Sign in to follow this  
Somali Castro

The AWDAL MOVEMENT (No Somaliland, Yes Somali Republic)

RedSea   

Somali castro,

Yeah it's very mature of you to reveal your 'big secret' to us. Nice going man. :D

Also who are these 'fellow' Awadalites you keep talking about? I hope you're not talking about Marx, Rooble or Serenity, all of whom are from Awdal, but would laugh at your face for mentioning such smoke cloud Movement of yours. I mean really how promising is thing thang. Awdal has somaliland's presidency on a lock for last five years and plus, the best educational school at amoud Uni. I can't imagine what your imaginery movement has to offer that they don't get in somaliland? Yaan lagugu qoslin.

Stop insulting our intelligence with non existant stuff. You've not spoken to one, nor will there be a meeting somewhere in UK 'sometime' in summer. :D

ps. You're not from Awdal ee beenta jooji.

NGONGE   

^^ He might be telling the truth. I mean, come on now, there has not been an Awdal movement in more than fifteen years. There is a gap in the market you know. :D

Maybe now we shall see A&T's theory finally coming to life. :D

ps

Xidigo, you're not alone anymore, fellow citizen. smile.gif

Abtigiis   

The amphibian Ngonge, from the comfort of dual citizenship, is trying to redicule Castro. But I have always been aware of the immense feeling against secession of the Awdalites. Awdal people are not like the hot-tempered people of Sanaag. They keep it low until the time comes and they make their preferences known. It is not only about temper. They are also predominantely agro-pastoralists, with significant sedentry life. Hence, they are not the best in the war department. At least until now.

But make no mistake. For them home is Somalia, the detour house is Somaliland. Those Awdalites, who sing to the SL jingo are those only fated to join and remain in the adminstration of loot by sheer limitation of personal prospects, and by the overwhelming fact of a shrunk horizon.

The people have no place for the false chants from the dark political effigy superintending over SL on their behalf. They know the shrill slogan is being chanted for a purpose. One of it is the chain of villas bought in Cairo.

RedSea   

Rer Awdal are not an opportunist group. Shame on you for insisting that. They are our people by birth and blood. Dadka walalaha ha isku dirina.

It's all about interest and not clan affiliation. The same clans that reside in Awdal and Gabiley make a significant percentage in Djibouti, yet they don't keep screaming of joining one another.

Abtigiis   

Originally posted by Abtigiis &Tolka:

Those Awdalites, who sing to the SL jingo are those only fated to join and remain in the adminstration of loot by sheer limitation of personal prospects, and by the overwhelming fact of a shrunk horizon.

Does this speak of AWdal or groups?

Mujaahid, adna kolka reerka laga hadlo unbaad kutubta tuurtaa ood qof kale noqotaa? hay masabidin. :D

RedSea   

Originally posted by Abtigiis &Tolka:

But make no mistake. For them home is Somalia, the detour house is Somaliland.

In other words, somaliland is their launching pad to reaching else where? I stand corrected.

They know the shrill slogan is being chanted for a purpose. One of it is the chain of villas bought in Cairo.

Refering to Rayaale's house eh?

Basically, you're saying rer Awdal are in it while Rayaale is in office, but will abandon Somaliland once he leaves his Presidential post. That is selfishness and an opportunistic.

Somaliland maaha meel ku gaadh. Cidna lagama yeelaayo taas.

NGONGE   

Amphibian? :D

A&T, I ridicule him because that is all he deserves. He talks about having an intellectual discussion but does not have the faintest idea of how to (even begin to) perform one.

Still, he's not alone. He is actually in the right place. Mistaking opinions for facts has always been what SOL is all about.

When you (and Somali Castro or any others) can respond to the facts I have given you in this thread and others (not to mention the pictures Red Sea posted), I may just start to take you seriously. For now though, keep on looking at that Crystal Ball. smile.gif

Abtigiis   

Ngonge

In Social science, facts take a different shape than in the concrete world of real science where lab test in controlled enviroment are used. It is explanation, observation which involves generalisation, and the logic of induction and deduction that works best.

You are cold-blooded. Do you dispute that?

:D:D

Redsea

just to deny you the PR victory you are craving to, let me say it again. I am talking about opportunistic groups in Awdal. As far as Somalia being home is concerned, yes, the entire people of Awdal look for it, but are content with the adminstrative arrangement of SL as it is now. That doesn't make them opportunists, it makes them pragmatists.

RedSea   

Tolka,

When you say they are innit for the short ride due to political arrangements currently in place, and not so much in favor of the project to the core; it paints opportunism. For the record, I'm not accusing rer Awdal for such thing, you are. I believe rer Awdal are predominately pro Somaliland and I've proved it.

Nuff said. Now if you excuse me, waan sexanayaa ee maalin wanaagsan. :D

Abtigiis   

They are there because there is no anywhere else to go to. Does that subside your headache.

