports, ports and roadblocks to the government’s nationalization program.

The revenues they used to receive from extortion and the many farms and lands they controlled have seized to exist, thus its they who have run out of money and now stuck in Asmara talk about peace.

Nur Cade failed because he had no capacity to lead , he was a simple police officer who ended working for the red cross and does not have the personal qualities nor knowledge about Somali politics hence his reliance on Ahmed AbdiSalan.

Duke, do you have to rebuttal every opinion that SOLers put in this forum? Just take it easy man. I can see you are trying to defend an entity, but you can't make things so rosy when they are not.

GT: Adeer there is nothing rosy about the picture I painted. We have along way to go however the TFG achievements have been monumental considering what was achieved by its rivals and predecessors.

As for my postings when I get a chance I do try to educate the folks here, who some how continue to delude themselves.

In my previous posts, I made some statements which others might disagree with. While attempting to stay clear of personal clashes with other posters, I present to you one excerpt from an 'Ask America Webchat (July31-2008)' recently conducted by the US State Dept. in which the US Special Envoy to Somalia, John Yates, answered posters questions.

Question [Ahmed Omar]: Why does the United States Government, and specifically the State Department, support the Ethiopian occupation of Somalia, when it is abundantly clear that any Ethiopian occupation is unacceptable to the Somali population, given the history and enmity that is between these peoples? Would the people of the United States accept a communist or Russian occupation, even if a small number of mediocre politicians requested the occupation and domination of the United States? Also, how can the United States be silent on the atrocities and widely documented abuses of human rights and humanitarian laws in Somalia by the minority dictatorship in Addis, when it is the only superpower and the leader of the free world of democracies? Who can oppressed people all over the world look up to for support and relief?

Ambassador Yates: Your view on this issue is clear, and I won't address each point with which I disagree. However, let me point out that the cornerstone of the Djibouti Agreement is the departure of the Ethiopian troops. I'm certain that the Ethiopians would like to leave Somalia as soon as possible. However, neither the TFG, many Somalis with whom we have spoken or most members of the international community including specifically the United States believe it would be wise for them to depart until conditions permit -- that is that their departure will not leave a security vacuum. The SRSG has been in New York recently to consult with the Security Council and we are backing the drafting of a resolution to provide a peace keeping operation.

The assumption here is that TFG does not have the normal security capacities of a government, which according to the American official is even acknowledged by the TFG itself. Hence, the need for an outside power (either the Ethiopian military, AU forces, or UN Peacekeepers to maintain security. No one realistically sees the military capacity of the TFG to dramatically improve in the near future including the TFG.

^A valid point, the TFG as even the name refers to is a transitional government the first real one for 17 years, thus how would it create a new national army in such a short time. Consider that most areas in the south were held hostage by lethal militias who’s loyalty was suspect and who’ interest collided with the unarmed masses.

A great deal has been gained, and most of the armed militias are a shadow of what they were in 2004.

But this is a long term project and will take another 5 years to secure Somalia a nation the size of Texas.