Sign in to follow this  
Nur

The More You Say, The More You See!

Nur   

Dear Nomads

Thank you for browsing this page, inshaAllah your curiosity will pay dearly, so get ready for a learning journey:

If you are like me, you are in constant struggle to make a sense out of the many sources of Islamic knowledge that you read, or hear about, sometimes these information from Quraan and Hadeeth reinforces our faith, at times, they raise questions that we can not resolve which affects our iman and as a result can affect our actions.

This thread was triggered by a letter of a brother who suffered bouts of doubt on matters of faith that caused him to slow down in the path of Islam, so, I dedicate this thread for that brother hoping that Allah SWT helps all of us to the right direction.

e-Nuri Opticians Presents:

The More You Say, The More You See

In the Hadeeth Al Qudsi Allah SWT says:

Kullukum Daal, Ilaa man hadeiytuh, fastahduuni ahdikum

" All of you (humans) are lost except for those whom I guide, so seek guidance from Me, I will guide you "

Allah taught us to say in our prayers 17 times a day " Ihdinaa siraadal Mustaqeem" " (O Allah) Guide us to the straight path" and as you have learned in grade school geometry, a straight line is defined as the shortest path between two points, in our case, Mankind and His Maker.

So, if we loose sight of this path , we can wander around for years and get lost at the end, literally "gone with the wind", . So,it is a mercy that Allah SWT taught us to say, " Guide us to the straight path" because the more we say this word, the more we can see with our other eyes.

Come to think of it, why did Allah stress that we say this prayer 17 times a day, when we pray the fard obligatory prayerzs ? ( 2 times in Fajr, 4 in Zuhr, 4 in Asr, 3 in Maghrib, 4 in Ishaa)

If you stop and think with me , you'd realize that these five prayers are milestones along the path that will deliver our souls to Allah SWT, the straight path, and as we pray daily and say " Guide us to the strait path" we continuously get closer to the right path that will deliver us to Allah SWT. So it is not a good idea to step out of the road and hope to be able to see your purpose.

To see physical things we use our eyes which are well designed to capture light, send the signal to the brain for processing and define the object for what it is supposed to be. However, seeing abstract things or ideas we need another set of eyes, not physical, but metaphysical in nature and hence the business of e-Nuri Opticians.

But to see things and concepts clearer, we have to be in the right mood, like being alone in a cave, or in seclusion, eating little, staying away from drugs and alcohol, and supplicating in prayers for clarity of purpose. Because if we are busy indulging in carnal pleasures, too much food, music or drugs , it is not an easy task to see things clearer. Allah SWT says " Allah does not guide those who live unclean lives.

So, in order to see the unseen, an exercise we call faith or iimaan is required, but at first, we have to get certain facts straight.

1. What is the purpose of life:

You came to this world without notice, and you will be dragged away, again without your wish, so it follows that you are not in control of your existence, (not even your job for that matter), so this should tell you that you are a helpless, ignorant, poor, weak, dependent and lost creature riding on top of planet earth as it circles around our sun some 60- -70 times, being born, growing, working, marrying, having babies, and then disappearing to be part of the grains of the planet and of the food chain to repeat the cycle. In the course of this lifetime, you laugh, you cry, you enjoy good things like a nice cup of tea with heil, qorfo , dhageyare and zanjabil, you also feel pain of partying ways with loved ones in divorce, travel and death, you celebrate your graduation from high school, college or being released from Kurtun Waarrey refugee camp to start a new life in Garasbaalley Technology Corridor as a Camel Milk researcher with e-Nuri Camel Milk Nuclear Reactor, in short you celebrate life in many forms that make you either happy or sad. Good enough?

So what is the point in life?

Is it for no purpose? we all know that there is nothing of value without a specific purpose, benefit and usage including the very monitor you are looking at.

Allah SWT says: " A fa xasibtum annamaa khalaqnaakum cabathan, wa annakum ileynaa laa turjacuun?" Do you think that we have created you trivially for no purpose, and that you will not be summoned back to Us?"

So, for some people, when they are hit with doubt, they reach this point of worthlessness, thinking along the wrong fallacy that since (X)is not equal to (Y), the whole concept of religion and Islam is dubious therefore, life has no purpose, and i am a worthless creature with no definite reason to exist, a freak accident at best, so monkeying around is the best way to live.