Awdalites were not killed by Siyaad Barre's regime (in fact they were the prime beneficiaries). The quest for secession drives from the martydom syndrome and the feeling of anguish. That is the bottom of it. You can sugarcoat with reference to pre-union independence, but it is common knowledge that resentement is the key driver of this ambition.

I have no reason to believe Awdalities will want to seceed from the rest of Somalia, with whom they share so much.

All the proof I have seen, substantiate this.

NGONGE   

^^ You are playing devil's advocate in here, are you not? I refuse to believe that your brain has suddenly turned to mush and seriously believes this nonsense you're selling, saaxib.

Up your game, adeer. The greatest agitators always employed a modicum of truth in their arguments. There is no verifiable truth in yours.

If it were not embarrassing it would be funny.

redface.gif

RedSea   

Tolka,

LOL. This is ex-Northern SOMALIYA. Hence, they are where they should be.

Rer Awdal were recruited by the fascist regime of Siyad barre and pitted against the other main clan of Somaliland. Mostly they, rer Sool and E.sanaag and further, the mass exodus from Somali galbeed who fled the Ethiopia-Somali war of '77 were also recruited to build an oppressive force.

This resulted a disaster and can be traced back to the ill-feelings that resulted in the bloody inter clan fighting when Siyad Barre fascist regime collapsed.

Though indirectly, Rer awdal did suffer from the actions of Siyad Barre. Actually all somalis somewhere or another suffered in some ways.

Later, it took a grand peace conference under a qudhac tree, the old fashion way to bring the disgruntled and warring clans of Somaliland together to decide their fate from thereon then. The Garads of Sool, the educated of sanaag and the thinking hats of rer Awdal were all available in that conference. Then Somaliland was reborn again.

You see you have to understand that rer awdal, rer 'traingle' and sool, E.sanaag all share common sub culture, dialect. Thus if Hargeisa, burns down today or experiences difficulty then Boroma will also be effected by it.Same to Burco and las Anod and Erigavo. If we die, they die. We're all in it and are inseparable. It's nearly impossible that each area survives under its own power, they have so much mixed in together.

Dhankaa dhan dheh.

ps. Don't be naive. Off course without miss managements of previous regimes, people would have gotten along and many would have been saved. However not the case today, so people have gone their own ways to find an administration suitable for their needs.

1st, I would like to say that I appreciate all the responses to my article, both for and against the Awdal Movement.

2nd, Those who are not Awdalites, please don't try to speak on our behalf...stick to Hargaysa, Burco, or Berbera, but don't speak as you know what we're thinking in Awdal.

3rd, Yes, we Awdalites are being opportunistic, I will admit that. I guarantee that once we lose our power position you will think differently of us, b/c of our subsequent actions.

4th, This article was not intended to convince you Uncle Toms about our position. Therefore, relax this has nothing to do with you, as you will see in the future what we Awdalites will do. There is no reason to get all emotional over the internet, while you hide behind your cpu.

5th, and lastly, I don't expect you Unlce Tom Somalilanders to understand the position I'm taking, this is a position of liberation and unity, one against imperialism. Must I remind you that you Uncle Toms fought against our beloved Somali hero Sayyid Mohamed Abdilahi Hassan, on the side of the British! Must I remind you Uncle Tom Somalilanders, that it was YOU who welcomed the British at Berbera! So it doesn't surprise me that the descendants (Berbera-Burco-Hargaysa triangle) of these traitors (who sided with the British Colonialist) are now justifying their very existence to European Imperialism (by stating that the British ordained the Somaliland jurisdiction).

I'm from Awdal, the "Home of Ahmed Guray" and we Awdalites will never succumb to European Imperialism. We will never turn our back on our Somali brothers and sisters, who are also our brothers and sisters in Islam!

Chimera   

SomaliCastro don't use Universal Somali figures for your own clan interests, you disgust me. The so-called clan your degrading with the slur Uncle Tom had numerous leaders and fighters joining the Dervish State. If i had access to my books i would cite them.

Seriously i don't think it's wise that a myopic and hatefull character such as yourself became a spokes person for 'any Somali group' political or non-political.

Listen I did not disrespect no clan, nor am I trying to use universal Somali figures for my clans interest. This is concrete facts that your "books" will tell you. The British were welcomed at Berbera, and it was those who reside in the "triangle" who assisted the British during the fight against our beloved hero, Sayyid M.A. Hassan.

As aforementioned, please don't get emotional behind your cpu looool, seriously. If you side with the Imperialist you are an Uncle Tom, those who sided with the British are Uncle Toms, those who sided with the Ethiopians, during the recent invasion, are Uncle Toms, if you do not side with your Somali Muslim brothers and sisters, than YOU ARE AN UNCLE TOM! I'm not generalizing no tribe, no clan, but folks who side with the enemy.