Sign in to follow this  
Gediid

Cyber Threats

Gediid   

I dont know how many of you follow the website "A Taste of Africa" but for those of you who dont here's a lil brief.This website is owned by a Phillipino Aid worker in Hargeysa and she basically keeps this website to update her family and friends of her work in Hargeysa.Lately it has become a new source of information for anyone interested in getting first hand information of what life is like in Hargeysa from the eyes of a foreigner and a lot people including me have made it the very first stop to check it out daily for any updates.

The other day she posted her views on the murder of the Aid workers in Hargeysa and some fool from Qurbe threatened her.I understand the guy is now in hot water beacause of that incident but the question is was that person's actions justified in a way?

Here's the link to that story that caused the guy to make the threats......

A Taste of Africa

And here's the actual threat that he made

It seems to me that you are becoming mouth to the Somaliland's propaganda machine. You should recognize why you are there not what you think. This is matter of Somali not NGOs. I am strongly advice to you to stay your course as NGO not meandering Somali problems. Soon you will be next if you not watch what you are putting on your website. This is not warning, this it is a really. You forget that you live the most dangerous country in the world and you behaving like Somaliland politician.

What do you all think

LANDER   

Gediid,

I'm not sure where Qurbe is, but this guy should be prosecuted. After the latest incident with the german NGO, there is only a hand full of them left. These cyber-cowards wanna chase away all the workers that wish to help our population; If this guy has been identified he should be brave enough to face the music. They should lock him up for good for all I care, make an example of him. These cowards think Somaliland is some sort of playground for their homicidal habits, they should learn to think otherwise.

Fyr   

This coward apologize after some of the posters said that they will contact international anti-terrorism agency.

He apologize to Yvette and her family for the pain and the suffering that his comment caused them.

^^LOL^^

how pathetic. He was just scared of being

registerd as "international terrorist"

Lander Qurbe means the lands outside of where Somalis traditionally inhabit. I think the word comes from the Arabic word "Qariib" which in its plural form "Qurabaa'u" is close to our word Qurbe. The arabic word means strange, so basically strange lands I guess.

As for the threat, I think we should take it serious. Some one who is already feeling uneasy, to be threatened like that is not a joke. Its a felony.

LANDER   

Spadez,thanks for the explanation of Qurbe.

I think their is a solution to these self-proclaimed

terrorist. Since they are so eager to claim al-itixad or threaten NGO's how about they be handed over to some people who know how to deal with these infesting cocroaches. Somalilanders are too nice, they probably won't get information out of them, I say hand over to the Americans

:D , they go bananas anytime they hear anything having to do with organized terrorist. Let them enjoy a stay at Guantanamo, I hear the beach view is excellent.

AYOUB   

From what I've read, it looks like 'Doqashay 5' also be could be the same or part of gang behind the other NGO killings Somaliland. If it turns out to be the case it a major breakthrough in solving the cowardly criminal attacks and even more important finding out who sent them and why. If the reports are true, it looks like we all under-estimated how much these criminals were prepared to 'invest' to murder, create panic and suspicion. I hope we've got the culprits and the people who sent them should be next ones to face music.

As for the ina Hanjabe bin Booteeye the Cyber-terrorist, this one should be the second Somali to be deported to Somaliland and I'll organize a welcoming committee at the airport for them.