Sign in to follow this  
Nur

Johnny B, an Invitation For A Dialogue

Nur   

Johnny B.

This invitation is trigerred by your words addressed to Sister Ukhti Muslimah :

our comprehension of the ethical, logical, rational, and sensual fallibility of your source is beyond your initial impression

These words of yours were a response to Sister Ukhti's expression of doubt on a hadeeth that describes the dwellors of hell as being mostly women. Your objection here could be that you:

1. Either belive in Allah or you dont, if this is the case, the discussion takes on a different path. If you, then read on.

2. You believe in Allah but you have doubts on his judgements

3. You believe in Allah, you trust His judgements but you dont believe in Prophet Muhammad

4. You believe in Allah you trust His judgements, you also belive in Prophet Muhammad but you doubt on his judgements

5. You believe in Allah, you trust His judgements, you aslo believe in Prophet Muhammad and you trust also trust his judgements but you doubt the autheticity of the Hadeeths , specially those with implicit inequality between men and women.

Once your position on this issue is clear, it is going to be a pleasant discussion and very informative, rest assured that no stone will be left unturned to find the truth.

Nur

Baashi   

***Is this seat taken, No dankis...waves Asalamu Caleykum to Nur and says Hi to my boy JB...as Baashi settles in this uncomfortable seat, the imaginary screen character beside me breaks the ice and said u must be good Ol'Baashi...trying too hard to recognize him with no avail...I said u must be a new nomad.

New Nomad: Ramadan Kariim Oday Baashi.

Ol'Baashi: Ramadan Kariim ya akhi.

NN: I like SOL but what's up with this never ending muran adeer Baashi.

OB: Well I guess u r right but look on the bright side of things. Ya see, I call what u refer to as muran an uncomfortable conversation that must happen.

NN: Adeerkiis as often is the case u lost me again. I don't know what's up with ur peretentious self...let me break it for u Duqa: here is how I see it if the convo is uncomfortable, don't have it. Ain't that simple?

OB: Yes it is. Can I ask you a question NN.

NN: Ya betcha.

OB: Do u like to be challenged say in ur views of things.

NN: Hell NO! R u nuts! Look old man, why would I like to be confronted by an ignorant Geeljire?

OB: I guess u have a point. U see there r folks who for one reason or another like to have intellectual discussion with fellaz whose views are not compatible with theirs. They figure if they sit down with these high calibre guns at least they will learn one or two things from them. In the same token, there are folks who think that if they have something valuable it is their moral duty to share that which is good with their fellow community members.

NN: U kidding aren't u old man? My take on these things is to avoid arguments. Also I despise the self-rightous folks who think they have a license to tell others what to do and how to do it. U see my motto in life is live and lett others live. It ain't that complicated if u think about it.

OB: Live and let others live I like that. And No it's not that complicated. But if you think about it there is something unsettling in all of this...u see the question live according to whose laws begs the question. For instance, here in the states it's illegal to have a sip of Budweiser if u r under 21. Just across the border they let u drain a pack of Miller down in ur throat if u r 19 yrs old! Apparently u r not free to fancy whatever u wanna do. What u make of these limitations imposed on society by different authorities?

NN: Not to disrespect u or anything like that but u seem to be missing the point here. These limitations are imposed by men whose power are checked by our tastes. I can assure u if the people want to change the age where we can drink alcohol then we will just vote for some initiative and it will be done.

BO: So if 30% don't want that to happen but 31% wants the old ordinace revised to their liking, and the rest don't care about one way or another, the 30% who say no should swallow their pride and go with the flow...right?

NN: Duh! this is no brainer adeer. It's what the democracy is all about. If u got ideas take them to the people and if u can't convince the majority then too bad and don't balme anyone cuz u couldn't sell it to the masses.

BO: I see where u coming from but my point is someone is not letting the other to live life the way one see fit. Don't u agree NN?

NN: Yeah sort of. But hey this is as good as it gets. I don't see any alternative to this thriving market place of ideas where freedom of speech is protected by the highest court of the land.

BO: Hold it buddy!

NN: Jee what's gotten in u old man? You shouldn't shout like that...see we are different Oldy I don't get excited like that with simple convo.

BO: Easy boy. Did u say the highest court? and I take it what u r referring to is the constitution right?

NN: Duh. Yeah!

BO: And I take it that's the yardstick all the legislative and executive (elected branches) initiatives conform to. No?

NN: I guess so...hell I don't know...u think I'm geek or something?

BO: Same here NN I dunno much about these things. We just had a good and civil conversation about the stuff that make society tick.

***It looks like another good mannered and civil conversation is about to start off. It looks like someone is telling the crowd that the stage is for only these two nomads and the rset are asked to be quiet and be considerate***

Johnny B   

Brother Nur !

