Sign in to follow this  
SOULSEARCHER

The new world order doesn't care about somalis

I just finished reading an article that someone provided a link for here in this forum. I must say after reading it I have changed my view of somalia and the world in general. I mean have you guys stopped to think for a second how far behind we are in terms education,economical, and social issues. and if one of us tries to uplift our people all we can discuss qabils and old subjects meanwhile the rest of the world leaves us out. we just get left farther and farther behind and we don't care(not all of us).this guy who wrote the the aticle talks about how nobody wants to define the " New World Order" but it's proof of existence is all around us. weather or not it has clear definition. his example of it's exitence is how europe is tearing down it's "Old World Borders" starting with the Europiean Union and the introduction of the Euro as one currency for all members. They still mantain their ethnic nationality but they part of a NEW GROUP with similar interests and gaols. That is good example of the "New World Order". I think if we impleament a similar startagey for somali speaking people then we might get our diginity as people and our lands back(without firing a single bullet). I'm not tryin to bore anyone to death but he has piont, he also dosen't give a quick soultion for fixing somalia overnight. Rather he offers different senerios or ideas that all might work with everyones involvement. not just one side or country.

I would like some feedback from anyone else who read the article or any other person with input.

I will provide the link again for anyone interested

http://www.civicwebs.com/cwvlib/africa/somalia/1995/reunification/e_reunification.htm#TOC

The link is quite detailed thx for posting it, am gonna check it out a few more times before i am done with it

I share you view 100% soul searcher. I am a persamistic about somalis chances of survival because having seen what somali's are still dedicating the to here in the year 2003 i find it very hard to belive that we will not fall even further behind the rest of the world especially with these new Regional orders being developed. Unless something quite drastic happens, or some major changes occur i think somalis will simple be replaced and taken over in the years to come, indeed it is has been happening already.

Gabbal   

I agree with you Shujui, if something very important doesn't happen to our people and nation that can take us to the forefront of geopolitics than I'm afraid we will be left behind, and the sad thing is no one will really care but us.

And the second thing is, just like you said Shujui, we have been left behind for the last decade and we will coninue to be left behind if our people don't realize what their long-term interests are! A democratic government, a strong union, a properous economy, and a capable work force. And notice that they go together; if there is not a democratic government, then there isn't a strong union; if there is not a strong union, then there is not a prosperous economy; and if there is not a prosperous economy, then there is not a capable workforce!

Europe is uniting as a continent, and we Somalis are dividing an allready small nation. :( Sad.

Here is a scenario for all the Nomads here and everywhere in the world.

You are somewhere in this world. You have no rights where you are..... You have to fight 200% to get what a person with a home/country should easily achieve. You are an outcast and looked upon with scorn as almost done in the west regardless of your achievements. You have the stigma of someone who burns everything and anything they come close to. You have no future and are finally a true NOMAD who has to walk around to find greener pastures but then again them lands and pastures you looking for belong to others who settled there and worked hard for it. You take but never give back anything and always live like a thief. You easily get excited by freebies and can move thousands of miles for just that. Most of all you can never decide to earn a true life of family and bringing that family up with your sweat instead of handouts that trickle down from people who have more than you ever comprehend. We want to live like millionaires, stars but we have no clue how or where to get that.

We become slaves as the others accumulate more wealth from the downfall of our Nation.

The above wouldnt be so far from reality should we continue with the path we are on as Somalis.