Sign in to follow this  
Gabbal

Barre's brother to contest Somalia top post -

iam appauled at the idea of this blood sucking leach entertaining himself with the idea of ever becoming a somali president.

cabdiraxmaan buluqbuluq, was the man ,along with axmed sheikh cusmaan siphoned the treasury of the somali ppl. he is an irredeemable individual, who can't be trusted in an administrative office.

i prefer muuse suudi yalaxow to this demon.

Baashi   

Xassan,

i prefer muuse suudi yalaxow to this demon.

Ouch! But again it is a matter of judgement! This guy ordered the killing of Somalis by the thousands not because they were threat to him or had done anything to him but because they happen to be different tribe than him.

And later he spoke about these events, on BBC, to justify his candidacy for the highest post...

Haneefah   

:eek: :rolleyes: :eek: Something is really not clicking here...I mean has Somalia's political status become so desparate that they're willing to repeat history by having ANYTHING to do with these so called politicians from Siad Bare's regime, ESP Abdirahman Jamac??....subhanallah.

All I have to say is, waa maalintey Somalia udhamaan lahayd...not that it already hasn't!

SamiGyrl   

Daaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmn

Some of you must be dumb and dumber shoot.

So let me get this straight some of you are actually willing to let in Siads brother, cousin, brother inlaw I dont care, the guy worked with him!!! Wake the hell up.

Well I predicted it. Warlord Side Show 15 has finally hit rock bottom. Lets see how long it actually took for every warlord except Siads cousin, brother inlaw what have you to leave. when did it start, October? Thats six months. Wow!!! I gotta give it to them I really didnt think they could make it that long but they did and for what?

Warlord Side Show 16 is currently underway in Xamar, what a joke.

Can you imagine a government filled with warlords and remains of the former regime? Damn what a line up. If you think that past 12 years were hell in Somalia proper you better get ready, cause with men like Side Show Morgan, Fruit Salad (abdi qasim, Saudi Yellow (you figure it out) etc.... you can bet atleast half a million more people will die. Not to mention Side Show Barre.

How long shall we give this new freak festival?

3 months? 4, 5?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Soo sad, yet entertaining.

-Citizen Sami

Matkey   

Horn of Africa, i apologize my sister for misunderstanding your comment. It was exactly six minutes before my class when I read your comments. I went through your comment very quickly and reached uncalculated conclusion. I read it again right after class, and I understood your point. Second, i must say i did not think my remarks about Bare would cause some friction.

What makes me angry is that we some how are incline to some historical redemption. To be more specific we expect anyone from the old regime to have panacea to our problem, because they were slightly better than these warlords. people say that we had some stability in Somalia before the civil war, which I agree to some extent. But let’s not forget that our current political condition is attributed to the old regime. I am not supporting or condoning what these warlords did, but the legacy of the old one still continues. Had the old regime stepped down before its collapse, situation in Somalia would have been different. Every warlord wants to replicate what the old one did---to get the piece of the pie. In other words, monopolization of state power by one tribe.

please accept my apology,

thanks

"A woman who goes by the name of Zam-zam in San Antonio, Texas in the United States, castigated me for failing to name names, such as Morgan, Gaani, Jess, Gabyow, Ahmed Suleiman Dafleh and Buluq-Buluq who she said were responsible for the death of thousands of innocent civilians in Hargeisa, Mogadishu and Kismayo. She said that it was Buluq-Buluq who hired the white Rhodesian mercenary pilots who destroyed Hargeisa"

WHO WAS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE DESTRUCTION OF HARGEISA ?

Author M. M. Afrah,

Toronto, Canada

----------------------------------------------------

Clearly, the man has other secrets.

No one has ever revered Abdirahman Barre's tenure in office. He was nicknamed "KADARE" for his flagrant failure to comprehend the basic parameters of public policy during the 80/90's? It would be youthfully naive to think that the progeny of the past regime would suddenly metamorphose into devout patriots and bring back the pride we lost. Barre has every right to run, but electing him would be an unprecedented fiasco for the already "failed" state. He will neither bring the leadership needed, nor will he be effective in bringing unity among the Somalis. Hadaad dhimanyso, dhareerka waa la iska duwaa.

Ladiif   

Sxbyaal, ever heard of "Kud kaguur, qanjo uguur" If we wonna elect Barre's brother, why did we ousted Siyad Barre for? We shaded too much blood to topple him and those who were enforcing his unspeakable and criminal rules/acts on innocent somalis regardless of their qabiils, so there's no need of inviting such as this man to office to rule us again. Furthermore, He knows that his record is painted with blood and he better know that. taariikhdu way qorantahay, waxkastana way kala cadyihiin. Ninkasta wuxuu galay iyo wuxuu gaystay waa la ogyahay sxbyaal!!

