Sign in to follow this  
Vanquish_V12

I am concerned

i've been surfing through the islamic topics, n at times i felt adrenal rush just from shock, reading the things some of u write, can place u in hell subhanallah, may Allah forgive us all.

i believe forums r no place to discuss our deen. even if u have good intentions, some people will always find ways to twist things.

our deen is very important, if u wanted to learn mathematics or some other topic would go to a forum or take the appropriate course tought by a qualified teacher.

so i urge all of u to consider what u ask, and who ask these questions.

wasalam

Salaam 3alaykom.

MaashaAllaah you hit the nail on its head with something to spare gacan baan kuu taagay sxb :D

I will take this advice any given day without a shadow of doubt jazakaAllaah khayr bruv smile.gif

Leave the clarification of the deen to the ahlul 3ilm (people of knowledge), the scholars, the inheritors of the prophets.

Mujahid over and out !

Baashi   

I am very concerned too walaal.

Scanning through the “Is Hijab compulsory?” thread by rudy, I’m convinced more than ever that Islamic thread needs learned ‘mufti’ moderator. It is natural to have questions about your religion - those who want to know their religion do ask questions - but one has to be careful of where he gets answers or whom answers he accepts.

It’s not about ‘freedom of speech’ nor it’s about whether we can post difficult and challenging questions about Islam. It is about whether these questions can be best answered by screen characters in SOL. It is about whether Moderators save no effort to follow through and make sure these questions are correctly answered; or refer the inquirer to someone (or book) who will and can satisfy their quest for knowledge.

Illaahow na cafi.

Khayr   

Salaamz,

I STRONGLY DISAGREE!!!

WHY U ASK????

Because then your brothers and sisters who started this thread, are making Islam/the Deen

look like something that is to be De-constructed

and seperate from our thoughts and way of behaving and living.

In other words, if u tell nomads to stop talking about the deen and discussing it b/c they don't have a stamp from AL-Azhar or Medina University etc. (as if Alim/Knowledge and Hikma/Wisdom where limited to institutions , then you are basically SECULARIZING the DEEN.

Which is what they teach you at Public Schools and the workplace and unfortunately sometimes in the home.

"Leave Islam to the Professionals"

I can understand inshallah that your niyah might be for the right thing, but what your suggesting

is very dangerous cause you are then

Secularizing the Deen and seperating it from our thinking, our lives and behaviours. [/i]

If we were to never discuss anything about the Deen and where discouraged to do so,

then what do we all have most in common, after Islam. Just Nationality and that bond is what holds the Nonmuslims together and not the Muslims, and to add, just look at the other forums and what luducrious, circular arguments some nomads get into.

Inshallah, the real reason why I come to SOL

and why I came to SOL in the first place

is because of the discussions in the ISLAM FORUM.

Walaalyaal, please don't SECULARIZE THE DEEN.

Its like saying don't discuss Islam when you come to a masjid because you are not Knowledgable. If you tell people this at the masjid, I can tell you that the likely hood of them wanting to come back to the masjid just dropped dramatically.

Cause you are trying to seperate Islam from their Life and way of thinking.

Fi Amanallah

Raxmah   

I think discussing Islam is important, I think ppl ask questions so they can learn from their brothers and sisters. Not all of us are knowledgeable about every aspect of Islam but am sure each of know something other do know, and it wouldn't hurt to share it if ppl asked abt it, if the person feels comfortable with advive given to them is up to themor go ask a an alim, The problem arise though when someone answers a question they have no knowledge of, I dont think discussing Islam should stop, but I think ppl asking the question shouldn't take the advice, unless they are sure the answer given to them is a fact, they should do more research on their own, and ask a muslim scholar.

Rahima   

Jazaakum Allahu Khayr walaal, great advice indeed! smile.gif

Undoubtedly it is important that Islam is learned by way of discussion but it is the methods of discussion that seem to be amiss here in this forum (as I have noticed).

Islam is a completed religion, therefore there is no place for phrases such as “I think…” and “but…(after clear proof has been given)”. One either has daleel (proof) or not. And even for rulings based on Qiyaas and ijtihad- I’m quiet sure no one here is qualified to give any!

Therefore I feel we nomads need to stop doing Islam wrong by focusing on proofs rather than or our caql.

I was not very clear for some of you it seems, i dont see a problem in discussing this religion and advising in each other, in whats good and forbiddig whats evil. but when some1 comes to this forum to get an answer for a question that might have great affect on the state of their deen, this might lead to many problems. as u all know Islam is not a religion where the means justify the ends. inshallah my Allah give us guidance.

wasalam

Originally posted by think_tank:

reading the things some of u write, can place u in hell subhanallah, may Allah forgive us all.

According to my mom, when there is an islamic discussion going on, the angels are protecting us. How can I be placed in hell if I have a genuine question? So you should say..I should close my eyes and let the nearest sheikh lead me towards the right path? I don't think so.

Islam is a completed religion, therefore there is no place for phrases such as “I think…” and “but…(after clear proof has been given)”. One either has daleel (proof) or not. And even for rulings based on Qiyaas and ijtihad- I’m quiet sure no one here is qualified to give any!

Lets go back to the 4 scholars....they disagree with each other in many of the matters...so according to you, they shouldn't have raised those issues that they disagree with? Doesn't make any sense. And how about the modern scholars, don't they not modify older rulings?