This is the wrong track, and unfortunately many so called "Muslims" fall in this trap because they were only Muslims by name with little knowledge of their faith, or they were rather educated Muslims who confronted an argument by an agnostic that they could not answer, or they may have read some material that cast clouds of doubt on the fabric of their faith, and as a result, their faith becomes like a file corrupted by viruses, and accordingly they act erratic and confused in their behavior.

They have no urge to pray, because they feel confused about the whole faith, they have more questions they have no answer for, and they become depressed, at times they drink too much camel milk for relief, they get stoned, chew the weed, or miraa in a Nairobi kiosk, but their pain never stops, they are in the dark of their purpose in life.

Now, if you happen to be one of the above, cheer up, e-Nuri Opticians wants you to know that you are not alone in this dilemma, even me, CEO of e-Nuri Communications , went through a period like that of confusion and wandering when I studied philosophy in high school( I can still remember my teacher laughing at me when I became confused), which shook the pillars of my inherited faith, and later in college as I was further subjected to more questions that baffled my mind when I had to put up with two atheists for room mates. So if I am out of that dark box, with Allah's mercy, then you can too, and inshAllah , I'll show you how.

For the first assignment:

Seek your maker with the following words:"Ihdinaa siraatal mustaqeem"

"Guide us to path that is straight ", say it as many times as you can, until you begin to see a light (Nur) like the one I saw, and hence my name. The more you say this word, the more you will see, inshAllah, so do not abandon your prayers, they are your heart sight, stick with your prayers till you see the light. It is not an smart idea to throw your glasses in order to see better.

In the days to come, we shall discuss this topic in depth so please participate and invite all those who have a similar heart-sight problem to our clinic, the e-Nuri Heartvision Clinic

Nur

2004 e-Nuri Opticians

We Correct Your Vision, With The Revelation

pearl   

This is the wrong track, and unfortunately many so called "Muslims" fall in it because they were Mulims by name with little knowlege of their faith, or they were rather educated Muslims who confronted an argument by an agnostic that they could not answer, or they may have read some material that casted clouds of doubt on the fabric of their faith, and as a result, their faith becomes like a file corrupted by viruses, and accordingly they act erratic and confused in their behaviour.

Nuri...i think u might be missing a group here..which is the muslims who are neither muslims by name nor confronted by satan(referring to anyone who causes confusion and doubt in ur deen), but rather those muslims who get side tracked from thier ibaadah and instead indulge in sin causing it to weaken their faith. That sin continues till one is able to with the help of Allah get back on the siraadal mustaqin . I fall into that group. The problem is getting the drive to get back on the horse. what is one to do?

Nur   

Luul sis

you write:

Nuri...i think u might be missing a group here..which is the muslims who are neither muslims by name nor confronted by satan(referring to anyone who causes confusion and doubt in ur deen), but rather those muslims who get side tracked from thier ibaadah and instead indulge in sin causing it to weaken their faith. That sin continues till one is able to with the help of Allah get back on the siraadal mustaqin . I fall into that group. The problem is getting the drive to get back on the horse. what is one to do? "

My Response

It is all about motivation, and each one of us is motivated ina different way, for Somalis, a proud Nation, dignity and self esteem is a major motivator not to sink to the bottom, that is why most of us come back to our senses after wandering around jahiliyya for a while to know that Islam best keeps our dignity and karaamah.

So, my advice is for you realize that you do not have that much time in your hands, and that you need to feel relieved by knowing that you have mended fences with ALLAH, that feeling alone should motivate you to stick to your guns and stay on this straight path.

To be very particular in my response, please PM me and I will do my best to share what I know with you.

Walaalkaa

Nur

Nur   

Its the last ten nights of Ramadan, the Night Of Qader is the main night, time to see with our other eyes of iman and taqwa, nightly prayers, time to get closer to Allah, to make resultions to be better, to help others, do good on earth, be more charitable with empathy to those unfortunate riders on this planet, time to be more forgiving (before hanging your enemies), its time to be a better human being.