Paragon   

i don't know what office you fellas are talking about? And i don't think blames justify all the harm done to normal Somalis. There are no angels in Somalia right now, we have warlords who are seeking the same position and recognition. So people open your eyes to the reality and stop dwelling on the past. What counts is who can make a difference now? If you can't then shut up. Discussions are useless unless they yield fruits.

Gabbal   

Matkey, aboow, no problem, but i'm a male!

So far I think only Brown_Sugah gave me an answer to what i've been lookin for.

For those brothers and sisters that are going a road away from the topic, let me just say that most if not all of the current Somali polticians with some sort of power have worked with or for Siad Barre during the tenure of his dictatorship.

Shaatigudud was one of his special Red Berets (Duub Cas). Abdiqasim Salaad Hassan (current TNG pres) held several ministerial posts. Daahir Riyaale Kaahin (current Somaliland pres) was the chief of Siad Barre's secret police, Berbera division. Hassan Abshir Faarah (current TNG prime minister) was the mayor of Muqdisho, governor of Bay and Bakool region and ambassador to several countries. Morgan was a general and commonly called the "Butcher of Hargeisa". And so on.....

If we disqualify all these current powerhouses and more as not having a chance to contest the presidency, aren't we living in some sort of dream?

Unless an Afghanistan-kind of thing happens or a a professional assassin comes by and shoots all the warlords and engineers of the civil war in cold blood, we can't choose the president by who had an affiliation with Siad Barre or not!

Again I ask, do you think that if Abdirahman Jamac Barre were to be chosen president by some miracle, that the other warlords would accept him? And would it have something to do with his clan and close family ties with Siad Barre?

Thanx

Gediid   

HornAfrique

What you are asking people to do is to take a look into the future and see if BuluqBuluq would be accepted as Somali president?

That I think is beyond everyone's scope but one thing thats for real though is that this man is neither qualified nor has the credentials to be accepted as president.

Where he gor to is by virtue of him being the presidents own brother.Period

Lefty   

Generally, people should uphold the principle that leaders should be given a reasonable opportunity to pursue their leadership careers even when it differs your point view and the way you want. If you are serious about challenging and opposing any administration, you have to have legitimate reasonings which emphasizing the better service you're capable of given. Majority of Somalis lack the essential way of calculating anything that relates to their politican Arena. The only thing they're really good at is obstruction by any means with no longer and positive vision behind it. That's what happened and still is the major obstacle facing the Somalia trauma.

in an interesting example at the extreme margins of this issue, how each and majority of all Somalis eager and ready to blame the past regime without bringing up any alternative and better solution except making it worse than before. Who are we kidding to and How could you blame anyone who worked with the past regime ?..As some have put it, every well-known Somali Politician worked with Siyaad Barre one time or another. Having said that, there are other possible ways to fall into and create scapegoat situation other than sitting down and always blaming everyone who try to make something different other than your own kind.

Somalia today exist in a kind of limbo situation and the worst case scenerio is by initialy finger pointing others and not daring to correct your own mistakes first. That's why I still don't see anything wrong with the likes of past Cali Samatar, C/Qasim, Xasan Abshir, Gaani, C/aalhi Caddow, buluq-buluq, and etc until better administrate arrive and prove them their wrong doings if they had any.

as far as C/raxman jamac Barre is concerned, I personaly don't think he's capable of presidency but why not allowing him to run when the rest candidates are more likely worst than him. There's only one individual who's ahead of the rest and perfect suited for presidency of Somalia right at this time but he declared he doesn't interest it. Until that person is absent from the show, let the rest give their best shot for better and perpicacious.

------------------

There are at least five leadership failure factors that have rendered Somalia helpless. In my experience and research shows too that these factors hold true even if the failing leader has been very successful in the past.

The five roads that cause leadership failures in Somalia are:

Greed - Greed can destroy any leader. Excellent leaders always keep in mind that they essentially elected by the people to serve them. When the leader puts himself or herself first and makes decisions based on personal greed and selfishness as many a Somali leader has done in the infant stages of the Somali politics. So far that was one of the reasons why Siad Barre failed.

Failing leaders lose track of the big picture as Siad Barre did eventually having been persuaded by his keenéhenchmen that doing the best for his clan would suit him and ofcouse them. They focus on short-term or narrow problems and fail to address the political, strategic and economical direction and the many major issues facing the country.

