Sign in to follow this  
Che -Guevara

The courts take control of Beled Weyne. Is Gaalkacayo next?

Rahima   

Whilst I’m not of the view that the courts are based on clannish ideas and motives, even if in the event that they were, how would that make them any different then say PL? I mean both in such a case would be serving the interests of their clan, not to mention (contrary to the lies of some) both have the majority support of their respective clans. You can't be a supporter of PL, yet attack the courts for serving the interests of their clan, with that reasoning, aside from tribalists you become hypocrites.

The courts may not have the full support of say the majority clan of Southern Mudug/Gaalkacyo, but they do have majority support. It just so happens that those hell-bent on defaming the courts would want us to believe that the majority are against the courts for it serves their purpose. Those of this clan who are against the courts are a few morons driven by qabiilism and hate for anything Ahlus-sunnah wal jamaaca. We all know that Gaalkacyo is perhaps the most khuraafad filled town in Somalia- they don’t want to see the establishment of anything contrary to their ways. These are the two motives of those who oppose the courts.

That said all that matters is that the courts have majority support, which they do, so for the cheerleaders, find a new chant and cut the BS. Don’t think that if you chant it enough it will become the truth. A lie, even if masqueraded as the truth through false reportings, is still a lie.

Rahima..Pland is built purely on Qabiil affiliation that promoted the interests of dat Qabiil in the absense of legitimate Somali gov, no one disputes this fact, and if the courts is founded the same principles as Pland, no one faults them for wanting to clean up own their turf. Let them move in Southern Galkayo if that's in the interests of that particular community.

The question here is will their militaristic excursions stop there, and are they gonna venture farther north under the pretext of "being invited to liberate villages and towns".

Duke....I doubt Aweys wants a repeat of nasty tribal wars in the 90s. He could be genuinely interested in reviving the Somali state and is no mood to subjugate other Somalis. But the simple of fact of having well armed militias in sight of each other could be a trouble even if neither party is interested to battle.

Rahima   

The question here is will their militaristic excursions stop there, and are they gonna venture farther north under the pretext of "being invited to liberate villages and towns".

I very much doubt that that will happen. The courts were built on the premise of restoring law to areas of lawlessness, why then would they attack areas which have achieved relative peace? It defeats the purpose and really to entertain such a concept is foolish, especially since all they are doing at the moment is responding to cries of their own kin. That is the Somali way I suppose.

no one faults them for wanting to clean up own their turf.

Perhaps not you, but we all know that certain folks oppose them for just that ;) . Some of our people rejoice at what they perceive as the downfall of the enemy tribe. I still find it amusing how some are crying day in day out about how supposedly evil the courts and Sh. Hassan Dahir Aweys are, when all they have done thus far is positive and not to mention they have the support of their constituents (that alone speaks volumes about them). As with any human entity, none can claim the courts to be perfect, but it’s interesting how some are like I said hell-bent of trying to tarnish them.

a lot of people here seem to be completely blind to the intentions of the courts until the very end. As for Galkacyans, neither north or South wants these courts. In my Opinion, if southern Galkacyans want to have their own administaration, that fine, but to have have aweys and the courts on the doorsteps of puntland would not be acceptable to any. Cantinue with your blind reservatons but really, how long and at what city will you see the true intentions of these people, Garowe? The day they stepped out of Mogadishu, they have made their intentions clear to all but to the the dowleddiid, what it take to convence you?

Khalaf   

This is pure propaganda and its not in the peoples interest for the courts to move into Galkayo or other peaceful reagions…..their aim was to clean up the streets, remove roadblocks and bring safety to the citizens of southern Somalia. Inshallah if they are successful in doing so…thus far they have accomplished tremendous good….the rest of Somalia will follow peacefully. Allah knows best but as my uncle has explained it to me these courts were ordinary men who ran schools, quranic schools, hospitals, and because they were being successful doing good for the ppl….the US and Ethopia accused them of terrorism and supported the warlords….the sheiks were killed and harassed…thus they armed themselves and defended themselves and the citizens of Xamar supported them. For those who accuse them of tribalism....well is not majority of Somali citiizens sentiments triablistic? And is not the southern parts a majority qabil….thus its only smart that the majority members of courts hail from a particular clan for now….that shouldn’t not being an excuse to accuse them….look at the good they have done for the citizens that speaks volumes.

I have heard the other side too…that these are same criminals who put on different shirt. That’s untrue I think…..I don’t know the reality on the ground. All I know is Somalia has moved forward for the first time in 15 years…progress is being made….good is being done…these are men who are making salat and following the Sunnah and asking ppl to do good and forbidding evil….for that I support them….yes um sure not all are good and many mistakes will be made along the way…however mistakes are made and learned from….dats what the courts are doing! People need to give them a chance.

In Islam Allah refers to kith and kin(qabil) in order to be good to them….a way for us to know one another…..however in the Quran Allah refers to other Muslims as “your brothers†therefore the bond of faith is stronger then that of blood if indeed u are believers…Allah united the hearts of the mushrik arabs who hated one another because of qabil and killed each other….somalis who have done this hated their brother cause of qabil are also mushriks and no different then the disbelieving arabs….the best way forward is to follow our religion….this alone can cleanse our hearts…Inshallah right will prevail.

ps: sorry if i sound clone of what Rahima said she copied me lool, u are right muminah.

Originally posted by Rahima:

Perhaps not you, but we all know that certain folks oppose them for just that
;)
. Some of our people rejoice at what they perceive as the downfall of the enemy tribe. [/QB]

We are Somalis...Ilaahay Anakuu Iskaaya tusay. But at the end day, any sane Somali will understand the sufferings of fellow Somalis whether in Xamar or elsewhere will not bring him/her any closer to brighther tommorow. The downfall of any particular Somali cid only weakens us.Anyone who hasn't realised dat by now should be institutionalized.