Nur

Nur   

Raula sis

Baarakallahu feek dada for your sincere duaa, may Allah also increase your iman, have a mercy on your soul and bless you forever, and in case you are still single, bless you with a sensitive and appreciative pious hubby. Amin

Nur

Nur   

Nomads

Its summer time, many of you may be away from work or school, places like Kurtunwaarrey, or jalalqsi, sipping on fresh camel milk, but other may be at corner coffe shops in western countries arguing with wadaad-turned - agnostics, which can confuse you, further, so who are you gonna turn to in these circumstances?

eNuri Opticians is the right place to call!

Please bring all your confusions to this thread and page, will be glad to help, with Allah's inspiration.

Nur

Khalaf   

Nur yaa salaam akhi. Am sure being a member on these boards for a while and among other things you came across areas in which many people dont quite understand. Such as predestination, all that will enter jannah and hellfire is alreadly recorded.

Nur   

Khalaf bro.

On Qader, below is a response to a Nomad, not perfect, but clarifies some points;

Warsan sis

Calaf is Somali analogue for Qadar in Arabic, it is one of the six pillars of iman, it comes in two flavors, Good and Bad.

If you take an internet Class with Proffessor Nur on Somalionline Open University, and pose this question to the Prof. He will explain as follows:

Miss Warsan, I have taught this class for five years, and explained many concepts to the best of my abilities, I have simplified complex concepts to make it a child play, but still a handful of my online students fail this class, not because i made them fail, but i can tell you who among my students is more likely to fail this course, and because its only five years, my prediction may not be that accurate, but its good enough for government work.

Now let us stretch this logic a lil further, say, you come back to this site as a grandmother some thrity years, and Prof Nur is still on Somaliaonline Islam boards, with residual experience of 35 years on likelyhood of Nomads passing the grade at the SOL Open Uni.

If you ask me again the same question, the Profs chances of accuracy increase.

Now, Allah SWT creates his creatures with a constant mix of intellectual, physiscal, spiritual capabilities, and against these capabilities he expects them to perform and deliver duties that are within their sphere of influence. ( Laa yukallifu Allahu nafsan illa wuscahaa) ( Allah does not demand from any soul to deliver more than its capacity)

Like the students analogy, Allah knows beforehand our choices and paths that we will take, and thus he records it in the Book of Qader, as the Book of Qadar is in a different domain of time-space than ours, the present, past and future in that book are contiuum with no breaks. ( The Quraan is a good example of a text treating the future as if happening now)

So Qadar in other words is Allahs knowledge of our choices.

Allah also interferes at times, we call them Miracles.

Allah does not on one hand make you responsible for your actions, and on the force you to do something, it beats the purpose of creation which is to test people of their response level for Allahs unrivalled surrender.

From Allah point of view, the FUTURE has already happened, its analogous to a movie that you have already seen, you pretty much know what is going to happen next, but that does mean that you have forced the events and actors.

A similar topic was posted on these threads a while back, a question by an athiest , I have also responded to that question, an excerpt below follows:

The analogy here is about a human teacher who does not know what the future holds for his students, but from data of past twenty years he formed a knowledge base on which ha can base a prediction that holds water.

The key to the answer is therefore CHOICE, Allah gave us intellect to either obey or disobey, and he gave us the freedom of choice, and its utter justice that those who abide by rules are rewarded with goodness and those who commit crimes to be punished. However Allah's prior knowledge of our choices should not be reason for Allah to take away our valued freedom to choose to make our own decisions.

What the Atheist is suggesting is contradictory to his own desire for personal CHOICE of not following Allah's way, if Allah took that right away from him, he will be like a rock pepple on the beach, but we know that man has a purpose on earth and mission, which the Athiest fails to understand and hence his confusion. If we followed his warped logic, We would have all been Muslims, however many verses in Quraan clarify this fact. The Polytheists during Prophet Muhammad SAWS have used the same argument " Wa law shaa'a Allahu ma cabadnaahum" ( If Allah so willed, we would not have worshipped them (idols) ), here mankind is trying to transfer blame to Allah and insist on doing evil on earth as HIS CHOICE, then complain why Allah did not take that freedom away from him in the first place. This is mockery of reason, as he asking in other words, why did Allah gave me a mind? and a Choice? I would have been better off without them. Now, that is the exact wish of evil doers who end up in hell, the Quraan reccounts the unbeliever's future wish when they end up in hell, they say: " Leytanii kuntu turaabaa" meaning, " I wish I was sand"

The question that bounces back at the Athiest is this:

Do you want to be a human gifted and honored with intellect hence accountable to her/his actions? or do you want to be an animal or a rock pepple unaccountable for its action?

