Sign in to follow this  
Som@li

Milad an-Nabi - Birthday of the Prophet Muhammad

Som@li   

Today is the 12th day of Rabi-al-Awwal,which is the birthday our Prophet Muhammad,Pbuh. And it is holiday here in UAE.

I rememeber this day used to a day of Dikr and celebrations in Somalia, good memories! I wonder if still this is the case.

Remembering our Prophet

N.O.R.F   

This didnt stop alcohol being served at 2pm at the Dubai World Cup horse racing yesterday. Usually alcohol is not served on a 'religious' holiday until 7pm!

:rolleyes:

Taliban   

Originally posted by Northerner:

This didnt stop alcohol being served at 2pm at the Dubai World Cup horse racing yesterday. Usually alcohol is not served on a 'religious' holiday until 7pm!

I don't get the lament; Dubai or the UAE is ruled with a secular system, not Sharia'. If this was Afghanistan under the rule of the Taliban and they served alcohol, then your lamenting would have been understandable.

Taliban   

Originally posted by Northerner:

Lets not pretend the Taliban set a good example ya Afghani.

Where is the source of what we read or learn about the Taliban? Western media outlets. If the Taliban set a good example, those who control the media would honestly inform Muslims? Before the Taliban, the Afghan mujahideens and Al-Qaeda were portrayed as the good guys because they were serving the West's interests by fighting the Soviets. Now, the Taliban and Al-Qaeda are no longer the good guys, because it's not in the West's interests that they rule with Sharia', because Sharia' makes Muslims superpowers.

i am gonne wait till 17 april also in hargeysa we gone do then the mawla ta nabbi becous then also the sixt imam jacfar al sadiq was also born

our great grandfather

Som@li   

^Acuudu bilaaHI,that is when the Shia mark the prophet's birthday,

North, Yes it was holiday for us, I work for Islamic entity.

Ameen   

SUBHAN'ALLAH

I thank Allah for His many blessings and I seek refuge with Him from the evils of myself and as for this thread, no comment.