Sign in to follow this  
dhulQarnayn

Yusufism? Yay or nay? Non Puntlanders encouraged to contribute

I hope you don't misunderstand my question. What I want to ask is "Why do some folks think that Yusifism is evil?". I am asking a question, not making a statement. I am a Yusufite and a strong supporter of el Presidente Cabdulahi Yusuf.

Yusufism by definition is an intra-national Somali movement, started by Cabdulahi Yuusuf, that seeks to promote the unity of the people's of Puntland and safeguard their autonomy, relatedness and relevance in Somalia. This was primarily focused on the creation of the Puntland State Of Somalia in northeastern Somalia, and (having achieved this goal) continues to solidify and consolidate it's achievements so far, in somalia.

Without Yusufite ideology, Puntland would have simply been another lawless enclave in Somalia, just like Mogadishu. That was unacceptable for most Puntlanders because we have always prided ourself in having a modicum of law and order. Even before the civil war, when Maxamed Siyaad Barre saw us as a threat to his regime, most Somalis demonstrated their unwillingness to stand up for us, when he unleashed his forces on us. And in the days right after the civil war, most Somalis couldn't do much for us either, because they had their own plethora of misfortunes to deal with.

After the initial impact of those awful treacheries had worn off, Yusufism was collectively accepted by the remaining Puntlanders as the best survival strategy in the future against other crazy Somalis. Because as they say "Fool me once, shame on you--fool me twice, shame on me"; but, insha Allah, that won't happen.

So, why is Yusufism evil? I mean, Yusufites fight to preserve their rights and protect their homeland. I know Yusufite policies of pre-emption may seem unfair to non-Puntlanders, and that's why I wanna ask; what would you do different to promote the autonomy of Puntland and the security of Puntlanders at the same time? What would you do if you were from Puntland? Would you behave the same way? Or would you cry foul, and throw a fit like a lil b*tch forever?

I understand other non-Puntlanders and the misplaced hate that inspires them, and would probably fight Puntlanders,i.e, if I were a deviant false-jihadi or a rabbid secessionist.

dhulQarnayn :cool:

Republic Of California

Abwaan   

Originally posted by dhulQarnayn:

I am a Yusufite and a strong supporter of el Presidente Cabdulahi Yusuf.

I wouldn't bother ask you why as it is as clear as crystal.

Xaq   

the problem with yusufism is precisely the definition that you have given it. yusufism seeks to promote a segment of the somali population in a position(president of somalia) that should be promoting the interests of all of somalia.

yusufism is an exclusive movement. therefore, such movement will never be accepted outside of puntland.

Originally posted by Abwaan:

I wouldn't bother ask you why as it is as clear as crystal.

Well, I wouldn't ask why you give a damn about asking such an obvious question either.

Republic Of California

Originally posted by Xaq:

the problem with yusufism is precisely the definition that you have given it. yusufism seeks to promote a segment of the somali population in a position(president of somalia) that should be promoting the interests of all of somalia.

yusufism is an exclusive movement. therefore, such movement will never be accepted outside of puntland.

Saaxiib, first of all, thank you for attempting a go at it. But am afraid, you've only stated the obvious. The questions that I still need aswered by you are...

1)what would you do different to promote the autonomy of Puntland and the security of Puntlanders at the same time?

2)What would you do if you were from Puntland?

3)Would you behave the same way?

Thank you.

Republic Of California

Xaq   

1) i assume by this question you mean if i were a puntlander who was made president of somalia.

i would put the security of puntland on an equal footing with the security of all somalia. that is my job description after all. as president, i would be a humble figure who focuses on the reconciliation of all somalis.

this will in the long term ensure the security of all of somalia including puntland.

2)if i was a puntlander who was a clan nationalist then i would want a leader that was exactly like a/y. it would give me a chance to rave about hopw great my clan is and how superior we are compared to the other "savages".

if i were a puntlander who was thinking about his grandchildren then i would support anyone who shared a vision for a peaceful and prosperous somalia

3) see #2

Abtigiis   

Dulli-qarneyn

ike peeling an Onion, kolba shaad kii-hore ka sii yar ii soo xidho. Yesterday, Ethiopia waxaa dhulka loo keenay in dad kale lagu cabudhiyo in the name of reviving the Somali nation, and when that failed miserably (precisely because other learned how to cope with it - namely playing stooge to Ethiopia), the talk is about Peace in Puntland.

