Sign in to follow this  
Taako Man

South Africa, Libya, Argentina, Angola, Congo ready to SEND FORCES TO SOMALIA?

Argentina? How will they get to Africa? To the best of my knowledge they lack a true blue-water Navy, so it will be strictly air route to get to Africa but then their mid-air re-fueling capabilities is uncertain and if they have any it's at best limited unless of course someone else helps them out. And what's with Congo? Isn't this a country still in the throes of violent and bloody civil war?

No amount of forieng intervention will bring about peace in Somalia. This option has been explored almost exhaustively before and met with spectacular failures. It can be argued foreign intervention of the 90s only served to prolong the civil war. The fear of this new intervention is it will vivify the dying civil war of the 90s or herald a new civil war. Every concerned Somali should oppose foriegn intervention. Want peace and security for Mogadishu and environs? Bring back the ICU forces and accomadate their leaders politically thereby distancing ICU political leadership from it's forces.

It's same old same old with Somalis. In the past we used to fight over grazing lands and wells, today we fight over seaports and airports and other resources. Nothing changed except we know can inflict more destruction and loss of life on each other than before all thanks to lethal modern weaponry.

The solution out of this impasse is the same as always. Traditional means of conflict resolution. At least for the short term. This means using traditional elders, clan elders and religious leaders to work out a consensus under acacia tree. No need for foreign concepts of elections, parliments, elected leaders or judges that our people are not ready for yet. Using elders and traditional means of conflict resolution will wrestle power and influence away from self-styled warlords, slowly marginalizing them.

^ From judging your previous post you are a secularist. An Atheist/Agnostic am I correct in my assumption?

Why are you advocating for THE ICU when you would get skinned in Xamar? :D I can see other Somali Muslims advocating for the ICU but you?

The only excuse is Tolnimo.

Did you read my post? In it I promoted the inclusion of ICU leadership into the government. Bringing them into the tent preempts any chance of them fighting to destroy or undermine this sham government.

Besides what do you have against peace and order? The ICU forces brought unprecendented peace and order to Mogadishu. Calling for their return, only to Mogadisho, to do what they demonstrated in spades they're capable of is practical call. How can you concievably say it's motivated by clanism?

I'll be frank with you. If I was driven by clan interests I would oppose both the ICU and TFG since both work against my clan interests.

I ask again how can an Atheist/Agnostic want the ICU a islamic movement? Only tolnimo can make a gaal fight for islam or under it.

The TFG will work for the interest of their citizens. Ofcourse they are looking for peace among their citizens. What actions they shall take are bringing about a peace force in Xamar to protect the interest of the civilians, dialogue with clan elders and religious leaders like Imaam Cumar etc

Originally posted by Brown:

So what do you call MUSLIMS who were/are opposed to an islamic movement?

I once upon a time supported the kicking out of the warlords. Many did. However their unwillingness to for discussion and their dhuul balaarsaan ways and their attempt to bring peaceful areas Puntland,the seccessionist etc under their control by the gun and having a tuug turned sheik as security minister showed that it was a hijacked islamic movement to serve the interest of a sub sub clan.

Originally posted by Taako Man:

quote:Originally posted by Brown:

I once upon a time supported the kicking out of the warlords. Many did. However their unwillingness to for discussion and their dhuul balaarsaan ways and their attempt to bring peaceful areas Puntland,the seccessionist etc under their control by the gun and having a tuug turned sheik as security minister showed that it was a
hijacked
islamic movement to serve the interest of a sub sub clan.
Adeer, Stop being dull. I didn’t ask you to explain why YOU flipfloped on the IUC, That’s a given. You are a unprincipled qabqable. Rather, tell me this:

^ Call it a flip flop or whatever. But the ICU were not a islamic movement no more. The likes of Aweys, Indhacadde, Ceyroow, Seeraar, Goobaanle, Deylaaf, Dhuxuloow, Salad etc didn't represent an islamic movement encompassing all parts of Somalia. They were a clan movement. I am ashamed that a movement which had genuine sheiks like Shariif and Cadoow were hijacked by Tuugs, Wardens, Dhiigyacab, etc

You don't even know my clan so how can you state anything ya Caano boore drinking brother?

Originally posted by Taako Man:

^ Call it a flip flop or whatever. But the ICU were not a islamic movement no more. The likes of Aweys, Indhacadde, Ceyroow, Seeraar, Goobaanle, Deylaaf, Dhuxuloow, Salad etc didn't represent an islamic movement encompassing all parts of Somalia. They were a clan movement. I am ashamed that a movement which had genuine sheiks like Shariif and Cadoow were hijacked by Tuugs, Wardens, Dhiigyacab, etc

You don't even know my clan so how can you state anything ya Caano boore drinking brother?

Mr Flipflopper you are weired. Didn’t you accuse Socodbadne 30 minutes ago of supporting an "islamic Movement"? LOL. Who gets to label a movement as an islamic or clan based anyway? Do you decide to label an organization by the compositon its members?

The US & Ethiopia[With all its puppets] loudly claimed that the IUC were and are an islamic movement that wanted to rule somalia Taliban style.They Used this as a premise to attack Somalia. Either I take your bowl of bullxaar and call the IUC a clan based movement or your masters.

So, What do you call a muslim who refuses to support an islamic MOVEMENT?

^ They are good guys (the argentinians) and the work will earn them some badly needed hard currency ... I'm suprised the Bengalis' arent there !

Taco, your a joker man, keep up the good work ;)

WOOOOOWZER. I got the coalition of the clan courts barking at me :D

Brown

What bothers me is your comprehension. What would make an atheist/agnostic support a 'islamic movement'. It is an oxymoron. Every one with a brain can see there is something wrong, horribly wrong with this picture.