Sign in to follow this  
milk

The right men for the job Abdulah Yusef president

milk   

brother's and sister as we all know today about our homeland and the way it is the only way to put somalia on it's feet again is to have not a good leader but a great one and from my understanting abdulah yusef is the men we need in the somalia office.

Ps: a leader has a history of leadership and this men has that and more.

www.bbc.co.uk/.../somalia terrorists.shtml

milk   

sorry it's not from my understanding it's from the understanding of every somalia person that really understand him because most somalia people do not know what or who a leader is all they know is that the men with the gun and money is the leader and that's not what a leader is a leader is some one who first become a leader for his people and then his country and that what Abdulah is doing puntland and then somalia

Waaq   

This is about the only time I will agree with Horn Afrique.

But Abdullahi Yusuf is a megalomaniac who is obsessed with power. If he becomes president it can only lead to one path - a dictatorship.

Even the former dictator commented on his nature, I believe the quote goes, "if you think I am dictator, imagine if Abdullahi Yusuf was in power."

Gabbal   

and now he'll be most likely the president of the Democratic Republic of Somalia

I beg to differ, but we all have our opinions.

Jumatatu   

First and foremost anyone who seeks to be a president in Somalia today will obviously be facing a tough task and should be prepared and know what is required of him/her. Above all the background of such a person should not be tainted and should be a person who has a conviction and commitment to the work ahead. Numerous peole have put their names in the hat and just by glancing at the names it makes one puke. One of them Abdullahi Yusuf whom is being presented here as a saviour and a great leader capable of leading Somalia ( God spare us the thought). Now in most cases when you are seeking a service of any kind you carry out a background check of the supplier and see if he has satisfied previous customers. Hence if the Somali citizen had the oppurtunity of doing just that before selecting any of the candidates for the job, am sure that they will not only be discarded but banned from even participating, but alas such chance is absent.

Now for those of you who is masquerading Colonel Abdullahi Yusuf here please show a lil respect for our knowledge of him.

This man became a savior of his supressed clan first, then the mastermind behind an entire state called Puntland and now he'll be most likely the president of the Democratic Republic of Somalia Insha Allah. He sure as hell got my vote.

As far as your vote is concerned you can go and vote for Papa Doc for all I care but please stop this sham definition of a warlord. May be you could answer this C/llahi Yusuf is responsible for the dead of while he was head of SSDF (1) Caydiidki Dhulbante, (2) His own brother in law 'Ina cirid-yambo',that is only top known figures there are countless other murders attitributed to him. He simply eradicated those whom he deemed are a threat to his helm and supporters. Recently in Galkacyo he was responsible for the barbaric killing of 'Ugaaska Moxamud Cumar', and ironically of the killing of his own cousin Bixii.

Leave all that, he organised an armed and blood shed coup against the preseident of the Puntland Regional Government, Jama Ali Jama, which resulted to the killing of many innocent civilians. he has banned all religion organisations in Puntland on the pretext of US fight against Al-Qaeda and ordered the arrest and handing over of nominal Sheikhs to Ethiopia in the fight against terrorism. The man strives on conflict and manupilative control.

For heavens sake 'beenta ka xishowda'.

he'll be most likely the president of the Democratic Republic of Somalia Insha Allah.

I don't think so. Ethiopia out of the picture for the moment he is not capable of reaching consensus with different groups who will be a key for him to reach that position. The guy is dictator by nature and spent all his life to become a president. Insha Allah he won’t be a president for Somalia and probably he will be in a prison cell where he belongs.

Baashi   

Dictator that he is and anyone who don't see that side of the caqiidka is in denial. Having said that, I wouldn't overlook the other boyz in the line-up. Qasim, Caato, Qanyare, Jees, Riyale, Yalaxow, Barre Hiiraale, and Co. waa isma dhaanto iyo dhasheed. if you ask me.

In his current capacity as the leader of Puntland, he is way better than some of the so-called leaders/warlords south of Galkacyo...but wait some say yeah but the residents there bent backward to put up with him...true that too.

Just a thought...spare me for the xag-xagasho plz...aduunyo!! waxayba joogtaa gacan ku gabasho! icon_razz.gif

zynab   

it is intersting how people view issues differently because i have always thought qassim to be a dictator , and if he became a presidant somalia would only go backwards. isn't he why we left our peacful country.

A-yusuf is more likly to be the next leader of somalia for many reason then one, he's actions act accordly on the bases of his religion. in short he has a good heart , fear of allah, and his goal is to see somalia with a govertment wheather he is the leader or not.

don't let ur vote be controled by qabil or honor just think in terms of who is going to benfitual the most towards ur family and improve the standard of living

Sincere   

Ive avoided this thread, but this is beyond pathetic

A-yusuf is more likly to be the next leader of somalia for many reason then one, he's actions act accordly on the bases of his religion. in short he has a good heart , fear of allah, and his goal is to see somalia with a govertment wheather he is the leader or not.

Are you for real. C/Y lacks the tact or diplomacy to lead puntland forget somalia. He has muscled out the intellectual political pundits, assissinated who he considered "potential" threats. Lets be real, he is the sole reason why Puntland transformed itself into a region where the gun rules supreme, rather than a couldren of democracy. He rebuffs at any attempts of immediate cessation of armed hostilities, when it does not go in his favour.

But oh he has a good heart, so he is worthy of president, gimme a break.

Qasim is a rookie compared to C/Y in dictatorship. C/Y has had a dictator mentality, since 1978. His charade is crystal clear to some, while the rest are blinded by clan loyalty.

Yeniceri   

LOL

This gotta be a propaganda campaign. I don't think writing words on the Internet can erase Cabdullahi Yusuf's past! Religious? The guy arrested innocent civilians, shaved their heads and said that they were terrorists!

Leave the propaganda at home yo. Real talk.

Som@li   

^^ i am with u? we all know the history of somalia, but it is possible that this time abdulahi yusuf or another warlord may come out as the president of somalia??? that worries me :mad:

NGONGE   

WD,

There is no smoke without fire, saaxib. Lets assume you’re right and that C/Y is as innocent as the Wolf was from Nabi Yusuf’s blood, it still doesn’t mean that people don’t believe these stories about him. He’s damaged goods, saaxib. If you’re going to support someone for the leadership, at least do it with someone who is going to get support from most factions of the Somali population. C/Y can’t command the full support of Puntlanders, never mind the rest of Somalia.

If you want to spend your time on this thread defending him and refuting the accusations made against him, that’s fine and very noble of you. Just know that these accusations (regardless of their truthfulness) render him ineligible as a Somali leader.