Saad u sii yaraanayso dhinaca maskaxda, yaad nigis ilmo-yar la ekaan doontaa!

By the way, Allpuntland, Carmooyin, garoweonline and multitude of Tribe sites are blowing their covers by running hairbrained stories about divison among Ethiopian leaders, Calling Nuur Cade names (one wrote Col. Nuur instead of PM Nuur). Why is this significant? because, before now, the cover was "we are supporting an internationally back Government". Now, I guess you all understand what it is. For those who were in doubt!

The problem with Yusufites is that they are a backward cult, dreaming about death and destruction for the attainment of mere titles and loots.

Qudhac   

Dhul

the only problems with your little cult of movement is that it requires someone else to do

the fighting for them as we have seen so many times before, withought some one else to fight on its behalf they tend to, leave their shoes behind,

i mean they are famous for this within the somali community, turning and running that is withough a shot being fired in anger.

so we just wonder when the ethopian tanks are no longer how long it will take them to get to garowe.

last time they had to fight withough xabashi was in las anod and we know the result there :D

Its a political stance. For unity of the country, federal structure and develotion of power from the centre Mogadishu to the regions, Hargaysa, Garowe, Baidoa, Kismayu, Beledweyne.

Its not a cult issue, much like Thatcherite, Blairite and Clintonian democracy are not.

Nice question.

Originally posted by B_G:

You make it seem like all PLrs support this ideology?

Not all. But a large majority. I think what people forget is that Abdullahi Yusuf was actually good for puntland and was a fair leader, hence why he has the support of puntlanders.

He's a leader and not like other warlords like Hiraale, Aweys etc who only have the support of a segment of their people.

BTW, I don't consider myself a yusufite but I understand why people are. I think Blind loyalty to any individual can be detrimental.

Originally posted by Abtigiis &Tolka:

ike peeling an Onion, kolba shaad kii-hore ka sii yar ii soo xidho. Yesterday, Ethiopia waxaa dhulka loo keenay in dad kale lagu cabudhiyo in the name of reviving the Somali nation, and when that failed miserably (precisely because other learned how to cope with it - namely playing stooge to Ethiopia), the talk is about Peace in Puntland.

Saad u sii yaraanayso dhinaca maskaxda, yaad nigis ilmo-yar la ekaan doontaa!

By the way, Allpuntland, Carmooyin, garoweonline and multitude of Tribe sites are blowing their covers by running hairbrained stories about divison among Ethiopian leaders, Calling Nuur Cade names (one wrote Col. Nuur instead of PM Nuur). Why is this significant? because, before now, the cover was "we are supporting an internationally back Government". Now, I guess you all understand what it is. For those who were in doubt!

The problem with Yusufites is that they are a backward cult, dreaming about death and destruction for the attainment of mere titles and loots.

I guess I shot myself on the foot when I said,"Non Puntlanders encouraged to contribute". I should have made it clear that I ONLY meant to get other Somalis from Somalia to contribute. I don't give a damn about the opinions of Somalis outside the republic like this hairbrained moocalf, A&T, who for some odd reason cannot simply mind his own business. A&T, my dear fellow, I know you're simply an caano boore guzzling refugee from kilil 5, who doesn't know any better, but do you really think that you will gain anything from chatting shit about Puntland affairs all the damn time? I've told you once and I've told you many times...even though you have every right to support the timorous ONLF and wage you war of independence against Ethiopia, for fcuks sake, you don't have the right to bad-mouth Puntlanders because we've refused your ONLF to wage their insurgency from Puntland soil. I urge you to take your bullshit insurgency to Ethiopia and leave us somalis to debate about our politics and affairs, in peace. Please go spew your hate and myopic vitriol on some ethiopian owned website instead of always posting such rubbish, noone cares for, on this somali sites.

Puntland, waxba kumeyna dhimin ee orod oo dantaada raac--caana boorahana iska kala yaree intaadan ku waalan. :D

Republic Of california