Sign in to follow this  
Liqaye

Islamist rebels face off in southern Somali port

Originally posted by Fabregas:

^^Is that what you have been reduced to( constant personal attacks )?

Ghelle, any war which makes Johnny B and AT happy is a bloody fitna.
:D
But you can tell from the article who is wronged.

^^Oh, that!

Listen awoowe I think you are indeed in a theological disorder, an apparent choas. How else can one explain this recent trend of yours?

Calling that for what it's, is not an insult. It's applying a dose of clarity to it. And in light of NGONGE's sabotage of my effort, you should expect more it.

And to stay with NGOGNE's sagaaro theme.

Once upon a time, there was a harsh drought in some parts of Somalia. The drought was so cruel and brutal that wealthy men were forced to hunt all kinds of animals which would have otherewise been considered a lowborn activity in the nomadic tradition. One such men filled his buraashad with biyyo and took his gun with few precious bullets he intended to use them economically and at a worthy biciid or cawl only. He traveled long distance to find a place where he thought some biciids still remain.

But he encountered a persistent problem. Every time he locates a biciid, points his gun toward it and puts it at the crosshair, a sagaaro jumps unexpectedly and alerts the biciid, disrupting his strategy and letting the biciid run away. This happened more than once. The man faced a predicament. Killing the sagaaro would only yield a few bounds of meat, which is not enough for him let alone his family. He does not have enough bullets to kill both. His logistics would not allow him to stay camping in this place for any longer. He had to decide, and decide quickly.

And he did.

After a sagaaro interrupted his meticulous ambush at a biciid, he fired on at her and scored a hit. It was not what he wanted, but it was what he had to do. And to that he went back home singing:

Awalbaad dekeno hore qabtay oo didisay cawshiiye’e

Maantana biciidkaan damcaad daba ordaysaaye’e

Fediyaamo deerooy haddaanan dabada ka toogan

Since I spotted Ducaysane in this thread, I leave to him to expound the hidden nuggets of wisdom :D in this story

I believe Abdi Muhumad's wisdom fits in this situation precisely xiinow.

ileen qaawin taydiyo

qalashada waraabaha

Qayladaan miciin biday

igama adan qabanine

Adigaa hunguri qabay

oo qooq ku soo waday

I think, what we all wanted in Kismayo was to see people of that region live peacefully, regardless their qabiil differences and that is what they have today. Handing the admin over to Kaambooni or caanoole (two qabiil entities) is wrong. Why did shabaab kick Hiiraale out first place then. Ma qabiil baa qabiil ka fiican. mase meesha xukun buu nin kasto doonayee dad uma danayn

Its obvious for all to see that Hizbul Islam and al-shabaab are only loosely working with each other today to overthrow somalia's government.

After that happens they would throw the country back into further war by fighting each other for power.

Yesterday the al-shabaab clowns vowed to only take oders from Osama bin laden, lol.

Any somali nationalist who has sense and loves he's country and people would understand that the best hope for somalia is President sheikh shariffs Government.

Al-shabaab are crazy thugs who are just AL-Qaeda's proxies in somalia.

In fact al-shabaab are an enemy enity of the people and interest of somalia.

They would only give further excuse to the ethiopians and others gaals to pour into our country.

Kamaavi   

As have been said this is just part of the unending war. It doesn't surprise someone who is well informed about what is going on in Somalia.

Ninkii roon reerka ha u hadho, I said a while ago!

Originally posted by xiinfaniin:

You missed the point, Duco!

What was the point if I may ask Sheekhoow? ( don't answer) :D

Fabregas   

Originally posted by Gheelle.T:

Why don't you say it loud and clear who you think is wrong and creating the "Fitnah?" And what would you call the group that you think are evil doers?

WHy do I get the impression your trying to put words in my mouth bro? Evildoers, huh? I thought it would be common sense that the group who agreed( as it is claimed) to hand over power/share by a specific period are in the wrong here. Of course we don't wish for a peaceful City to burn like some of the Shariff supporters are praying for.

Xiin; no time to read bedstories sxb.

Gabbal   

This has nothing to do with people "coming to understand Al Shabaab" especially the likes of Turki who is perhaps more extreme and militant than the majority of Al Shabaab's leaders. Turki is purely catering to his base to keep a hold on their support which makes him relevant.

It is most definitely not new and the tension has been there from the beginning of the Islamist conquer of Kismaayo.

I said 6 months ago:

Not at all Nuune, because the clans themselves are not central to the picture. It is the Islamist groups who are challenging each other (what we would call "xiniinyo-taabasho") . Naturally Ras Kamboni has its supporters, for clan reasons or not, on one side and Al Shabaab has been taking a very pro-active move to ally themselves with the Gedo side recently.

The competition itself is not new but Xassan Turki taking sides is. If you remember when the alliance of the Islamist groups first took on Barre Hiiraale's personal militia, they set up an administration that was majority Al Shabaab (the Gedo Islamists who begun the war against Barre himself were Al Shabaab) but there was great dissatisfaction among Kamboni side and men like Ibarhim Shugri Abu Zaynab even publicly aired their defection. However Turki himself bestowed legitimacy on that administration and so peace reigned.

That administration was itself supposed to be temporary for a 6 month basis but Al Shabaab has deafened itself to calls for change after the time has lapsed. Now Turki himself joined the fray calling for a new administration and still Al Shabaab has continued to resist. This is where the present hostilities are emanating from and why each group is trying to campaign for support within the local community if war becomes necessary.

Source

The fundamental disagreement between the two sides is thus; Al Shabaab does not want nor will give in to an administration that will be composed according to clan because it threatens the whole existence and unity of their control in the southern regions while the Kambooni group wants an administration that favors them clan wise. As a result Al Shabaab is more fearful of destroying the unity and integrity of their base by caving into a clannish administration than it is of engaging Kambooni as a group.

The fact that Al-shabaab don't want to share the administration was obvious. You are either one of them or they fight you. The writting was on the wall for Hassan Turki and Hassan Daahir Aweys must have seen it long time ago. Xisbul Islaam are better off joing the goverment or they will be ousted by the Alshabaab militants. Well, they are all militants and are equally as bad as each other. May be the goverment should say no to Xisbul Islaam because they are not sincere and honest.

I wait for what Xassan Daahir Awees has to say after a war breaks out in Kismayo. Will he say the gaalo are behind to destroy Islaam? There is no Gaalo in Kismaayo dude. Smell the coffee. It is your for ally, Al-shabaab who wants you out. By the way, how will Alshabaab justfiy fighting their ally, Xisbul Islaam? Will they say "weey gaaloobeen?"

Somali politics is taking new shape, and I am more worried than ever before. I ask Allah, the Al-mighty, to save Somalia and Somalis from these sick warring militants, who know no peace nor talk. Just destruction and war.

Paragon   

Actually, I don't mind them having one good fight.

BUT, can I make the kind request of having a 'face off' OUTSIDE of the city? I am sure there are good empty spaces that are fit for the job.

Ninkii roonaado reerka ha u haro.

Kamaavi   

He is in Agame Free Air Prison, not far away from the administrative border.

You sure he is capable man for this huge job yaa President? :D:D