Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Demonstrate agains Riyaale in UK

WE HEARD ABOUT THIS, AND ME AND ALL MY BOYZ ARE GOING THERE, PLUS SO MANY PEOPLE FROM LONDON, CARDIFF, LIVERPOOL, BRISTOL, BIRMINGHAM,MANCHESTER, MILTON KENYES, ARE COMING FROM FROM ALL THOSE CITIES

WE HEARD FEW HATERS ARE GONA COME DO DEMONSTRATE AGAINTS THIS, SO JUSIN CASE WE TAKING KNIFES, STICKS, HAMMERS ALL TYPES OF WEAPONS, WE GONA COME ON NATIONAL TV LIVE, BEATING UP SOME HATERS,

LOOK OUT 4 ME .ILL BE THAT NIGGA WITH THE S.N.M TATOO ON MY ARM

Rahima   

And I was referring to the fact that your reasons for seceding cannot stand on both legs for they do not apply just to the North, everyone was butchered- it was not only the brethren of the North who suffered, we all did.

I think the simple reason of because we want to is much more appropriate. Do as you like, if you guys vote for it then it is not for us to meddle.

N.O.R.F   

it was not only the brethren of the North who suffered, we all did.

with regard to the 'civil war' only, Somaliland suffered with the country as a whole i know, but only somaliand is seeking indepedndence with cries from all those who didnt do a thing to help or stop the war. How can this be accepted by Somalialnders??? Come back to the same ppl who didnt lift a finger to help us in the 1st place,,,,,

Gabbal   

Bari Nomad

I've already stated my case and I will do it again. I am against Abdulahi Yusuf and those that support, but never against "Puntland", so long as it is part of Somalia.

It seems to me like a lot of Nomads who come from Bari, seem to equate Abdulahi Yusuf with Puntland. That is unfortunate, as I know a lot of people have lost hope in that peace process in Garowe. The reason? Your murderer of a leader.

But you are sounding very desperate and anti-PuntLand lately.

Secondly I wanted to address this point. Because I questioned the motives of an individual who blatantly supports the hostile takeover of the whole northeast, I am sounding desperate? That's the biggest hypocritical stance I have seen in a while. Come of it, dear boy.

I very much support the peace, prosperity and development of "Somaliland", whether it sounds treacherous to you, Smith, or whomever. As I support the peace, prosperity, and development of "Puntland".

And to be honest with you, there is no need for a demonstration as recognition of any seccessionst region in Somalia is not coming. the protest will be adding to the hype and giving it more spotlight.

sahal   

Originally posted by HornAfrique:

Bari Nomad

I've already stated my case and I will do it again. I am against Abdulahi Yusuf and those that support, but never against "Puntland", so long as it is part of Somalia.

.... I am against Abdulahi Yusuf and those that support... what about the other warlords and those who support them?

.....but never against "Puntland", so long as it is part of Somalia..... What about Somaliland who clearly expressed that they don't want to be part of Somalia?

Rahima, you're absolutely right. There is no need for bad mouthing Somalia Proper. If anything, we should be praying for it.

This whole demonstration is a hypocracy, but I welcome it.

There is no need to compare apples and oranges.

However, I do believe that some if they were in the position of power today and had the means to carry it out, they would just by reading their comments. lol That is why I laugh when Mr. Odweyne calls them defeated lot. I'm sure those are the only people Mr. Odweyne is targeting, not an ordinary citizen of Somalia Proper. smile.gif

BN   

Sahal,

You, like many of us, see all to clearly the hypocracy and doublespeak of our brother HornAfrique. I wish you good luck in trying to get a straight answer out of him.

Dear Horn,

Please get off your high horse. You arent fooling anyone.

Originally posted by HornAfrique:

It seems to me like a lot of Nomads who come from Bari, seem to equate Abdulahi Yusuf with Puntland.

Can you explain this? It seems you are not very knowledageable about Puntland.

That is unfortunate, as I know a lot of people have lost hope in that peace process in Garowe.

You mean the peace process in Bosaso? What year are you talking about? You seem to be confusing yourself.

The reason? Your murderer of a leader.

I dont see JCJ or C/Yusuf as my 'leader' nor do I feel a need to come to their defense. Unlike you who always seem to defend the Godfather of Genocide and murder--Afweyn. If you want to list murders start with him and include Riyaale(1980's), Egal(1990's), JVA, AbdiQasim, etc. etc. Or do you suffer from selective memory?

Because I questioned the motives of an individual who blatantly supports the hostile takeover of the whole northeast,

First, you personally attacked SNW(ABUAMMAR)--which you know is against the rules here. Second, you should look at the people that supported Afweyn's 'hostile takeover' of Somalia and his ironfirst rule for 21 years. Not to mention all the southern warlords and their supporters.

