Sign in to follow this  
NASSIR

54,000 displaced in Las Anod's invasion by 'Somaliland'

Paragon   

^^You don't have to turn all eyes on me. Day one? Maybe I am a one liner but go check my day-one post - it was thousand lines :D .

Paragon   

No, not really. I never bother to exceed a single line unless I deem it necessary. Actually a fellow SOLer appreciated the thousand lines.

Ofcourse, one liners are becoming expert word compressors. Like you now :D . You're stuck there - smile.gif

LANDER   

Originally posted by xiinfaniin:

Waa waxaan ka hadlayey! Soomaalidu waa dad cajaa ib leh! Redka, tell me what is the major function of Berbera? Go and search NY times and find yourself the article that stated NK arms shipments to Ethiopia that went through Berbera before Ethiopia invaded somalia if you are in doubt that Ethiopia manipulates somalis and uses them equally!

Yaan laga car-carin from being Ethiopia's puppet : all somalis are in one way or another!

ps--waryaa Pointka imow the other thread where we are having round table discussion as to how defeat Ethiopia...wa haddaad sheeko rabto!

Berbera is the largest port of Somaliland and is the transit point for most of the countries imports/exports. Ethiopia is Somaliland's largest trading partner. The 'major' function of berbera is to feed the people of Somaliland and surely those of Ethiopia too.

LANDER   

You can prostitute whom ever you like to the ethiopians, I ain't no playa hater na mean? :D

'We' (Somalilanders) much rather do business and shake them down for every item they import through Berbera. What they decide to do with their imported goods is beyond the scope of this business relationship.

Kashafa   

What they decide to do with their imported goods is beyond the scope of this business relationship.

Indeed. But since they use said imported goods to wage a genocidal war of occupation. Riyaale, Inc, and anybody that shares that oppurtunistic lame view(ie, we're just trading partners) will be held accountable.

This is once case where I fully subscribe to Dubya's "you're with us or against us" philosphy. It would behoove those who harbour, aid, or abet the Ethiopian regime in any way shape or form to know that they will be visited and dealt with, all in due time. There's no rush.

NASSIR   

Originally posted by Socod_badne:

The whole region seems to be going to hell in hand basket. Have you been living under a rock?

I find it misleading that you solely hold the TFG, Uganda, and Ethiopia responsible for Mogadisho's mayhem. All of these news trends and events about the plight of our people have coincided primarily with Eritrea's declaration of sponsoring violence in Somalia. It is a matter of time when the U.S. and the world tags it as a country that sponsors terrorism. Imposing increasing restrictions on Eritrea is at best seen as an indispensable undertaking. But Eritrea denies its ties with the clan insurgents to deceive us and the world and to avoid putting itself in a diplomatic risk. Eritrea is at war with Ethiopia, so basically Somalia is a country it can effectively utilize in its proxy war with Ethiopia. To many Somalis, hypocritically, Eritrea is an indispensable ally. How is that different from the TFG asking the assistance of Ethiopia?

You talk about piracy but neglect to mention that there was no piracy before Ethiopia invaded during the ICU rule. And that's because the ICU cracked down on piracy unlike the TFG.

Five months is too small of a period to use as a benchmark. Even so, piracy was reported at many times in the central regions. Since it is imperative to admit that ICU was gaining a considerable momentum and misguided attention in its short duration of wielding control over Mogadisho its military confrontation and expansion and threats with the rest of country while failing to fuse its improvised, disparate courts should give unassailable conclusion that the ICU was a unilateral clannish entity under the guise of religious garb

Yuusuf wanted to bring Ethiopian troops to help him massacre and make life living hell for the Somali people, especially for the residents of Mogadishu.
The act to move his government to Jowhar was provocative one.
History has vindicated those who opposed him then. Yuusuf should be standing in trail at the Hague for War Crimes.

Now you are divulging to us a conspiracy theory. Is this what you believe that Yusuf harbored malice aforethought to massacre a certain clan/residents of Mogadisho by using Ethiopia?

And to make matters more complicated, there's no peace to keep. Somalia needs peace makers not peace keepers.

You right we need peacelords despite having foreign aid and military endorsement of the United Nations. You have already constructed the good story to justify the need for peacemakers but have you ever thought that peacemakers are systematically targeted by the insurgents. How many Doctors and those who formerly served our nation are assassinated each day? What about this, you are going to ask for water soon :D

But to facilitate the understanding of the term warlord which many of you label with the current members of Parliament who previously engaged in acts of warlordism, the term warlord encapsulates a non-political figure who wields a significant power in a certain territory. And there exist a virtual absence of administrative functions. There is also a private military apparatus entirely controlled by that person.

Since TFG's primacy in Somalia began, do you see the existence of such elements today? Isn't that a progress if we discount the suicide bombers (alien culture), hijackers, and the hit and run guerilla warfare in the streets of Mogadisho?

So the two conditions for Ethiopian withdrawal are infeasible and will never materialize..Thus, Ethiopian presence is permanent.[/

A piece of advice, don't ever use Will never this premise of yours fails to credit the objectives or plausible alternatives which then leads to incorrect conclusion.

I find it rather peculiar the equivocation of Ethiopia using Somali ports and collaboration with Ethiopia that invaded Somalia, killed thousands and is the source of ongoing hardship for millions of Somalis. It's surreal reading such equivocation.

Fabregas   

quote:All of these news trends and events about the plight of our people have coincided primarily with Eritrea's declaration of sponsoring violence in Somalia.

So which sponsored and armed the various warlords in Somalia over the past sixteen years was it Ethiopia or Eritrea?

Originally posted by Red Sea:

^and how many of them that came through Somaliland?

And of those how many of them killed people else where?

Mr. Che,

Yes you didnt accuse. You said that I preach Muslim brotherhood and I preach somaliland's seccesion.

I am saying unless you believe Somalialnd=evil state, then I should have every right to preach brotherhood which is present in Somaliland as well and the same time push for SL recogntion. You don't believe that is wrong right?

PS> are you Puntlander, based on that
we thing with Naxar nugaleed.
;)

I don't like insinuations duqa. If you have something on your mind, come out and say. It seems you are equating Puntlanders with the TFG since you are emphasizing on my exchange with Naxar.

That's said, Somaliland's seccession is contrary to the concept of Muslim unity. I don't understand how simple fact is lost on you.

Lander...We are not gonna agree on anything since we have diffirent views on the relationship between Ethiopia and Somaliland.

Kashafa   

Yaan laga car-carin from being Ethiopia's puppet : all somalis are in one way or another!

Gross generalization, akh. Waxa ku haboonayd inaa tiraahdo: all Dhabo-dhilifs are in one way or another.

Umada Soomaliyeed meel aa aga dhacthay.

As their unofficial spokesman, xaal aa rabaa :D