Sign in to follow this  
Coloow

should NFD (northern frontier district) opt for self determination?

hmm, a dilemma, sorry, it seems everyone in a way agreeing to the issue of liberating nfd, well tis possible, the question is, when is somalia gonna liberate itself?

you see we have to think about this in defferent corners, you have the somalia crying still, you have the ethopian side of somalia wanting to join up all in time, and then you have the part of kenya wanting to join up also to the somali republic, and yet the somali republic is no where to be found, still lost in the midst of its own people.

i understand what you are trying to say enterpreneur, but lets not act in anger but in wisdom. you see alot of things are done out of anger and lead to a point of no return, so a most concise way would be to negotiate with the government of kenya, and u don't go straight to them, u dig up the cases, and fight it as a human rights issue, u take it to the formarly known committee OAU, sorry lost the name there, but u can take it in that way.

now since u deal with this in a human act way, u give the somali kenyans their respect and dignity back, there way of living in harmony, although the government won't be pleased, but when certain decisions are made, i believe the nfd people will have it under control. without wars and without fighting for independence.

now when that is achieved, i believe maybe then we will here the republic of somalia starting to come along and building itself. and whenit is built, u just take the issue to the laws and boundary acts etc.

a suggestion from a sista

firstly nice to seee somali kenyans thinking to rejoin the rest of somalia,also nice really see somali guys thinkg beyond somali-triblism,that so good and i advice u all to keep up.

secondly i would like to to remind the young somali thinker that we should always be aware of the certain realities including that of social and economic issues,and also of politicals,things are not as easy as we might asume,i am certain that all of who are taking this are either in westworld or wellsafed,i definitely think somali-kenyan are better of somalia,i know some of may disagree but the fact of the matter is that somali kenyans become one of strongest kenyan communities.they gruately build strong participation in kenyan goverments.indeed i thinksomalia was much responsiple of all the emergency that kenya oposed on somali.all of u who read the history knows what somali goverments tried to do.was it to liberate nfd? i think it wasn't, i think it was operations to gain somali puplic opions,

that had happened in west somalia,and we all know the result of that preations.how was it?i wait the comments

Ladiif   

Ganacsade,

It’s very shocking to hear that you even think about starting a shifta movement in the region. NFD is part of Kenya and I think, it’s in the best interest of the province to remain with the rest of the country. You said the province is backward in terms of social, political, and economic aspects. No tarmac roads, water sources. But my question to you is whose fault is this?

Bacadle, blame your own corrupted minded representatives such as Hussein Moallin and his likes who are at the forefront to undermine their own people and misuse the province Budget. Wasn’t Hussein the Head of the Ministry of Water? The same guy who spent the Province’s budget on Eldoret water system just to please the same guys you claimed to be oppressing your ppl. NFD needs leaders who have the best interest of their ppl in heart NOT a swine like Hussein.

Xuska

Coloow   

Latif (xuska9 LOOOOOOOOOOL@ganacsade- I thought I was dulaal!

Xuseen moalin; xersi; the reed siid dynasty in mandera, fartaag; affey etc are somalis who opted to sleep with the enemy. To me they represent a bunch of people who were hired by the kenyan colonial government.

I think we have had some progressive leaders; Ogle; cabdi khalif; biloow kerow; shacban, keinan etc- but what could they do when colonial kenya reacted to their every move to better things.

Yes, I would love to rejuvinate a shifta movement; a peaceful one: somalis in the NFD and in down kenya have no commonalities with kenya.

If you have been to kenya, you would have witnessed how somalis are treated in that country.

Interesting facts by insiders concerning Kenyan Colonialism (both Kenya and its Ethiopian historical ally are eager sponsors of the "government", crowned in Nairobi), lest that the vast NFD with its oil now under exploration, may be eclipsed (without implying of course that the routine atrocities reported by international sources about Somali Galbeed are less deserving)!

PS: with both the widespread atrocities in Somalia under as well as the vast Somali Galbeed, illegaly annexed by Ethiopia as the demarcation line was only provisional, are unanimously described by worse than Darfur, how shameful to distract people by clannish propaganda or pure frivolity, even on Sol!