Sign in to follow this  
Peacenow

why we are living in shame

Peacenow   

Somalia has never accepted occupation, but today it is a reality.

Only 2 months, we could as a people hold our head up high, now with the presence of Ethiopian on soil, we have never been lower.

The close anaology would be France in 1941. Or South Korea now, vis-a-vis Japan, when it was occupied before.

Today, is has to deal with the issues of that occupation, and how it's women were used as sex slaves.

Or Holland when it was occupied by Germany in WWII

These countries though have deveveloped and vastly bettered themselves, I don't see Somalia in the next 30 years, emerging from this position and standing to face this monster we have next door.

Only our insurgents, can deliver us from this shame now.

We look towards them, to free us from this terrible legacy.

I'm confident they will do, what has to be done.

KEYNAN22   

Stop making a mountain out of a mow hill. Real occupation was when somalia was ruled for 16 years by gun totting teenagers high on khat. The neighbouring soldiers who are present in the troubled region of Moqdishu are invited by the legal government of the country, which hardly qualifies as an occupation.

I can't believe in this day and age with all the records of failure in somalia we still have people promoting insurgency and other acts of mindless destruction, when thats the last thing this god forsaken country needs.

as socrates said, its the people who make the city

with such reactionary mentality among somalis, no wonder its the only failed semi-anarchistic state in the 21st century. Somalis should learn how to sacrifice, and grow the hell up for once.

Fabregas   

Lying is unislamic........nobody was invited to Somalia.........Abdullahi Yusuf and Geedi do not have the authority to do so........

Peacenow   

First of all, who are you? A Kenyan? What are you doing here. Go and grow your qat leaves. Its the only industry you brainless people have. Somalia would be a great country, if only bantus and aids ridden ethiopians, would not get involved. Their desires are motivated by jealously, for they know what the somali people are capable of in business.

KEYNAN22   

Lying is unislamic........nobody was invited to Somalia.........Abdullahi Yusuf and Geedi do not have the authority to do so........

living in a state of anarchy is the islamic way, right?

Gheedi and Yusufs government is the only authorised government of somalia, like it or not.

Peacenow   

The British left Kenya with everything, look, what they have now? Corruption and Nothing. Somaliland is better of, than that whole state. Go and grow your qat leaves and sell it to Somali, is only thing you have. A beggar state living on handouts, get out here.

Fabregas   

Saxib, there was no anarchy in southern Somalia for six months.As you rightly said Somalia was occupied for Sixteen years by Khat addicted militias.Where are those militias know?Mohamed Dhere and all the other warlords are with the Government and Ethiopian forces.They are the ones setting up checkpoints everywhere.

As i have said time and tim again on this forum.The invasion of Somalia was illegal as according to the u.n resolution.Nobody is disputing the fact that Somalia has/had a legitimate government.However Abdullahi Yusuf and Geedi do not have a constitutional right to invite 20 000 troops to Somalia.Melez Zenawi got authorisation from the Ethiopian parliament to wage war in Somalia.Who gave Abdullahi Yusuf and Geedi permission?nobody..............

KEYNAN22   

Originally posted by peacenow:

First of all, who are you? A Kenyan? What are you doing here. Go and grow your qat leaves. Its the only industry you brainless people have. Somalia would be a great country, if only bantus and aids ridden ethiopians, would not get involved. Their desires are motivated by jealously, for they know what the somali people are capable of in business.

I'm not a kenyan i'm a somali, my nick says "keynan", you might wanna check those eyes, lol

And as for ethiopians and kenyans motivation being based on jealousy, that might be true.

But the other truth is that somalia has personally aidid these countries agenda by eating itself from the inside for almost the last two decades. You need to accept that those days over.

You can help revive the strenght of somalia through means of reconciliation and solidarity, not by promoting mindless actions such as insurgency and further destruction of this fragile nation. just focus on the real issues of somalias current problems, your rage is a bit misplaced.

Peacenow   

Geel_Jire12, that is exactly the point i'm making.

There is no right, to 'invite' anyone into the country. They have no right to bring the xthiopians into Somalia.

Insurgency is such an illegitimate phrase, when I here it brings to mind the use of words well coined by occupying forces such as "collateral damage or friendly fire".

This is a war waged by Somali's for freedom. No matter how you or myself my seek to protray them, and certainlly irrespective of whatever Al Jazeera Cnn or BBC my report them us, they have their right to fight against those who occupy them.

Allah alam, when innocent individuals are killed its not to be trivialised, whether by the hands of the TFG via the Ethiopian Masters, or by Somali's aiming for TFG forcers or AU Occupying forces.

The Ugandan's No the score and they will be better armed than the people the come to occupy, but every single last one will remain a legitimate target until the leave.

NGONGE   

You're proud to be Somali yet you're living in shame! What an exquisite quandary. :D

Does the nonsense never end?

If you must have yet another political discussion about the foreign presence in Somalia, could you not at least make it interesting? Introduce new ideas, new arguments or at least lament the situation we find ourselves in whilst trying to find out the reasons why (Xiin might not be happy but what the heck, repeat his questions anyway)?

These fat-free, sugar-free topics are killing discussion, saaxib. I'm sick and tired of all these mushrooms, give me a tree with roots and leafs and big massive trunks. Give me something I can either expertly hack down or helplessly bang my head against. I'm tired of squashing mushrooms. They're all over the bloody place.

But still, and because you seem sincere in your question and this is only your first offence (even though the way you worded your topic still renders it nothing more than a wretched mushroom), I'm going to oblige and address the topic.

Firstly, it really does not matter if the current president of Somalia has the authority to invite foreign troops or has not. The deed is done. They are here and here to stay for the foreseeable future. The question then becomes: could the rag-tag insurgents manage to dislodge them and make them flee Somalia with their tails between their legs? If your answer to this is YES, I'm sure you'll be kind enough to indulge us with reasonable, coherent and acceptable arguments as to why you think this. Likewise if your answer is NO!

Secondly,the idea of shame! Why, pray tell, would you consider Somalis to be living in shame? Any child would tell you that shame has been with us for quite a while now and has not visited us only when these foreign forces entered Somalia! Indeed, that child would tell you that he/she was born with this shame. Now, without dismissing him/her as being half-witted, a collaborator or a downright hypocrite, could you possibly have it in you to squash his/her mushroom of an argument?

My personal opinion and feeling is that this government, unless it eats itself from the inside, is going to prevail. It's not something I'm particularly ecstatic about. In fact, I wish they wouldn't. But I believe the consequences of failure after all of this bother, are much greater than anything we witnessed before. I also don't think any number of insurgents and their attacks will make a dent in the progress of the government. They will be an irritation of course and they'll win a few battles. But it will not be they that eventually topple this administration. It will not be the people either. At best, it'll be a coup by one of many government ministers vying for the top posts.

Where does all this leave us I hear you ask! Well, my own (and very wise suggestion, even if I say so) would be to lie back and watch those pro-government preen and those anti-government bleat. At no point should you (a humble cyber observer) join any of them. Or else, you'll either preen too soon (like many on here) or bleat too late! Best to say it as you see it without getting all emotional about it.

Have a think about it. In the meantime, I'll sit back and twiddle my thumbs. smile.gif

Originally posted by NGONGE:

You're proud to be Somali yet you're living in shame! What an exquisite quandary.
:D

Does the nonsense never end?

LOOL Classic.

DigibAc   

NGONGE, thats easy to say that when it's not your loved ones that are in the line of fire. It's easy to sit back and watch the fight when you have nothing to loss.