Nur

Khalaf   

Yes brother I remember that thread and just found it, very beneficial indeed, jzka to those who participated. About Calaaf, destiny

The questions raised on that thread i have come across many times, and I see many people take comfort in it. For example saying they will get what Allah has already written for them, as that verse like the Queresh if Allah so Willed then we wouldve been believers to begin with or been righteous.

What would you say to this question, what about those people who never heard of Islam, Quran, or the Prophet Muhammad scw, don’t know how to read or anything and were just born, lived, and then died.

Nur   

Khalaf bro. You ask

"What would you say to this question, what about those people who never heard of Islam, Quran, or the Prophet Muhammad scw, don’t know how to read or anything and were just born, lived, and then died."

That was the same question Pharoah of Egypt had when baffled by Moses mission to the oppressed children of Isreal.

"Fa maa baalul quruunin uulaa?"

What about nations of old ( Infidels)?

We start with several facts:

1. Allahs absolute Justice. ( Laa Yukallifullahu nafsan illaa wuscaahaa)

2. His Kindness that dwarfs His anger ( Wa raxmatii wasicat kulla shey).

3. His Wisdom (Wa maa kunnaa mucadibiinaa xataa nabcatha rasuulaa).

Allah has forbidden INJUSTICE even upon HIMSELF, and therefore He made INJUSTICE Forbidden between mankind.

Allah is mercyful, so in the day of Judgement, George Bush and His GITMO Kangaroo Court Officials will not judge people. Only Allah will judge all.

Allah is All Wise and All Knowing, which means that no one will be forgotten.

These points assure that every human will meet His maker, and have a fair trial by an impartial and Just King. There will be two main categories of people at the trials that day:

1. Those who received a Book of Devine Message: (Jews, Christians and Muslims).

2. Those who may have received another form of a Devine message.: (Rest of mankind)

Of the latter group Allah says:

"Wa in min qaryatin illaa khalaa fiihaa natheer" There is no village (on earth) that did not ( recieve a warning) by a warner."

Humans are also born with original Devine covenant implanted in their conscious known as FITRA or INSTINCT or MORALS.

The Fitra is based on the initial settings, no human beings rolls out of Allah's factory without the Fitra code deeply encoded in his soul, a code that was invoked by Allah when he created all the souls who were summoned on a single ground to take an initiation alligiance oath to make Allah alone their master and Lord over all their spiritual and lively affairs.

Allah then re-enforced that Fitra Code with Prophetic messaging, Prophets were sent to re-enforce the initial tawheed fitra code. Those who accepted the Devine message were saved and those who rejected were doomed. Its like signing a compliance contract with the police and then, ignoring an offical sign by the police and defying orders.

So as time goes by, people forget the message, and then Allah sends another messenger to strengthen the message with a living example like Moses, Jesus or Muhammad SAWS.

As for those people who may have not received prophets, they will be only judged by the initial Fitra Code commitment they have agreed to, and their local warner( who is just an enlightened person who found the truth. ) who does not have to be a prophet will be the witness over them.

Nur

Khalaf   

"The Fitra is based on the initial setting, when all souls were summoned and took an oath to worship Allah alone."

jazakallah khayr brother. Inshallah do continue.

Nur   

For Nomads on far ends of this blessed blue planet, from Nomads in Melbourne, Australia enjoying pleasant summer time, to Nomads under snow and (- 45) degree temperature in Alberta, Canada, and all other Nomads in between, I hope this piece finds you in good faith, if not, I pray it heals your soul.

Nur

Nur   

Oz Girl

I don't know if you came across this thread, it may address some of your issues of doubt.

Nur

Nur   

Sultan Dheere

This thread may be of help, inshAllah I will provide more insight later

Nur