Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

A purpose built capital for Somalia?

A simple question should Somalia get a new purpose built capital from scratch?

Some nation have done this successfully in the past these include, Nigeria,Pakistan, india, Brazin and the USA, what say you?

What would be the advantages & disadvantages to getting a new planned city?

source

Fanisha   

Originally posted by General Duke:

Here is Dukes next prediction, Mogadishu will be pacified in a couple of months.

looooool

Did Pakistan give on Lahore or Karachi, did Nigeria give up on Lagos or has India given up on Mumbia and other major cities?

What nonsence from an "elder" of the site?

Mogadishu will remain the largest city, economic power house. But whats wrong with building a new capital from scratch if not now why not in the future?

Those were peacetime political endeavors Dukow!

Your entity is in a war footing adeer, so be a good rabble-rouser and talk about tfg’s pacification plan instead of resorting to a potential contingency plan :D . The coming weeks will be decisive; don’t lose the plot now yaa Duke!

^^^lol, A rather weak reponse, the TFG has already won dear Xiin, for when your group resorted to bring out its Ace in the form of Nabadoon looter the game was over. Its amusing how you are now puppeting whats reported on Waagacusub to endenger confidance in the defeated lot.

Kismayu, Bossaos, Baidoa, Beledweyne are all quite, the few remaining streets will be pacified its only a matter of time insha Allah.

Even Mogadishu, the port, airport, main streets, and all the roads entering the city are in TFG control.

Again I am disapointed with you saxib, but I have come to accept that from you of late. I hope you recover your old ways.

yah right! Geedi Ganadheerah buys a 2.5 million dolla house in nairobi! and hes gonna built xamar

u know there is a chinese saying which says a chicken eats n shytes at the same time!! u remaind me of that...! which end is this coming out of??? :confused:

OLOL   

his whole clannish dream (enterprise ) has been shattered by the boys from Shiirkole, buulo xuubeey and xararyaale....so his plan B is since Xamar is not like Boosaaso and not governable by Tigre Farts and Goons - qndhicileey , injirleey iyo ruufiyaamiinta qawaafay ..let us move the capital to a new city...let us build a city from a scratch...how you gonna do that? since we know from the inception days of this TIGRE FARTS AND GOONS, they have been roaming around and wandering around the world ..begging for few hand-outs...which they never even served one ...as our esteemed professor Samatar put it ...served a cup of water to a Somali child...

this is shame...and shennanigan led by wiil shaati loo soo xiray...oo fanax dheer iyo oday aan fiyoobeen oo sixran...

Oh, he is talking about a grandiose project, of building a new city or may be a new economy from the scratch! This is may be the fanciest part of the dream of Ethiopian dabo-dhilif to abandon the old dream of invading Somalia and to sway for the new dream of building a shelter for the unbecoming dream that is to be dreamed in the next time of sleep!

Wallee sheekadii iney saan dhaleyso looma fadhin!

Caku iyo flip-floping dabo-dhilif!!

me   

We can talk about a purpose built capital, marka dhulka Soomaaliyeed oo dhan la mideeyo.

Now is not the time Duke and where do you suggest we build this capital?

At the moment we should just focus on rebuilding Xamar and bringing back its original inhabitants and making it a city worth to be the capital of a nation.

Emperor   

^^Xamar has changed a great deal my dear, rebuilding it and bringing back it's original inhabitants as you said is a daunting task, perhaps will mean spending more money and energy(interms of returning former inhabitants while taking out current inhabitants) than building a new one from scratch. Where would the ones that lived in the city, made it home and had delivered childeren in this sort of gang ridden environment for the past 16 years go. Given the significance of the matter how would you approach and convince them to give it all up and leave. On the other hand how would you convince the refugees that fled from their homes and lived either in the diaspora or elsewhere in the country for the past 16 years to come back.

As for a city destination, if at all a move is to be materialised, I would love it to be Marka - it's a beautiful small city and not far from Mogadishu, it has a port and will have the opportunity to build a whole new modern airport for tha capital purpose. The second choice would be Kismayo, a great city.

me   

1. Clean up the city centre for businesses and government buildings. All squaters should leave.

2. Build new neighbourhoods for the original inhabitants that want to return to Xamar.

3. Give back all the looted properties

4. When possible let the new inhabitants stay put.

I propose adding new purpose built neighbourhoods to Xamar. But the clans should first agree on giving Xamar a special status, as long as 1 clan is claiming Xamar is won't be a nations capital.

All the clans should agree on a special status for Xamar. Similar to D.C.

I would also propose that xamar should have a quota of people from all regions.

Emperor   

^My question remains, how feasible is this? would it be less amount of money and energy than building an only capital purpose built city - Keep in mind large population is unnecessary, people can still live in other big cities.

Duke what do you think about the new capital city being in GAlgaduud since many tribes live there isn't enought hospital, schools, roads, water, farms, business, jobs