Sign in to follow this  
Cowke

Togdheer Is Getting Out Of Control. Sland Bring In Militia

Ibtisam   

^^^I agree with the old saying "women have no clan" (well until push comes to shove anyway)- but for now I was just lending a passing hand here. :D

Ngonge: What is wrong with that?? I like being Islaan yar. It is good to know stuff- you can never know too much.

As for the said Dahiir brother- igu qor his approval. I promise you he has a horse or two in Hawd and not from puntiland. ;)

NGONGE   

Guru, you were not here last night. I've already been confused once by Ibti's supposed knowledge. I dare not try my luck again. However, on this one, I trust her judgment. She's been taught by real experts. :D

Ibtisam   

^^^I was right last night- Check Sophist response on the last page of that thread! :D

Ducaysane_87 I know a place called Darar, but not Darar Weyn??

LOOOL@ "islaan yar" - talk about oxymoron.

Ibti - does this alleged Sultan from afar geedi ka xiga with houses and horses. does he have any beatiful daughters by any chance and want many camels to add to his status.

NGONGE   

Sayid, last night, Che & Ibti were claiming that Qardho had some business people. Ma run ba? The only business person I heard off from those parts was Ms DD. :D

Ibtisam   

^^ I never said that- I said they were known for some tendency with Geel.

Abokor :Dear lad, you have proved your case, and stamp ba lagu seeyeh, so no need to keep digging.

Hey Sayid- I think they recently signed a new deal called "The protection and prevention scheme" which is an insurance policy covering all beautiful girls between the age of 15 and 28 aimed at curbing the trend of marrying beyond the clans of burco (if push they might stretch till Hargisa and Berbera). The policy excludes over 28s and divorced women. Therefore I can ask for 28s or divorced women. How about it then?.

NGONGE   

Heh. Guru, fortunately in such a case, I will not be restricted by any golden rules and will be free to ask my probing questions. It's all the D's that confused me here (Ibti, did you notice the D here too?). :D

P.S.

The minute someone mentioned balayo dhiig (you spell it the way you choose) I went off the topic altogether.

Ibtisam   

Oodweyen:

Hence why I said when push comes to shove. Mar ka la ciyarayo- we don't mind putting clans aside icon_razz.gif That was survival.com rather than clannish, particularly as it was the women who suffered the most and still dealing with results of those days

Oodweyne...Your expertise in our traditions is noted and we shall defer to you but Ibti has made her mark but I must admit she could humble many guys let alone SOL's casiir ambassador Mr.NGONGE.

Ibti-LooooL Waxaas buu lasoo shirtagey NGONGE

Saalax   

"ladies" were the backbone of the then "SNM's Struggle"

reminds me of the SNM Mujahidaad Khadro Cusmaan(Libaaxo). :D

Originally posted by NGONGE:

Sayid, last night, Che & Ibti were claiming that Qardho had some business people. Ma run ba? The only business person I heard off from those parts was Ms DD.
:D

Don't listen to these two when it comes to Qardho - listen to Cowke instead :D

For a man who claims to "know nothing" (with indian accent) you definitely mastered the Somali Sarbeeb. :D Burco disowned you long ago.

Ibtisam   

Oodweyne, I think the basic structure of clan, makes everything in the nature of Somali clannish- by this I mean, the pain of persecution of their loved ones (who happened to be their clan/ family) by an outsider automatically makes it a survival of US against THEM. However noting that the THEM was not a single clan but rather an entity, I do not think it can be used to say they picked a clan. I would disagree with you respectful and leave it as a fight for survival and they picked survival for them and their families (who by extension happen to be clan :D )

I think women played a huge role in the war, because it forced them to play roles and fill the spaces left by the men.