N for our Sake, I do hope the courts engage rest of Somalia peacefully.

Naxar....You are being too paraniod.

ElPunto   

Originally posted by Rahima:

Perhaps not you, but we all know that certain folks oppose them for just that
;)
. Some of our people rejoice at what they perceive as the downfall of the enemy tribe. I still find it amusing how some are crying day in day out about how supposedly evil the courts and Sh. Hassan Dahir Aweys are, when all they have done thus far is positive and not to mention they have the support of their constituents (that alone speaks volumes about them). As with any human entity, none can claim the courts to be perfect, but it’s interesting how some are like I said hell-bent of trying to tarnish them.

An obsession with how others might perceive X or Y in terms of clannishness is hardly healthy. I'm not sure it's much better than the clannishness itself.

Duufaan   

The court knows they cannot win a battle in Gaalkacayo this time. I do not think they will go there. If they do, it will be a big mistake for their future. For Puntland it will be very costly to have so many men stand by for long time. so this should be solve one way or another.

Pi   

Originally posted by ThePoint:

An obsession with how others might perceive X or Y in terms of clannishness is hardly healthy. I'm not sure it's much better than the clannishness itself.

Hey, it's just very very mild form clannishness- the obsession, if there is one. Still though, I understand it completely. You might not care what other people from other clans say about your clan (correctly or incorrectly), but some people get especially irked when their clan is criticized unjustly. They are somalis after all. I dont fault them, really. I only take issue with people who become irritated if members of their clan are justly reproached.

Anyhow, I think the courts are making good progress. Thumbs up to them. Call me naive, but I've never been more optimistic about Somalia in my life. I hope they deliver, and dont disappoint.

Rahima   

a lot of people here seem to be completely blind to the intentions of the courts until the very end. As for Galkacyans, neither north or South wants these courts. In my Opinion, if southern Galkacyans want to have their own administaration, that fine, but to have have aweys and the courts on the doorsteps of puntland would not be acceptable to any. Cantinue with your blind reservatons but really, how long and at what city will you see the true intentions of these people, Garowe? The day they stepped out of Mogadishu, they have made their intentions clear to all but to the the dowleddiid, what it take to convence you?

Are you sure that the people of sourthern Mudug/Gaalkacyo do not want the courts? Fools like Qeybdiid do not represent the people from this area. I’m sure the anti-courts group would love for us to believe it so, but thankfully he does not. I’m a big believer in each clan cleaning up their own rubbish, soon Qeybdiid and his likes who you lot cheer on, will be relegated to the positions befitting of such morons. For years these men, who are now opposing the courts (and who you obviously are referring to), have done absolutely nothing to progress this area and the lives of the people. Every single advancement made by the wadaado they have managed to thwart, this time however it shall be different, for this time they will be spoken to in the language that they understand.

N for our Sake, I do hope the courts engage rest of Somalia peacefully.

I’A.

Khalaf,

Indeed I’A right will prevail and May Allah give the courts victory so long as they adhere to His laws and work for the good of the people.

Pi....It is not all about Qabiil. Some of us have actual relatives living in Gaalkayo. Their safety and well being is obviously concern to me.

Personally, I don't care much for Pland admin. Cadde and his cohorts are bunch corrupted thugs. I don't mind seeing Pland having its own revolution. The place is oppresive.

ElPunto   

Originally posted by Pi:

quote:Originally posted by ThePoint:

Hey, it's just very very mild form clannishness- the obsession, if there is one. Still though, I understand it completely. You might not care what other people from other clans say about your clan (correctly or incorrectly), but some people get especially irked when their clan is criticized unjustly. They are somalis after all. I dont fault them, really. I only take issue with people who become irritated if members of their clan are justly reproached.

Anyhow, I think the courts are making good progress. Thumbs up to them. Call me naive, but I've never been more optimistic about Somalia in my life. I hope they deliver, and dont disappoint.
If you are continually obsessed with another clan's perceptions, inclinations and rumour about your clan - you have an unhealthy paranoia and/or self esteem issue - and this only reinforces your own tendency for clannishness and hostility towards others not of your clan. It also reinforces broad brush generalizations about ppl in clan X or clan Y that, more often than not on the individual level, have no basis in reality.

To my mind - clan will always remain on the Somali scene and it is not all bad. However, the constant obsession with other clans, their actions, perceptions etc is the real killer.

ElPunto   

^^I don't think anyone knows what the residents of Galkayo, north or south want. Speaking about the majority are for this or for that is pure speculation.

Rahima   

^ And I suppose some would argue that about Xamar also (and I think we have sufficient evidence to prove that).

As for Gaalkacyo, like Che highlighted, some of us have many relatives living there, and believe you me the people of southern Mudug in general are tired of these thugs, the courts are a fresh of breath air. In due time we shall see.

Also, I am of the view that a clan is separate from the people of it, hence highlighting the motives of certain people, does not equate to a clans views. I fail to see how the two of you got from my post that I was referring to a clan- baffled. I don’t believe that I said certain clans or anything of sort, so for clarification purposes pls do explain, unless of course by referring to the views of certain individuals in the eyes of the both of you i am automatically seen as referring to a particular clan. If it is the latter, then we disagree to begin with anyway.

ElPunto   

^I don't think we have sufficient evidence in Xamar to prove anything. The city appears to be more peaceful and the thugs less present but to say that a majority is for the ICU is a leap. I don't know why anyone would be in a hurry with regard to that.