I very much support the peace, prosperity and development of "Somaliland", whether it sounds treacherous to you, Smith, or whomever.

LOL. Demonstrating against the seperation of Somalia has nothing to do with supporting the peace and development of any region in Somalia. But you can believe whatever you choose.

Sxb, If you want to discuss C/Yusuf or any other warlord/leader/etc then start a topic on that. There is no need to attack on SNW in a discussion of a demonstration for Somali unity. Whether you agree with him or this topic.

BN

Bari_Noamad, bro dont waste your time on Horn he has a complex and seems to think that Abdullahi Yusuf is superman.

This is about RIYAALE and his crew and the danger they pose to the Somali nation.

All those for unity and national reconciliation please stand up.

The secession camp be assured the game has only begun.

Qudhac   

ABU-AMMAR AND BARI

it seems you two are willing to talk about somaliland and its democratically elected president daahir riyaale yet when someone mentions our uncle abdulahi yusuf we seem to get into a tangle, i wonder why that is,

could it be the truth is closer to home than we wish to believe.

could it be the enemy of somalia is more closer than we want to believe.

dear fellow somalis when ones true intention are clouded with venom, when ones smiles is served with poisonious frowns, when one diggs so many holes of hatered eventually they fall in it.

Qudhac,

We know who the Somali enemy is, its the ones who burn the nations flag, deport its poor and then beg its old colonial master for recognition.

Many here want to change the subject, some on purpose because they support the agenda of the Mad Mafia in Hargaysa. Others are plain ignorant and do not realise the gravity of the situation.

This i remind you is about the myth of Somaliland republic its about the hypocracy of the Mad Mafia and their absurd claim of selective victimisation.

So Qudhac and Ooodweyn we are going to unmask this little group if not this week soon lets be patiant.

Its about the unity of Somalia.

London,06-03-04 Sabti:-Dadweynaha Soomaalida ah ee ku dhaqan Dalka Ingiriiska Gaar ahaana Magaalada London ayaa waxa ay abaabul ugu jiraan sidii ay u soo qorshayn lahaayeen bannaanbax aad u Balaadhan oo lagaga Soo horjeedo Booqashada Riyaale uu ki imanayo Dalka Ingiriiska.

Booqashadan Riyaale ayaa la sheegayaa in aanay dawlada Ingiriisku wax shaqo ah ku lahaynn oo ay casuumeen hay'ado NGO Ah, waxaana la sheegayaa in tigidhada iyo kharashka ku baxaya safarkan ay bixiyeen oo ay qaadhaameen maalqabeeno ay ka mid yihiin Ninka Iska leh Shirkada Xawaalada ee Dahabshiil , Ina Boodhle,ninka iska leh Huteelka Ambastoor, Indha Deero iyo Rag kale oo badan.

Warar xog-ogaala ah ayaa waxa ay sheegayaan in ay doonayaan Riyaale iyo Kooxda la socotaa in ay safarkan ku kala bixiyaan gobolo badan oo ka tirsan Ingiriiska, si ay gacan maris u soo sameeyaan, markii uu istaagay dhaqdhaqaaqii ganacsi , gaar ahaan xoolaha nool iyo bagaashkii oo siyaasad xumida Riyaale isku taagay.

Mudaharaadadan ayaa waxa qaybweyn ka qaadan doona dadka Soomaalidaha ee ku dhaqan Dalka Ingiriiska iyaga oo ka hortagaya in lama jara habaabiyo ra'yal caamka Ingiriiska, waxaana hadda socda shirar lagu abaabulayo Mudaharaadkaas, iyada oo ay hormoodka yihiin mudaharaadkan jaaliyada u dhalatay Gobollada Sool, Sanaag Iyo Cayn, oo doonaya in ay muujiyaan in ay midnnimada Ummadda Soomaaliyeed tahay mid Muqadas ah.

Magaalada London ayaa waxaa iyaguna abaabul ka wada , qomiyada ka soo jeeda beelaha *****, oo iyaguna u ololaynaya in ay qabtaan muddaharaadyo lagu taageero imaatinka Riyaale, waxayna culayska Saareen sidii ay dad aad u tiro badan u soo jiitaan iyaga oo Kharash aad u tiro badan adeegsanaya oo ay bixiyeen ganacsadata ay Hormoodka ka yihiin , Ina Boodhle iyo Dahabshiil.

Waxaana ay dadka Telefoonada Mobilka aha ama kuwa gacanta lagu qaato u dirayaan dhanbaalo, ay kaga codsanayaan in ay kala soo qaybgalaan Dibad baxaas.

