Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

A purpose built capital for Somalia?

RedSea   

Emperor, I think you should listen to Mr. Me. He is saying NO one should be taken out as YOU believe, but however more reasonable approach of building new neighborhoods so that neither the 'new' or the 'old' inhabitants feel neglected...that is just if you ask me. Laakin qalbiga qaloocan oo ah 'take out the new inhabitants' is another recipe which could result fight over ownership of properties.

BTW....this is not going to happen yet, you still have Ethiopia in the country and their little daba dhilifs, get rid of them first. That still remians to be tough task, everything else will fall into place Insha Allah.

Caano & Bariis hooya.

bada Cas.

Emperor   

^Sxb if you want to be sincere and bring about justice, all properties have to be returned to their real onwers, this will mean the new inhabitants will make way for the former inhabitant...it doesn't have to be about clans, since all Somalis lived in Mogadishu and all residences will be occupied by former inhabitants. Qof gurii qofkale kujiri kala malahan and thus all the new inbhabitants must find somewhere to stay, macquul matahay in dadka ladhoto guriga banaanka iiga bax hadaa rabtid jidka iska taagnow?

The idea of building new neighbourhoods will most certainly help kuwa baanaanka loo tuuray, they should be rehoused but can a Somali government afford to provide housing accomodation in this current situation of poverty, despair, hunger etc..

I believe this is a great idea but not for now. It is a idea for the future inshallah.

It will be up to us to change the transitional federal charter.

The city has to be from scratch and totally new and as the title already says 'purpose build', the city will be where government officials and workers come to work or where they even live and have their houses.

All government officials should be housed in that newly build capital and government workers such as civil servants can commute to this city from the outside.

That's why I propose it should be near Mogadishu but at the same time it should be far away from it so that the city outskirts of Mogadishu won't reach it.

The new city shouldn't be threated by Mogadishu's expansion, that's why town planning is needed and if Mogadishu expands it has to be planned. That is another great idea it could be next to Mogadishu but not threatened by Mogadishu's expansion if Mogadishu's growth is controlled and directed into another direction, that's why we need a town planning and a proposal where Mogadishu can expand to or not.

I would prefer somewhere near Mogadishu between Mogadishu and Baraawe and on the riverbanks of the shabelle river if that is possible.

We need it to be somewhere strategic. It needs to be its own federal district/state. The new capital should be called Sakhar City (only joking). I would prefer to call it something nice like 'Nabad'. This is Sakhar's proposal and the name is registred to him so come up with your own name for this grand new capital city. Grand only in terms of the buildings and the name but it should be a exclusive city and capital for Somalia the heart of politics in Somalia.

Alternatively we could call it Caasimadda Nabada Soomaaliya/Soomaaliyeed.

Well let me try it out inshallah:

I'm heading to the capital of Somalia called Nabad in a few/coule (of) hours. Nabad is a beautiful town and not far away from Somalia's powerhouse and largest city called Mogadishu.

Nabad is a bit boring but all the activities happens in the Metropolis of Mogadishu, which is the best capital city in the whole wide world.

Magnificent.

ME, some good suggestions however those are a prerequeset to peace, its the reason we have the resistance to change and all the noise....

Xoox-Ogaal, Galgaduud is a region in the centre of Somalia, that would be a reason for moving the capital there. However I would like that area to be a free trade zone to get foreign investment in order to create industries and jobs such as mining, fisheries and transportation hubs. Also a capital for a regional state [Like Puntland] should be given to Dhusa-Mareb.

Emperor & Sakhar I agree with many of your points, though Marka is an existing town and thus will be excluded.

My personal choice would be around that area of Lower Shabbele region.

Duke brother that is what I said, it was Emperor who talked about Marka but I agree with you and it should be between Mogadishu and Baraawe preferably on the shabelle riverbanks. Actually that's what I wrote:

The new city shouldn't be threated by Mogadishu's expansion, that's why town planning is needed and if Mogadishu expands it has to be planned. That is another great idea it could be next to Mogadishu but not threatened by Mogadishu's expansion if Mogadishu's growth is controlled and directed into another direction, that's why we need a town planning and a proposal where Mogadishu can expand to or not.

I would prefer somewhere near Mogadishu between Mogadishu and Baraawe and on the riverbanks of the shabelle river if that is possible.

We need it to be somewhere strategic. It needs to be its own federal district/state. The new capital should be called Sakhar City (only joking). I would prefer to call it something nice like 'Nabad'. This is Sakhar's proposal and the name is registred to him so come up with your own name for this grand new capital city. Grand only in terms of the buildings and the name but it should be a exclusive city and capital for Somalia the heart of politics in Somalia.

Alternatively we could call it Caasimadda Nabada Soomaaliya/Soomaaliyeed.

Well let me try it out inshallah:

I'm heading to the capital of Somalia called Nabad in a few/coule (of) hours. Nabad is a beautiful town and not far away from Somalia's powerhouse and largest city called Mogadishu.

Nabad is a bit boring but all the activities happens in the Metropolis of Mogadishu, which is the best capital city in the whole wide world.

Magnificent.