Poor change of leaders has been the biggest problem so far and this has caused Somalia s politics to fail. At the moment there is a lack of young people’s interest in their country as the former leaders never encouraged the youth to come through. What worked in the past may not work in the future in Somalia that is only predictable in their unpredictability. Old dinosaurs wont make any difference as they were and are still out of touch of what the country people need. Many leaders get locked into actions that don't meet current or future needs. A good example so far has been the endless meetings that have been talking place across Africa without any success. Meanwhile the citizens of that country still suffer the greed and selfishness of the warloads who always subbotage any efforts of peace.

Failure to listen to their people has also caused leadership problems. It seems to be easy for some leaders to become arrogant and insulated, and they do not capitalize on the views and expertise of others.

Bad luck can cause a leader to fail. As the saying goes, sometimes it is better to be lucky than good.

Few people inside or outside the country would argue that leadership makes a difference in a country. Two questions scholars have addressed, with little agreement, over the past 75 years are: What makes an effective leader? Are leaders born, or can people learn to be leaders?

So far for us Somalis the above eludes us and we need to go back to the drawing table and somehow try to understand what we need and what kind of leadership would be suitable in the current political vacuum in our country.

It’s up to us to find a middle ground where at least 70% are happy with a leader’s quality and foresight.

As for the episode HornAfrique brought to our attention, we cannot blame someone for wanting to stand for apposition of power as none of us are takers and want it. For those who are against any leadership contest I would say go and stand for the presidency and see if you can make a difference. If you are the right person, you certainly have my backing and vote. So please stand up and be counted.

Matkey   

Originally posted by Sage:

"So people open your eyes to the reality and stop dwelling on the past."

History enables human being (those with conscience) to correct their present and future events. I am not insinuating that we could know before hand about any event. Unarguably, Allah (S.W) is the one who predetermines every thing in this universe. But we are given faculty of mind in order to calculate or measure the outcome of our decisions on the present and future events. We are not just animals who act upon their impulses. So please don’t tell us to disregard what happened the past. These are antecedent conditions, which need to be examined carefully. In so doing, we have to look back the past so that we can discover the forces behind our current conditions. How are we going to correct our mistakes if we shut our eyes to our past experience?

As I stated before, our current condition is attributed to the past or old regime. Therefore, re-electing anyone from the old regime will not improve our current situation. In terms of the warlords, they are bunch of power-hungerie who want to replicate what the old one did.

Thanks

Bakar   

Who will be our next leader? Allah knows the best one he might be Mr. Saransoor himself. I am a post-civil war Somali. I have seen the country gradually decline until to death, because of some ignorant individual like Bulugbulug. A country as young as Somalia and with abundant natural and human resources ought to have the capacity to create industry and an environment to employ its citizenry and have peace and prosperity. Instead, we all know what had in Somalia and what we experienced….Broke and inexperienced, or old, broke and experienced. At independence, Somalia engaged its first forward gear and, fortunately, drove on that gear for 7 years, engaging the reverse at regular intervals. We engaged the second gear in 1968 when Barre became president and my generation saw some hope of advancement in various sectors. But immediately thereafter, 1974 the Government engaged the reverse gear and burnt the clutch plate, ruined the gearbox, and has since been unable to rectify till to grave. The problem was because of mismanagement looting of funds allocated for Somali society and rolling downhill till the end. Somalians must change the political structure of our country. We have an array of tribal leaders seeking to take charge of Somalia. What we require is that the educated people must decide who drives, who co-drives and who maintains the state. Bulugbulug is likely to use the reserve of former government resources (stolen money) to be elected, at least that is only indication. What we need is popular candidates who is from right generation, not cursed regime. Well-respected gentlemen or may be even woman who has countrywide network, who would be a victor on a one-on-one election with good record, well educated who is a serious contender to declare his stand but not Bulugbulug, who had ample time and think everything is bribe and old good days, he knows that even his tribal background would work against him. He cannot even tell Somalians what he stands for as it is very unclear.

I call on Somalians, who are attending the conference in Kenya especially the post-civil war generation, to put their votes to proper use.

Saransoor

Paragon   

Originally by Lefty:

"The only thing they're really good at is obstruction by any means with no longer and positive vision behind it. That's what happened and still is the major obstacle facing the Somalia trauma."

Thank you Lefty..... Thats exactly what i am trying to say. If anyone has a better solution to Somalia's problems, then, lets have it but if not, then leave it to those (whoever they may be) who have means of dealing with the mess we're in.

Matkey, the point I was about to raise has already been raised up by our fellow Nomad Lefty.