First, i´ve to admit that i feel deeply honored and heightened by your personal invitation.

second, i don´t think i´ll survive a deep and densely theological dialogue with you.

last but not least a dialogue between JB and Nur woulden´t be just JB & Nur,

i.e am afraid i´ve to decline your invitation, and thank you for your attention.

Not that it matters or brings about your thoughts and noble intention ,but It was

sister(ukhti) Proud Muslimah that i was adressing and my original statement was:

your comprehension of the ethical, logical, rational, and sensual fallibility of your source is beyond your initial impression.

P/s .. yet another crucial reason to decline the noble invitaion of brother Nur,i´m leaving for Italy on Friday.

once again thanks Nur .. n am sure you gonna enlight me one of,m days,

I´m sure am gonna catch your valueable attention again.

Johnny B   

Oh Bashi , My Graad ,, you beat me by posting the minute earlier.

Anyhow, i liked the dialogue, specially this:

Originally posted by Baashi:

OB: Well I guess u r right but look on the bright side of things. Ya see, I call what u refer as
muran
an uncomfortable conversation that must happen.

36_12_6.gif

Baashi   

JB I'm glad u like it. In fact I thought you would. Have a safe trip.

I'm kinda dissapointed in you my boy JB. I thought ur philosophical renditions would shake our SOL resident-scholar and in the process the crowd would get enlightened. You see JB philosophy and theology is not our cup of tea and most of us lay folks don't get the gist of it most of the times.

Maa caleesh though. Will make sure I don't miss it when u come back from Italy invigorated and energised by the wisdom of the giants that used to dwell in that historical Rome in its heyday.

Till then have a one of a kind of Ramadan and see ya soon.

So long JB.

Johnny B   

SB, ofcourse i am afraid!

look at who i´ve to put up against :D

plus the handicap the house rules impose.

Don´t you worry SB, just wish me a nice trip , am back in 10 days , and despite the circumstances i promise you , you´ll enjoy every minute of the disarmament of the eNuri troops.

Muhammad   

JB, ten days is more than enough time to give all in the e-Nuri camps an antidote to your infectious mosquito bites. also don't forget your reinforcements won't be released for another 3 weeks. ;)

have a safe trip!

Originally posted by Johnny B:

Don´t you worry SB, just wish me a nice trip , am back in 10 days , and despite the circumstances i promise you , you´ll enjoy every minute of the disarmament of the eNuri troops.

Have a nice trip, just don't get lost cause I wanna see you take on eNuri troops. Lol!

Nur   

Bashi Bro.

I like NN for his ability to think and question, I like the OB for his logical wisdom, a healthy discussion indeed.

" OB says: ive and let others live I like that. And No it's not that complicated. But if you think about it there is something unsettling in all of this...u see the question live according to whose laws begs the question. For instance, here in the states it's illegal to have a sip of Budweiser if u r under 21. Just across the border they let u drain a pack of Miller down in ur throat if u r 19 yrs old! Apparently u r not free to fancy whatever u wanna do. What u make of these limitations imposed on society by different authorities?"

Thats right, its all about Soverignty, whose law one abides and is bound to be held responsible? the temporal or the Eternal?

Nur

Johnny B   

Yeah .. JB is back !! sono bronto ;) ,

Please can someone play

Eye of the tiger

yeah ,

"Risin' up, straight to the top

Have the guts, got the glory

Went the distance, now I'm not gonna stop,

Just a man and his will to survive "

chorus :

The eye of the tiger (repeats out)...

Kashafa   

Radio'blogged Eye of the tiger. Dude has a sweet(read: fag) voice. You don't let a cat like that sing about guts and glory and above all things, the eye of a tiger. Straight Insult.

P.S. First you ditch and run, and now knowing Nur's gone for Ramadan, you announce your arrival ? Start singing "Heart of a Chicken"

Nephissa   

Kashafy: Nur was being chased at, he's gone for a good cause!

Johnny: Did you bring me Tiramisu and Perugina Bacci?

Welcome back :D

Johnny B   

NPD, Ooooooh mama !!

Girl,Tiramisu and all heaven in your mouth,

more than Perugina Bacci is what i get for you.

I get Umbari and 'La dolce vita' stories !!

Khashafa sis, What happened to brother Nur?

Gone for Ramadan? Wasen´t it Ramadan when i left?

Anyhoo, too tired to stare at your lenses,

I need Cherry & shower !

Kashafa   

Naku, lol@chased at, he throw a ticking time bomb and ditched yaah, naah, I think he genuinely took time off for Ramadan. He doesn't sound like the cut & run type.

Johnny Boy: That'll be King Kong K'Shafa to you.