London

The British government should ask RIYALE why a traditional elder is being held in custody.

................................................................................

"The case against Boqor Burmadow: Impertinence and Defamatory" Defence Counsel

- Sunday, March 07, 2004 at 20:58

Hargeisa (AllPuntland) – Details of the case against the jailed traditional leader, Boqor Osman Aw Mohamoud “Burmadow” were released a couple of days ago by the Plaintiff's Solicitor for the first time since his arrest a few months ago in Hargeisa, Northwest Somalia (Somaliland).

Published in one of the local newspapers in Hargeisa, Mr Roble Michael representing the Plaintiff challenged accusations levied against his client while slamming what he called “the heavy-handedness and excessive use of intensity with which the government deals in civil cases”

The case against Boqor Burmadow according to the defence Counsel hinges upon two counts in reference to articles 208 and 220 cited “as were” from Somalia’s legal doctrine under the military regime of Mohamed Siyad Barre.

a) Article 220 deals with “debauching the image of, offending or defaming the President”

Under this article, the defence Counsel questions the legality, and under what conditions could a citizen be accused of defaming the character and image of the President. It is suggested that the case by the government in large proportion hinges on the provisions and stipulations of the above article. It is also argued that any law that attempts to muzzle, or penalize citizens for expressing adverse views, or portraying the President in bad light, is unconstitutional and undemocratic. It is noteworthy that Dahir Riyaale Kahin, Somaliland’s current President was a colonel in the notorious NSS (National Security Services) under the dictatorial regime of the former republic of Somalia, and is alleged to have committed crimes against humanity in Berbera between 1988-1990 – persecution, unlawful imprisonment and use of excessive force against innocent civilians who rioted against the then military regime. It was deemed criminal, under the then administration, and “a crime against the nation” to question the President, let alone portrays him in a negative light.

b) Article 208 provides “raising fear in public when at war, and beguiling the Nation”.

Mr Michael further argues, under this article that conditions under which “Somaliland” could be classified as being "in a time of war" could be construed under the constitution only by the Parliament and the House of Guurti [Traditional Leaders], and therefore is not solely at the government’s discretion to spin it unjustly in support of its case.

The government here argues that Boqor Burmadow revealed sensitive information concerning Riyaale and his administration’s contributions, financial as well as military, to the political conflict in the neighbouring Puntland State, which Boqor Burmadow along with Sultan Abdisalam Saeed successfully mediated early last year. It was claimed at the time that Riyaale was against the mediation, and the fallout between Boqor Burmadow and Riyaale was conceived thereafter. And by giving interviews which technically criticised the government for abandoning diplomatic recommendations while opting for violent means to resolving the Sool, Sang & Ayn issue, Boqor Burmadow was accused of planting seeds of doubt and fear in the minds of the general public.

The statement further illustrates the case against Boqor Burmadow in that it lists main points considered at the cornerstone of the Government's case.

It highlights that the Plaintiff is alleged to have:

a) Deliberately endangered the security of the nation by handing over weapons, ammunitions and explosives to the opposition forces of Gen. Adde Muse whose forces set up stations in El-Afweyn in western Sanag.

Here, the statement establishes that the said weapons, ammunitions and explosives had been given to Gen. Adde and his militia by Somaliland government to prolong the conflict in Puntland State. It is argued, contrary to the allegations, that Boqor Burmadow indeed advised the government not to provide weapons, ammunitions and explosives to the opposing army of Gen. Adde, suggesting that once the two sides reached an agreement, they could turn around and use the weapons against Somaliland. The government on its part argues that Boqor Burmadow was ordered to retrieve the weapons subsequent to a reconciliatory agreement reached between the Puntland parties, and that he desisted, and on such grounds, the Plaintiff endangered the security of the nation.

b) Advocated for a peaceful resolution to the conflict between Puntland and Somaliland over the disputed regions of Sool, Sanag & Ayn.

The statement asserts as indicative of the documents and videos presented that the Plaintiff advocated for peaceful resolution to the conflict. “Before going to war in order to secure the borders, let us explore peaceful means” Burmadow advised in the interviews. “I could be of assistance in the negotiations. And we do not want the matter to be turn into a tribal war between clans inhabiting in Sool & Sanag [his Habar Jeclo clan against and the ***** of ***** ]” he argued.

It is alleged that Boqor Burmadow knowingly mislead the general public, divulged national secrecy and exploited the weaknesses of the people by going public with sensitive information and agreements between him and Riyaale.

It is believed that the people of Northwest Somalia would not have sanctioned a war between the neighbouring regions had they known the facts over which their government was staging the war, yet the government in Hargeisa was, and it still is, determined to go to war despite all the odds being stacked against it. Defence Counsel points out that as a citizen Boqor Bumadow has every right to advocate for that, and for what he considers to be in the best interest of the nation, as many citizens share that view.

