Sign in to follow this  
Castro

Somali envoy to US accepts 'tall order' of new job

Castro   

CHE, you're telling jokes today, saaxib. We're having trouble putting people of other clans in the government and you're talking about other religions. Somalis have another 800-1000 years of evolution before they get to where you hope. You're a millennium ahead of your time awoowe.

Shilling   

Originally posted by Peacenow:

quote:Originally posted by Shilling:

quote:

Originally posted by Peacenow:

quote:

Originally posted by Shilling:

HBU is a Christian university where the Christian faith and learning go hand in hand. So unless this Arman individual is a Christian I have every reason to be shocked. I thought the man was Muslim and in my opinion no Muslim should even consider attending a Christian university; again ninka maa laa hubaa inuu Muslim yahay?

So what if it is. Such hypocrisy. Why are you living in the West then??
I have no problem with HBU, as a Muslim though I wouldn't consider attending it for the same reason a Christian wouldn't considering attending Al Azhar university in Cairo or the University of Madina Munawara since the focus on both institutions is the Islamic faith. I worship Allah not the cross; HBU has every right to fulfill its responsibility on the renewal of Christian higher education on Christians, a Muslim though has no place in it is all I'm saying. No hypocrisy in that.
There is nothing wrong with attending a Christian focused institution. All the better if it encourages inter faith dialogue and networking. What is wrong with that?

You are part of these heretics that are quite happy to live off Western technology and work and then promote hatred. You have done nothing and contributed nothing but failure. Your values, culture, thought process. All failed.
There is everything wrong with attending a Christian focused institution if your Muslim. I don’t know whether or not your being naive here, but a Christian faith-based school expects its teachers, including its student to support its Christian perspective. Case in point (Read the link):

http://wyndham-leader.whereilive.com.au/news/story/muslim-student-teacher-refused-position-at-christ ian-college/

And for the record I’m all for interfaith dialogue and networking between Christians and Muslim just not in a Christian focused institution or an Islamic one for that matter. Neither supports the others perspective and since that is the case a true genuine interfaith of anything in my opinion can only take place in a setting free of either’s influence.

p.s. Easy with the personal attack sxb; I strongly believe in Surah 109:

I do not worship what you worship,

nor do you worship what I worship.

And I will not worship what you worship,

Nor will you worship what I worship.

Your way is yours, and my way is mine.

Thus, I respect all fellow humans regardless of their beliefs, race, or cultural background.

Shilling   

Originally posted by Che -Guevara:

Somali Christian has every right to be in the Somali government!!!

Indeed! Just confused about this Arman individual's faith, thank you for clarifying.

The Zack   

Horta why does this Peacenow person jump up and down when Christianity is mentioned, I also wonder why does he/she hide behind the "west" subject?

Peacenow, if you believe in christianity just say so yo don't be beating around the bush nooooooooh!

Shilling,

Yo, Shekh Abukar Arman is not only a Muslim brother but he is actually a well-respected Muslim scholar.

Duufaan   

Most of U.S universities are run by religion organisations. They sent their kids to their schools too. public school is another option for evrybody.

there is really not very much to distinguished, whether it's liberal universities or a christan university. if you understand what liberal means in the west.

RedSea   

Originally posted by Che -Guevara:

:confused:

You mean born Christian or those who converted?

I met the guy at private gathering and had conversation-he's quite but articulate. He has no illusions about what he is getting into. He will be leaving for Xamar,

N yes, he's Muslim!!

:D:D at 'yes, he is Muslim.'

Armaan maa Muslimnimadiisa la isku heystaa? I used to read his qoraalo, nin caqli gal ah waaye oo jagada loo magacaabay u qalmo.

Eebba ha u garabgalo.

Maykal Maryama dowladii horeba waaku jiree marka wax cusub ma'aha. Laakiin I think our forefathers were a lot more tolerant than we are, or perhaps maadaama ninkaas dalkeena u soo halgamay ayee sidaas daraadeed ugu dulqaadan jireen his religious beliefs.

I am amazed ,just because he has attended a Catholic University you seem to be bias. Anyway if you look all the universities in USA most of them was founded by Ministers,Relegious organization, take a look St mary,Catholic university, St olaf, etc, furthermore the oldest learing institution in USA Harvard University was founded by a Minister and they named after him,so anyone who graduated that school will we label Christianity. War yara caga dhigta oo soo dhoweeya.

Malika   

^ :D [is he your cousin?]..

* taking off the Somali thinking hat off*

icon_razz.gif

Gee Shilling! I mean,duh!

Well,Goodluck to the man..I am among the lazy thinkers wuu shegeeyee. redface.gif

Taleexi   

Fact: In one way or another, most of higher learning institutions have roots in their respective faiths. Therefore, dhib ma leh hadduu qof muslim ahi Christian school wax ka barto. As far as Armani is concerned; the last time I talked to him, he was not only a passive Muslim but an active one. Best of luck to him.

Mr. Arman is not only a muslim but is a leader of the muslims in central ohio. last Eid here in columbus, he lead the Eid prayer at masjit Noor, the biggest mosque in this area.