And finally, the Plaintiff is accused of

c) Disclosed terms of secret contracts and business dealings between an American firm, namely Red Sea and the Somaliland government.

Boqor Burmadow is also accused of publicly speaking of secret contracts between Somaliland and the abovementioned US firm. The contract brokered by Ismai'l Omar Ghelle, the President of Djibouti is said to give the US firm fishing rights and land usage. The finer details of the agreement, and who are the benefactors, its monetary value, and ramifications of its dealings are no fully known. It is claimed that the firm will undertake a project which is said to connect the ports of Jibouti to Berbera to which Boqor Burmadow spoke against.

The defence Counsel concludes in its statement by speaking against the misuse of authority and inherent nostalgic behaviour of militaristic rule and dictatorial systems of governance in curbing freedom of expression and civil liberties on the part of the government – the kind the military regime of Somalia was famous for. Judging from how the constitution is being abused and the rule of law distorted, he added the country is unfortunately manned by the remnants of the military regime and people of that generation.

Unprecedented in the post-civil war Somali history where traditional leaders have taken a centre stage in assuming the position of government as well as that of peace brokers after the collapse of State institutions, the case of Boqor Burmadow is perceived as challenging the customary role of traditional elders and their leadership as there hardly is a law that specifically defines tasks they could, or could not presume.

As disconcerting as the nature of the case is, the resolve on the part of the general public is admirable as violent uprising had not engulfed the region despite clashes resulting in deaths and injuries between government forces and supporters of Boqor Burmadow in Derarweyne and Karin early this week. Peaceful demonstrations calling for the release of Boqor Burmadow are being organised in towns and villages in Togdheer and western Sanag.

A former SNM general who wishes to remain anonymous told our reporter in Buroa that senior SNM officers, mainly of Haber Jeclo clan are now regrouping in El-Afweyn and Dararweyne environs. Militias initially dispatched to the frontline to fight against Puntland State police forces in Sool, Sanag & Ayn are now rethinking the purpose of a war which only serves the political schema of the ruling party.

Boqor Burmadow’s arrest perceived illegal, unconstitutinnal, and undemocratic in many corners is believed to have further widened the gap between the opposition and the government.

The officer noted that supporters of Boqor Burmadow have been organizing themselves and strategizing in Togdheer and Sanag since Boqor Burmadow’s illegal arrest. Efforts to avert further clashes are being made by traditional leaders, even though they seem to have given up on the issue as their role has been marginalised.

Qudhac   

ABU-AMMAR

While you may believe your own endless propaganda veiws, but you are fooling no one but yourself, you can quote allpuntland.com all you like but we know what this site spews out on a dailly basis is nothing but tribal and hate filled garbage, please is that all you have

everyone knows your angle, every somali has seen and heard your empty rhetoric before and your distorted political veiws, somalis have seen what you and yout likes are made of we have heard the fake drums of somaliweyn when you dont even know the core defenition of somali-weyne.

You and your likes may dream of your long gone political heydays but just make sure you take sniff of the cold breeze of reality from time to time. Believe me jumping up and down and kicking up a dust while while playing the same old political drum will not turn the politcal wheel of fortune that seems to have wizzed passed you.

As a somalilander i get smile on my face when people make fuzz about somaliland, why you may ask, becasue there is a saying that goes

"cidna ma xamato nin kabala"

cos no one makes fuzz about you if you nothing,

so may people make fuzz about somaliland forever.

ALLAH MAHAD LEH

MOHAMED BAA SHARAF LEH

SOMALILAND BAA GUUL LEH

Gabbal   

Bari Nomad are we back to that childish cherry-picking? Ohh lets see, that cherry is red (even though thats the only one) I guess the whole orchard is ready :rolleyes:

Beyond your age bro.

Sahal, seeing that you are an Alien, let me make myself clearer. I am for a united prosperous Somali Republic, and that is why am not against "Puntland", and "Somaliland"'s peace and development, even though I am against it's seccessionst stance.

Rahima   

Bari, Abu Ammar and Horn,

Brothers, just a quick sincere question.

Why on earth do you guys care about whether or not Somaliland wants to secede :confused: ? Why not just accept and move on with rebuilding what we have left? Maybe your energies would be best used on that.

Personally I see no point in wasting so much effort on folks that say to you in bold writing, WE DO NOT WANT TO BE PART OF YOU. I mean, I sort of think it’s embarrassing, it’s like begging someone to be your friend when they keep pushing you away. They have voted and with that, we say good luck to our brothers.

Let us move on. smile.gif